Reviving my Bm: Key bindings

DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Blademaster
So I have decided to revive my old BM that was shelved when they nerfed nirvana. He had served the purpose of being a HF monkey, but now I'm interested in picking it up again due to all the new cool morai skills and a different mass pvp aspect (support rather than DD) compared to my archer.

Made a lunar set of full g16 HA +7 with g16 axes, and a r8 (soon to be r8r poleblade) and will be sharing my archers g16r mdef neck and emperor tome and stars destiny ring, and also has a g15 mdef belt. Kept enough dex to wear my g16 fists, (sparklier than claws).

So on key bindings, BMs have so many skills and I want to be able to use them quite reactively. On my archer I have 1-6 f1-f5 q e r f v c x bound to skills. (achers arent just qs auto!)

Considering also the 4 weapons (will be making a g16 sword for the shts and giggles) and skills exclusjve to some weapons, I am stumped with how to do this.

I've seen the rolling bars, I've seen a lot of clicking on every skill. I'd prefer to have hotkeys and am willing to try out the rolling bars, just would like to hear from you guys on how you have all this set up, the more detail so I can try it would be awesome. Thanks. b:thanks
DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On my BM I heve the ' key set to switch the rows (standard), then when I get to the weapon I want I have

On axes:
    1- Roar of the pride;
    2- Highland Cliff (Demon, has a chance to increase crit rate, so it comes first when I'm just facerolling);
    3- Fissure;
    4- HF
    5- M.Marrow
    6- P.Marrow
    7- HP Pot
    8- MP Pot

On fists:
    1- Roar of the pride
    2- Cyclone heel
    3- Bolt of Tyreseus
    4- Spark
    5- M. Marrow
    6- P. Marrow
    7- HP Pot
    8- MP Pot

Then I have 2 rows that won't rotate with the hotkey ones with my sword and pole skills.

My f-keys are mostly non-used all-weapon skills that whenever I need I just click them. I know F1 is auto-attack and F2 is Smack, think F3 is Drake's Ray, F4 is standard Pick up stuff and so on (oh, there used to also be a spot for my running skills somewhere, but I decided I can just click those).

Keep in mind this is also an alt BM, so the set up may be noob. However, it works decently for me. If he was a PVP oriented BM I'd have a spot for Drake's bash and probably no hotkey for MP pot or charms. I like having my charms there, though, and I don't go around charmed, so pots are nicely set there.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cheers for sharing! Yes, that setup works well for pve, my problem is more pvp. Didnt know you could assign the ` key, seems like a pretty natural one to use, if this is the default then just shows how noob I am at those scrolling bars lol.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You could also set 1 as the weapon of choice for that row, which makes it easier. I'm stupid and end up misclicking a lot, and that's why I took weapons out of the hotkeys. If you're not like me, it'd be better to have them at 1 (or wherever you please) to make it faster.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally I cant take the rolling bars xD which kinda sucks a bit, because bms got so many different skills that I would like to put on the bar.. So my bm is pretty much the character I use click method on the most.

I have both horizontal and vertical skillbar, horizontal being the one with 1-9 hotkeys since it's the skillbar that have more slots and I dont like looking on side of screen to press my skills xD

I have on all my chars pickup key on 7, and I usually place skills I use the most on hotkeys 1-6, trying to get used to hotkeys 8 and 9 as well
    on my bm I have
    1. Drake ray
    2. roar
    3. fissure
    4. highland cleave
    5. drake sweep
    6. flan of flames
    7. pickup
    8. (use to be leap forward) now Smack
    9. (use to be leap backward) forgot what skill it got now.. lol maybe flame tsunami..

bell, both marrows, cloud sprint and will of bodhisattva are on top of my skillbar so i can easily click them, and all my weapons placed next to.. Skillslot right under my axes I have hf, under pole i have farstrike, etc related skills so i can use them fast if needed since they have no hotkeys.

on the Vertical skillbar, I have F6 as fly on all my chars, and F2 as auto attack (not my mage charaters though lol)
    I haven't moved around on that skillbar for ages, because I'm too much used to it when using my bm for aps only (nirvana spam) so keys are
    F1- Fists
    F2 - Auto attack
    F3 - Cyclone
    F4 - 3rd Spark
    F5 - (use to be pole weapon) now Tiger Maw
    F6 - Fly

F7, F8 I forgot again, but high possibility its fly speed and town tele.
    Other than that I use the vertical skillbar a lot for such things as mount, macros, town tele and such things.
    I think I started using the bottom of vertical skillbar for 'real' skills due to lack of place. (I have a feeling I placed my leaps there now)

I honestly can't remember completly, because not long ago I moved around on the skills .... and I'm still moving them around ...

add:
    Other than that, i also like having blade hurl and reel in close to each other, and blade tornado close to my running skills.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I use v to rotate my f1-8 hot-keys in PvP fairly well, but then again I've had the same set up for 5 years.

The only things I need to click on are marrows, apoth, demon bell, mo zun, gear and sprints. Pretty much all my prime skills are hot-keyed. Watch any of my PvP videos if you need to see them in action.

My keys:

1. auto attack
    2. axe
    3. fist
    4. spear
    5. fly
    6. lead forward
    7. leap back
    8. farstrike
    9. glacial spike

f1-8 set up ( #1 , #2 )

f1 drake bash , ocean's edge