Quick As The Wind Issues.

Options
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
The title says it. Yup. We're supposed to be quick as the wind. Start the event at the same time...go to the respective fb19, and kill the boss...and be back before the others. Simple...except this last one. Now I don't normally run it this time of the day, but I'll say that this one was ridiculous. Less than three mins in, 9 people already reported back to the agent of thunder. 10 secs later is was 29. 10 more seconds it was 49, then 69, then after 5 mins of the event, the event is over with 99 people having turned in their prize.

Did they run it fairly? No. But this is human nature. Things like this are going to happen. But lets be realistic. There are things that can be done to make this event more fair.

*DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE IN SQUAD TO DO THIS. This should be solo mode only, so no squadding with your alt as they wait inside of an already cleared instance, both taking advantage of the speed required and of the instance limit...since tons of alts are clogging up the traffic.

*Make it so that if you're engaged in this event, the halls are always full. Even if you just cleared it, the second you accept that event, every mob should reappear for you.

Just some things that I feel could be implemented or addressed to make this event more accessible...and not let a few people taking advantage of the limit, ability to do this in squad, among other things mess up what is a very nice event.

Feel free to add anything that you feel the need to.
"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
Post edited by SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    People abuse as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    How does it work though that everyone gets an instance if you don't allow squads? You're only making it worse.

Also, I'm not using more instances than I would anyway if I drag my alt along. I don't pre-clear either, the mobs barely make a difference o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • yitianchen
    yitianchen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    well, it really shouldnt take you more than 5mins to do this event.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    While not allowing squads would stop the event from finishing too fast, it would cause the instance limit to be reached far faster, besides ppl would just tele alts into the right instance then as soon as which npc was announced and then take their time clearing on the alts since the instance limit is far below 99.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I do it twice a day on my Archer and my 96 wizzie. Both of them have no trouble getting hit by the mobs. On average they do like 20 damage per hit, I can holy path with 30 mobs following me and my HP bar barely moves. I don't clear the instance before the event, no need to. On my archer I kill the boss in 2 or 3 hits (depending on crits) and my wizzie 5-7. Just need to be quick, like the event says. Holy path, charger orbs, on my wizzie I spam distance shrink, as soon as cool down is done I hit it again. I know for a fact that I can finish the event with all the mobs in cave in less than 3 minutes because my Elven Alacrity will still be in cool down when I accept the reward. And my wizzie (who is way less geared than my archer might I add) doesn't take much more time to finish.  
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The title says it. Yup. We're supposed to be quick as the wind. Start the event at the same time...go to the respective fb19, and kill the boss...and be back before the others. Simple...except this last one. Now I don't normally run it this time of the day, but I'll say that this one was ridiculous. Less than three mins in, 9 people already reported back to the agent of thunder. 10 secs later is was 29. 10 more seconds it was 49, then 69, then after 5 mins of the event, the event is over with 99 people having turned in their prize.

Did they run it fairly? No. But this is human nature. Things like this are going to happen. But lets be realistic. There are things that can be done to make this event more fair.

*DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE IN SQUAD TO DO THIS. This should be solo mode only, so no squadding with your alt as they wait inside of an already cleared instance, both taking advantage of the speed required and of the instance limit...since tons of alts are clogging up the traffic.

*Make it so that if you're engaged in this event, the halls are always full. Even if you just cleared it, the second you accept that event, every mob should reappear for you.

Just some things that I feel could be implemented or addressed to make this event more accessible...and not let a few people taking advantage of the limit, ability to do this in squad, among other things mess up what is a very nice event.
    }

U MAD? THEN QUIT.

this event is wonderful just for the ppl that r fast, if u r low (brain and speed) do not QQ on forums but on urself. due to the fact that this random event only will take place few days then u wont ever see it again, and i am also strictly sure that u dont need coins, as much as alts or ppl who have been playing the game for a long time and have no oportunities like u do!
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Good responses so far all. I do agree that it shouldn't take but so long to run that instance. Its pretty simple, and the mobs only serve as a minor obstacle. Barely noticeable. I also holy path through it, and the mobs can't really do much of anything. Normally I get into the event, and when I do I blaze through it. What I'm saying is that this time, the event had all 99 players finished in less than 5 mins. That's including the time that it takes to get to the place, and the time that it takes to get back to the agent of thunder. Within 2 mins of the event beginning, the instance was full. and less than 3 mins after that, several people already had returned to the thunder agent. Just didn't seem like it was really possible with how quickly it went in this past event. But I do see what you all are saying, and thank you for your comments thus far. Feel free to comment more on your opinions of it. :)

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• yitianchen
    yitianchen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Do you know the teleport stone??? After you talk to the NPC at Northwest archo, you also get 3 teleport stone from NPC at the major city you took quest.

