Prioritising skill upgrades

Options
mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Seeker
I'm lvl81 - not sure which skills to prioritise upgrading (funds meaning I can't upgrade them all).

I have shatter at 10, obviously.

Should I take vortex up to 10 or better to level all the debuffs first?
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    PvE:

Heart Shatter - self explanatory, great boost for both yourself and your squad, cheapest shatter

Adrenal Numbness - this should be maxed asap, it's our oh so amazing self buff that we adore so much~

Unfetter - speed always helps, and it's pretty cheap to max

Northern Sky Waltz - pretty spammable defense level debuff, boosts both you and whole squad quite well

Soulsever Minuet - I'd leave this until the others are maxed

Soul Shatter - this one depends on preferences a Lot, and on how you do your dungeons (squad setup, if solo or not, etc)

Those are the buffs/debuffs. Now it depends on how much you prefer supporting a squad or how much you lean towards solo-ing more, whether you want to do some damage or boost others along with yourself with your debuffs. For damage:

Blade and Sword mastery - This one should be maxed either way. It's our damage passive and thus boosts the overall attack damage quite a bit

Yataghan Vortex - Pretty obvious if you're going to do FC; more damage = more BP heals and also = faster mob killing which equals faster runs (if you really want to feel like an awesome seeker and Vortex bosses, debuff them first at least xD)

Blade Affinity - Channelling speed, will be relied upon quite often when doing pulls as otherwise vortex gets interrupted nearly every time

Depending on your style now you can choose to either level single target skills or AoE skills. Those are pretty much preference based, though you want them all maxed in the end obviously. I would highly suggest working on leveling Heartseeker though, it's a lovely skill :).

PvP (I don't know if you PvP at all, but I'll throw some of that here just incase):

Adrenal Numbness and Blade/Sword mastery: As explained above

Quid pro Quo: You will find yourself relying on this skill a LOT. While it has amazing uses in PvE, those don't really come by during the FC levels and only show up later on at endgame. However, in PvP, Quid is the skill that basically allows us to use another classes debuffs to our advantage. Leveling it decreases the cooldown, quite a big difference from level 1 to 10, and even more so from 10 to 11.

Heartseeker: One of the few CC skills we have, also to be relied a Lot on in PvP though beware of using it with a stance on as it nerfs the proc rate quite a bit.

Blade Affinity: Speed, once again. Sometimes you have to combo people, and you might have to do it Fast- that's where this skill comes in.

Ion spike: Metal debuff, also AoE. Comes in handy when setting up heavy-killing combos with Battousai and Heartseeker aswell as Edged Blur.

I tend to lean towards support and debuffs in both PvE and PvP, so I'm aware some people might give you a different opinion but unless you plan on going solo all the way to 100, supporting a whole squad generally makes things go a lot better than only focusing on your own damage.

I've listed what I consider the most important skills above, but that doesn't mean you should leave all your damaging skills at level 1 either. As I mentioned, I don't know if you PvP or not, but I popped some suggestions there just incase.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    TY

Most of your recommendations as high as they go - I'll level minuet a bit.