[Iron Heart Stacking]

Options
masternavid
masternavid Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Cleric
If player 1 heals player QQ with level 10 ironheart, 5 times
Then, a player 2, heals player QQ with lvl 1ionrheart, 1 time

Does the player get healed both Ironhearts? Or does the lvl 1 ironheart destroy the level 10 Ironhearts?
Post edited by masternavid on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • masternavid
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Nobody goes to those sections of the forums. Rare. Maybe one person. b:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well the mods end up moving these threads to where they belong anyways so you could always be kind enough to save them some trouble and post it in the appropriate section on your own when you know where it should go.

Your question has already been answered in detail before, but I have neither the time, nor inclination, to do the searching for you that showed the hard evidence. So I'll let someone else do that if they're feeling kind enough.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    IH don't stack. (only gives faster chi and long range) If you wanna help a tanker. shoot 3x IH and let him run to boss/mobs. It gives you time to put up BB and less worry for tanker that he dies.

Other example: to help players is shoot 3x IH to player waiting in front of falling rocks in aba, 90% chance player will not die when he has to pass the falling rocks.
  • masternavid
    edited November 2013
    Options
    sorry mod i am not smart as you thianks being so nice
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    IH don't stack. (only gives faster chi and long range) If you wanna help a tanker. shoot 3x IH and let him run to boss/mobs. It gives you time to put up BB and less worry for tanker that he dies.

Other example: to help players is shoot 3x IH to player waiting in front of falling rocks in aba, 90% chance player will not die when he has to pass the falling rocks.
    Actually, IH's do stack. What you described there is stacking IH's on the tank.

With the OP's situation, there would be 5 IH's at level 10, and then the Level 1 IH would overwrite the oldest Level 10 IH, which is timing out anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Actually, IH's do stack. What you described there is stacking IH's on the tank.

With the OP's situation, there would be 5 IH's at level 10, and then the Level 1 IH would overwrite the oldest Level 10 IH, which is timing out anyway.

Agreed. Was pretty sure they do stack but didn't know if different player/different skill level would somehow overwrite. Then I thought about it, two endgame clerics will often stack IHs on the same tank and its not like they keep overwriting each other. An example would be two cataclerics on a barb. It's not like they keep overwriting each others stacks, if they're both spamming that barb essentially has 10 IHs on him.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ironheart skill description says restore hp over 15 seconds, it ticks 5 times every 3 seconds (5x3=15 seconds), if we cast IH more than once, I think it adds more tick between the 3 seconds interval because of the next castings of IH.

Not sure if 2 different clerics cast IH on the same target though, whether it overwrites or adds up the heal if arrives at the same time.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Heal over time is like a DoT but it heals instead of damaging.

So just like how having a mob stand there and poison you adds to the damage, same applies to a cleric. The big difference being that due to how healing works and how much faster it can be spammed, you're constantly getting HP back much like when you use potions instead of getting a slight chunk every 3 seconds.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • freygin
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Now that you mentioned it, I believe IH does stack like that poison tick, the heal adds up and the 15 seconds follow the first cast of IH.

I just tried without weapon so it's easier to observe, casting IH many times, the heal over time got bigger every tick, but no matter how many IH I casted, it always stopped after 15 seconds.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    but no matter how many IH I casted, it always stopped after 15 seconds.

This is just a graphics glitch. The icon of the first IH doesn't get refreshed while you are stacking so it goes away after 15 seconds, even though the heal is still there.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • freygin
    edited November 2013
    Options
    if that so, then we should have 15 seconds heal over time from the last IH casted but with no icon, still confused about how the heal over time works if a target received more than one IH, by the same cleric or another cleric. f:faint