Here is how I do, stay at a teleporter before event starts, then teleport to whichever city event ask. After taking quest, I use teleport stone to west/south archo, use illusion stone to go in instance. After I kill the boss, use teleport stone to west archo to return quest. It actually only take less than 2 minutes.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    U MAD? THEN QUIT.

this event is wonderful just for the ppl that r fast, if u r low (brain and speed) do not QQ on forums but on urself. due to the fact that this random event only will take place few days then u wont ever see it again, and i am also strictly sure that u dont need coins, as much as alts or ppl who have been playing the game for a long time and have no oportunities like u do
    !

...and then this happens. Firstly, you do not know me, nor do you know my cognitive abilities, nor my intellectual level. Thus, you should not presume to know it with immature and foolish comments like this. Furthermore, I did not come on the forums to QQ about the event. I came to discuss an issue that I saw, and to get the perspectives, opinions and viewpoints from fellow players, but I see that point flew right over your head. Quite an accomplishment for me to do with my apparently "LOW" cognitive abilities. Whether I need coin or not is of no concern to you in honesty. However, I will humor your immature little snide remark, and let it be known that I do need coin. There are purchases and upgrades that I wish to make, and that bit of coin would be helpful to me. I've been playing this game for quite a while also, and I do have alternate characters that I play with. Whether this addresses your "concluding statement" or not I cannot ascertain for your grammatical errors and sentence errors make that a feat impossible to do. I will tell you that I've been in the top 99 quite a few times, and other times when I didn't place, I simply took it as a loss. Do not presume to know me, my cleric, my intellectual abilities, my speed, my accomplishments or anything else. (It makes you look foolish.)

I feel compelled to leave you with a word of advice for your offensive statement. Learn basic mannerisms when you talk to a person, and don't act like a immature child. If you have a different opinion then state it, and debate your point. If you feel that I myself am wrong, then say so and support your reasons. However, making negative presumptions of my cognitive abilities is an ill advised and unbecoming act. Or rather, let me put it this way to you... When you step to me STrickeen, you'd better come correct. b:angryb:scornb:scorn

edited October 2013
    Options
    yitianchen wrote: »
    Do you know the teleport stone??? After you talk to the NPC at Northwest archo, you also get 3 teleport stone from NPC at the major city you took quest.

Here is how I do, stay at a teleporter before event starts, then teleport to whichever city event ask. After taking quest, I use teleport stone to west/south archo, use illusion stone to go in instance. After I kill the boss, use teleport stone to west archo to return quest. It actually only take less than 2 minutes.

Good point yitianchen. I'll attempt that method and see how it goes. Thank you for your words of advice. b:thanksb:victory

• STrickeeN - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    Options
    dunno whats on earth with ppl, but as far i am concerned, this game is full of QQs, every little thing comes to the forum to start a problem,
    first of all u must be aware that developers r not able to modify things in game, coz they dont have access to the codes made by CN.
    AS A RESULT, THIS KIND OF "ISSUES" r not able to be fixed.

live with what u have not with wishes

Personally, i love everything that comes from pwi, i do know that its not perfect, but at least they r trying.
    and if u r too negative against the game, i am sure we do not force you to stay in.

btw i've got 10m so far.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ...and then this happens. Firstly, you do not know me, nor do you know my cognitive abilities, nor my intellectual level. Thus, you should not presume to know it with immature and foolish comments like this. Furthermore, I did not come on the forums to QQ about the event. I came to discuss an issue that I saw, and to get the perspectives, opinions and viewpoints from fellow players, but I see that point flew right over your head. Quite an accomplishment for me to do with my apparently "LOW" cognitive abilities. Whether I need coin or not is of no concern to you in honesty. However, I will humor your immature little snide remark, and let it be known that I do need coin. There are purchases and upgrades that I wish to make, and that bit of coin would be helpful to me. I've been playing this game for quite a while also, and I do have alternate characters that I play with. Whether this addresses your "concluding statement" or not I cannot ascertain for your grammatical errors and sentence errors make that a feat impossible to do. I will tell you that I've been in the top 99 quite a few times, and other times when I didn't place, I simply took it as a loss. Do not presume to know me, my cleric, my intellectual abilities, my speed, my accomplishments or anything else. (It makes you look foolish.)

