Lag spikes and DCs

TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Quality Corner
So i have noticed since the maintenance on the night of 10/22/2013 that took them longer than expected that i have been having huge lag spikes and dc issues in the Raging Tide server....i never have these problems and its not happening to just me im noticing others with the same issue. I have confirmed with my internet company that my net has been running perfect as usual. Has anyone else been noticing the same thing on any other servers or anyone else from the Raging Tide server had the same issues when they normally dont?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mine has become so bad on Lost City that it has rendered me unable to play.
  • ST/RDANCER - Sanctuary8
    ST/RDANCER - Sanctuary8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i've been unable to play all day due to crazy ping as high as 21k ping, i've checked with my fios as well and is better speeds than i pay for. I know i'm not the only person on sanctuary with this problem.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far that is 3 different people from 3 different servers. I know maint. is coming up in a day hopefully that fixes these issues i guess all we can really do is wait till after that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mine has become so bad on Lost City that it has rendered me unable to play.

I'm having the same problem Nudi. But it isn't constant.
    b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    People hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until you bother to provide more information. And seriously, there's a much better chance that the issue is either on your end, or somewhere between you and the servers. Unfortunately, that can't be determined until you give us something to work with.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your antivirus/security software. (Especially with Norton360 or MSE)
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it. (Common with some modems.)
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common withNorton360, ZoneAlarm, and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly. (Or it's just a cheap router that can't handle the traffic you're putting on it.)
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list of possible issues.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone/cable line at the pole and it's raining. (I have personally had this happen.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (Has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (This has happened more than a few times. More often occurs with trunk lines crossing large bodies of water)

That's just a few. Sometimes, the easiest fix is something like shutting down your Modem/Router/PC for three minutes and then bringing them back up. Unfortunately, all you've done is complain about having high latency. You haven't done anything that might lead someone who can help you, to be able to help you resolve the issue you're having.
    The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

At an absolute minimum I would need a copy of a traceroute to the server, and detailed information about how your local network is configured. In some cases, even a published Speccy log.

You don't have to be a tech wiz to provide any of this information either. You just need to be able to click the links I provided and to read and comprehend/follow instructions. I can understand you're frustrated, but sitting and complaining about a connection, without actually ever attempting to fix it, or provide information for those that can help you fix it, it probably one of the stupidest things you can do. If you feel offended by this statement, then you really need to take a closer look at reality.
    Sweetiebot, please show the server status
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My screen keeps freezing up, sometimes can't even see myself using skills or they're really delayed. Sometimes my connection and quality of the game from perfect, suddenly drops to 1 FPS and I can barely move around. Looks like PWI became... moody b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i can have those issues to but it's because for the most part. My net speed likes to bounce all around like a ping pong b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
    edited October 2013
    My screen keeps freezing up, sometimes can't even see myself using skills or they're really delayed. Sometimes my connection and quality of the game from perfect, suddenly drops to 1 FPS and I can barely move around. Looks like PWI became... moody b:chuckle
    What you describe there is a lack of local resources and CPU availability.

Here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denell
    denell Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been having huge lag spikes too, since that maintenance from hell. Internet was running perfect before maintenance and nothing has changed on settings or provider. So it cant be a coincidence that most ppl started having the same problem, with ping going from 30k to 200 and again to 5k only after that maint.It's really frustrating and I hope that next maint will make it a bit better if not fixed.b:surrender
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What you describe there is a lack of local resources and CPU availability.

Here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.

Well, I can assure you that I have adequate resource and cpu, and I saw the long delay in skill use and the mobs not really responding, then mobs sort of "sliding" really fast across the terrain, and so I looked at the "mouse over" on the ping/fps button and OMG 19k ping.

So what the poster described might be what you try to claim it is, but I can assure you it was the server ping causing the skills delay and mobs strange movements.

And my isp is delivering a consistent speed, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't "cpu and resources."

Also while seeing the 19k server ping, i was seeing 60 fps there. Does this mean the "cpu and resources is affecting just the ping while I get awesome fps?

So whether you want to believe it or not Sylen, TZoner is on to something here, so let's just let the folks in charge look at the servers instead of trying to deflect this issue into a "client equipment" issue.

