Wheel of Warfog good enough?

yuhumphrey
yuhumphrey Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Barbarian
Just reforge the weapon, got GOF, accuracy 30% and CRIT 1%, with current three adds is it still worth to turn it into G16 ?

thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Go for the G16's, Zerk is nice but it doesnt make up for missing 40 attack lvls and a higher base Phy Attack.
    No matter what adds you get on second stage nirvana it will always be worth it to upgrade them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Go for the G16's, Zerk is nice but it doesnt make up for missing 40 attack lvls and a higher base Phy Attack.
    No matter what adds you get on second stage nirvana it will always be worth it to upgrade them.

Nothing else to say.

I think the only true exception is with daggers.

I played with this 1 sin in an FWS squad, and he had the T2 daggers with Sac Strike and Double Interval and +10; He was basically an r9 sin with that sort of damage. I've seen a lot of bosses get dropped fast and slow, with or without BMs/Venos, and that guy did extremely well for being T2.

If he had recasted those daggers to T3, I would've been sad that such an epic pair of daggers were lost.

For my own experiences using a T2 Dual Axe with Sac Strike, it was actually a fantastic PvP weapon. I did manage to 1 shot some HA with a lucky zerk-crit. I did roll them into T3 Dual Axes eventually, but didn't get to use them long enough as I got tired of farming gear (no matter how fast I was) and always being behind the ball and outgeared by R9s.

So I rolled R9. f:naughty

Edit: The general consensus you will get is that Attack levels mean more than the ability to zerk, in both PvE and PvP.

....... But not necessarily; there are a ton of X-factors to put into the equation, so trying to illustrate opinions with past experiences is heavily skewed. I for instance would vouch for zerks over attack levels in PvP because I used a zerk axe and I am now end-game'd at R9. [Biased]

Someone else who end-game'd at T3 may say otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    IMO keep those axes /because those stats are truly great/ and use them just for Armageddon in PVP or PVE and make another pair of G16 axes, polaxe, hammers or what not for general use.

I know it's a bit expensive, but still cheaper than r9.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [QUOTE=Lolgasmic - Raging Tide;20034701
    I played with this 1 sin in an FWS squad, and he had the T2 daggers with Sac Strike and Double Interval and +10; He was basically an r9 sin with that sort of damage.

If he had recasted those daggers to T3, I would've been sad that such an epic pair of daggers were lost.

Edit: The general consensus you will get is that Attack levels mean more than the ability to zerk, in both PvE and PvP.

....... But not necessarily; there are a ton of X-factors to put into the equation[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have been much of a loss. The real benefit of those daggers was the double -int so that he could wear more defensive gear. Damagewise G15 daggers have always compared to r9 (but not r9t3). There is a much higher chance of double -int on G16 and the 40 attack levels would outweigh the SS.

The general consensus you will get is this the attack levels means more than the ability to zerk... but not necassarily? In all cases except the 15% chance to zerk the G16s will out dd the G15s. So you're comparing 85% of the time having more damage to 15% of the time having more damage.

SS has a 15% zerk rate, so 15% more damage. G16s have 40 attack levels so for most of us that's about a 30% dph boost on every hit, plus they have a higher base, plus they refine better, plus they get one extra add. Depending on adds and when refined that's roughly 150% damage 100% of the time for G16s, vs 100% damage 85% of the time and 200% 15% of the time.

IMO keep those axes /because those stats are truly great/ and use them just for Armageddon in PVP or PVE and make another pair of G16 axes, polaxe, hammers or what not for general use.

I know it's a bit expensive, but still cheaper than r9.

This. Sometimes a barb needs a zerk to finish a tough pvp opponent and you'll have to resort to the G15s and hope you get lucky. If you're relying more on skill then the G16s and consistant damage will treat you better. Those are great axes for Arma/PvP and if you're not interested in keeping them for that then I'm sure you can find a buyer.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The general consensus you will get is this the attack levels means more than the ability to zerk... but not necassarily? In all cases except the 15% chance to zerk the G16s will out dd the G15s. So you're comparing 85% of the time having more damage to 15% of the time having more damage.

Wasn't even necessary, bra. I already said -

"....... But not necessarily; there are a ton of X-factors to put into the equation, so trying to illustrate opinions with past experiences is heavily skewed. I for instance would vouch for zerks over attack levels in PvP because I used a zerk axe and I am now end-game'd at R9. [Biased]"

Zerks = More likely to kill
    Attack Levels = More Overall Damage, whether you kill them or not is... well it's not my cup of tea

My T2 zerk axes allowed me to 1 shot BMs. T3 Axes won't let a barb do that.

Bottom line for me is I rather have a small shot at a guarenteed kill. And killing is what PvP is about. Not tickling with attack levels.

I can actually give another example, Some archer with a T2 purge bow was getting real lucky and purging off my buffs... well damn. But all the archers running around with T3 bows? They're nothing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010