I feel compelled to leave you with a word of advice for your offensive statement. Learn basic mannerisms when you talk to a person, and don't act like a immature child. If you have a different opinion then state it, and debate your point. If you feel that I myself am wrong, then say so and support your reasons. However, making negative presumptions of my cognitive abilities is an ill advised and unbecoming act. Or rather, let me put it this way to you... When you step to me STrickeen, you'd better come correct. b:angryb:scornb:scorn

Ignore him. He's a 5k HP sin that QQs on WC and blames squad whenever he dies in instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Try using the items you get. Spam the **** out of your speed skills. Use mounts. Use the illusion stone. It's really doable xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2013
    Options
    Ignore him. He's a 5k HP sin that QQs on WC and blames squad whenever he dies in instances.

Gotcha. Thanks Eoria. b:victory

Thanks for the advice too Xianou. b:thanks

"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Do what you must in this event of "quick as the wind"

You know the wind is about to blow so you put your youngsters in a safe place until you come for them and when the wind is gone then all is good and rich.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oooh... yeah no, I like the mobs, they are the reason I can move fast on a cleric in an instance full of mobs that slow you down. Please leave them in :D
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its easy to do it in 3-5minutes without any abusing, im doing it always alone, you just need to know the way how to do it, and yes if you are Higher lvls its much easyer, no need to clear anything, boss 1 shooted...tped out, and thats all, easy piece of cake, 1m reward every day(would be nice to have more luck like others and get some bigger reward, but i never had luck in this game b:cry)...have to say best event ever, oh and the event multiplys itself, so its not 1 event at time, there is like 2-3 events one after another, you just need to read the sys messeges..., and you can do the xp reward quest twice so its almost 1m xp for me b:victory
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think it's pretty nice that the event gives free teleport stones. At most you're going to use two so you'll have one leftover and you can build up some teleport stones this way. Otherwise, you can use the teleport incense you get to teleport out of the cave if killing the monsters is taking too long for some reason (combat mode so no teleport stone).

The event pretty much covers the "cost" it takes to run it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this 5.5 hp and r9rr has done this event every day, and got like 25M already, so i am better than you STILL
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this 5.5 hp and r9rr has done this event every day, and got like 25M already, so i am better than you STILL

beside the fact that you made 15 mil within 1 day, which is impossible, since when does "luck" decide who is better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Since when did ladies know how to troll b:shocked
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Since when did ladies know how to troll b:shocked

Since Kitty. f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

There is no cheating around. You are just too slow. Three minutes is more than enough to kill the boss of a fb19.

Also, there is no need to forbid people from doing this in a squad. This is because solo or team, both will run straight to the boss, and then kill it. The advantage of doing this in team is that everyone gets a much better chance to get an instance.

Just because other people can do it faster or better than you, doesn't mean that they cheat b:bye
  • zakinja
    zakinja Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    no cheating,eh?
    so makeing server instable coz some ppl log-in 10 acc simultaneously and you can't do it with only 1 char, coz it makes lag like 3k ms is correct, huh?
    don't missunderstand me,...if no lag i can do do all quest from start NPC to end NPC in under 1:30min
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    zakinja wrote: »
    no cheating,eh?
    so makeing server instable coz some ppl log-in 10 acc simultaneously and you can't do it with only 1 char, coz it makes lag like 3k ms is correct, huh?
    don't missunderstand me,...if no lag i can do do all quest from start NPC to end NPC in under 1:30min

If someone make it on 10 chars while you can't finish on one char than I'm sorry, but you must be slow as ****.

Even if someone have 10 computers and 10 screens they still need to move them and tele them one by one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    beside the fact that you made 15 mil within 1 day, which is impossible, since when does "luck" decide who is better?

I must suck, think I got 7 rewards straight of 1m cards. Its cause I only run 3 toons a day trough it I bet, gotta aim for higher <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    About "Quick As The Wind Issues" - just one week to wait and problem solved.

If I have issues with this event, then I not participate in it.
    ... we'll be having back to back events running the whole week. Starting Monday 10/28 until Friday 11/4 we'll be running the popular Auspicious Contest everyday at 11am PDT, 3pm PDT, and 6pm PDT.

Following close behind it will be a brand new event, Quick as the Wind, which awards players based on their speed.
  • zakinja
    zakinja Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    even if you dont partecipate in the event,.. you lag as hell! and good chance to get killed/fail instance/DC
    so its not a problem just related to the partecipants of the event,..but to everybody on the server doing regular stuff (out of merchantizeing .-.)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ^ Stop playing on a toaster.

I actually managed to fail once now. lol Turned our my cleric alt couldn't quite handle all these mobs catching up with his slow bum haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]