I could also add at least a dozen instances of lag spikes and disconnections from game in just the past week alone, while normally I go months without game server issues.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
    edited October 2013
    Well, I can assure you that I have adequate resource and cpu, and I saw the long delay in skill use and the mobs not really responding, then mobs sort of "sliding" really fast across the terrain, and so I looked at the "mouse over" on the ping/fps button and OMG 19k ping.

So what the poster described might be what you try to claim it is, but I can assure you it was the server ping causing the skills delay and mobs strange movements.

And my isp is delivering a consistent speed, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't "cpu and resources."

Also while seeing the 19k server ping, i was seeing 60 fps there. Does this mean the "cpu and resources is affecting just the ping while I get awesome fps?

So whether you want to believe it or not Sylen, TZoner is on to something here, so let's just let the folks in charge look at the servers instead of trying to deflect this issue into a "client equipment" issue.

I could also add at least a dozen instances of lag spikes and disconnections from game in just the past week alone, while normally I go months without game server issues.
    Okay, a few things here....

1. FPS is on your system and has absolutely nothing to do with the server. That's what Nana_PL described in her post, which is why I quoted her, and responded as I did for that.

2. It doesn't matter how consistent and awesome your Local internet is. There's many routers between your ISP's CO and the server that will cause problems with your data packets.

3. You wouldn't happen to have Norton360 would you? I've seen several people describe what you are and the issue was the Norton Firewall filtering the clients packets.

If it were the server causing that kind of delay, you'd have at least 3 or 4 threads out here with hundreds of people complaining. Since it's just a few of you, it's most likely something else. Now try reading my post again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toolu2
    toolu2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hey unrelated topic... but im not getting any replies from CS. The tickets i made were ignored saying they were duplicates. I will admit after i heard CS was replying to a fellow user and still hadnt replied to me I spammed my ticket out of anger. Anyhoo I found a bug in game and reported it. Problem is the bug deleted some of my gear. I want it back or the AD i spent on it its not a lot maybe $15-30 worth of gear, but its the principle.

On Neverwinter if u attempt to delete the top slotted email in ur inbox and receive a new message before and still press delete on the original prompted delete button for the intended message it will delete the new message instead of the intended.

When I sent my tickets (before I spammed) I was ignored never received replies other than automated. They did reply to a fellow user and stated they could not return deleted items. They ARE NOT deleted items! I feel awful and PWE CS really sucks. I've been to the DMV and had more sympathy and attention.

If your not going to help then you might as well ban me ill be on a ION!!!!!! till PWE removes c-o-c-k from mouth.

thats funny they sensor a ION with dashes but not c-o-c-k scared of ur competition much?
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im also having major lag issues, ping has been 18-27k in arch on Sanctuary. I havent been able to play for 3 days. I have tried PW on 3 computers, my laptop (alienware) and 2 desktops. Im able to do 25 man raids on WOW with no issues what so ever so it can't be the computers but I really wish PWI would fix this since it is really frustrating
    edited October 2013
    Im also having major lag issues, ping has been 18-27k in arch on Sanctuary. I havent been able to play for 3 days. I have tried PW on 3 computers, my laptop (alienware) and 2 desktops. Im able to do 25 man raids on WOW with no issues what so ever so it can't be the computers but I really wish PWI would fix this since it is really frustrating
    Because you can play on WoW with no lag does not mean that the servers are the issue here. I happen to play on Sanctuary, and the only issues I've had was last night when AT&T's regional routers in the NorthEast went down.

You're forgetting entirely about all of the hops between you and the game servers. Just because you have a clean path to WoW, means nothing about your path to PWE. It doesn't magically jump from your ISP to the game server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just meant it isn't as if my computer cant run the game nor is it an actual internet service issue lol sorry I did not explain better I just didnt feel like posting the specs for 3 different computers. I rarely experience any lag on PWI even in arch with my graphics etc on high.
    Im guessing this is the issue
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    but it's very frustrating understandably to not even be able to get a daily done without DCing
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Sweetiebot, please show the server status
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 89ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 89ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 94ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 98ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 107ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 29ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 43ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 116ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451