Why so serious?

Options
Untamed_pain - Archosaur
Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Seems lately ive seen on Arch server alot of people taking this game way to serious. Like ive seen people get mad over pk to tonight had someone yelling 'f ing noobs' to all of a nation and another who thinks he is gods gift to pwi lol. He isn't but the question is...

Why do people take this so serious especially NW. I am all about having fun with friends and kicking some butt.

It don't need to go into the Arch section cause i know all servers have those types of people.
untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
and loads of other alts...
Post edited by Untamed_pain - Archosaur on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Because this game has more than its fair share of tantrum throwing, moronic, pseudo-holier than thou, parental basement dwelling idiots.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    People take the game and PK too serious because:

*Their real life sucks
    *They maxed out 20 credit cards on the game
    *They're young/immature
    *They haven't learned social skills to communicate in a normal manner
    *They're narcissistic in general
    *They forget or can't get there are people behind players

And the list could go on.

If they get too serious in harassment (Beyond QQing) you could blacklist them or submit a ticket (if it gets extreme)

But for the most part it works to just say something funny back or I usually send hearts depending on my mood.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Agreed, its one thing ive never understood and this is apparent in all of competitive gaming; One person on the team talking trash and saying that their team was "nooby" honestly, you are on the team too so go down with your ship. Another is when person A is killed by person B, person A will call person B a "noob", I never got that because they are the one that killed you, and the connotation of "noob" is someone new or of lesser skill but they killed you, and I just don't get that.

Some people really do just need to chill, its a game.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Its just natural human nature of being competitive.Yes its a game and its competition.

Fact of people that aren't serious and not competitive:

1.They have crappy gear.
    2.They play for "fun".(who likes fun when you know your there to be a one hit wonder)
    3.They have semi ok gear but just don't know wth to do because they are beating on
    mindless PvE mobs everyday and not actual PvP.
    4.Respawn and stay in the one spot to get owned again.
    5.Have crappy computers that load slow for when they respawn they are dead again
    before they even know what hit them.

the list goes on and on.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If you dropped hundreds to thousands of dollars on this game to win and still got wrecked you'd be pissed off too.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    During NW (and TW actually) I completely ignore the chat screen. People can QQ in nation chat all they want idc. My focus is on the fight and on vent.

From what I have seen, it's mostly usual wc trolls seeking more attention/or sometimes a few frustrated players attempting to rally the nation and assume a leadership role - wasting your time, no one GsAF. Most people that arent geared well enough for anything other than FC heads have probably stopped going.

I mean going through 2 hours of getting repetitively one shot ohmadayz facerolled can hardly be any fun.

Also if you run without a squad dont assume people are magically going to work with you, even if thats in their interest. You may be stuck in instances with gormless idiots, deal with it.

Less QQ more pew pew, be the change you want to see. Dont tell others what to do.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Its just natural human nature of being competitive.Yes its a game and its competition.

Fact of people that aren't serious and not competitive:

1.They have crappy gear.
    2.They play for "fun".(who likes fun when you know your there to be a one hit wonder)
    3.They have semi ok gear but just don't know wth to do because they are beating on
    mindless PvE mobs everyday and not actual PvP.
    4.Respawn and stay in the one spot to get owned again.
    5.Have crappy computers that load slow for when they respawn they are dead again
    before they even know what hit them.

the list goes on and on.

Wow, now this is idiotic. Game IS for fun, and you can have fun in multiple ways, its not all about some PvP. And know LOTS of players who have very good gears and do not take this game seriously, as there is nothing so serious about PWI. And those other stuff you mentioned, just don't have logic at all.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seems lately ive seen on Arch server alot of people taking this game way to serious. Like ive seen people get mad over pk to tonight had someone yelling 'f ing noobs' to all of a nation and another who thinks he is gods gift to pwi lol. He isn't but the question is...

Why do people take this so serious especially NW. I am all about having fun with friends and kicking some butt.

It don't need to go into the Arch section cause i know all servers have those types of people.

+1

Thank you. I think too many people's self-worth is wrapped up in being perceived as an awesome gamer. Complaining excuses their own failures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    After ALOT of nws and countless kills I got only pm'ed once by someone who told me that I'm a noob - because I'm using a charm.

Something else does surprise me way more: when someone does pm me and is proud that he's are able to kill me. Happened just about ~15-20x since nw exists... Almost all of them are R999/+11/+12 seekers which are BUILD to kill barbs. They just have to faceroll to win vs me.

Something else does surprise me too: there are still many characters with crappy gear around in nw. I can enter some battlefields and just faceroll 10 others, just with auto-attack or sunder (when they gathered too close). And I'm playing just a barb. I'm sure they feel bad. And I don't feel good too. I'm just doing it because it's a farming instance and I need the kills for coins. I hope they get also some supply tokens, but I doubt it. Today I made about 20m coins with NW, that's a nice income for 2h (I was in winning nation, my cleric got nothing again and was in same battles like my barb).

This game has alot of stuff which only exists just to generate aggressivity. This is intended, it's a trap like sex sites which want you to buy content. People which turned their brains off, charge alot of money. More than they want and more than they can afford. This game/company is a mixture between the business cultures of China and the USA. Don't expect something else. There is no pride behind the product. (You can only feel the spirit and high motivation of the original devs. I bet most of them were underpaid. But that's a completely different story. The management/business culture of both nations is malicious).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    When I get too much into the game, whether that is PvP or PvE, I'll get agressive too at times but I never really resort to such things as cussing others or just be all around rude.
    At most I will give off the vibe of "better leave me alone now, talk to me later". I'm usually a calm person but there are certain things that will frustrate me and drive me nuts. I won't get to the extreme though...unless for some reason something really drives me mad or I had a terrible day.

On one hand I can understand people, they get mad or frustrated and they have different ways of expressing their thoughts and pent up emotions but you should be able to draw the line and realise that's silly or it's time to take a deep breath and calm down etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

The playerbase today is about 20% of what it used to be back in 2011~ (or back when they launched the tideborns)

These 20% are only the MOST addicted, they're sick. Don't mind them.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think of the people yelling in WC during NW/PvP/TW, being similar to idiots yelling at some mindless sports game on television. I'm sure if you yell loud enough at the TV, the team just might hear you.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thats an everyday normal thing on RT
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh ive been mad but kept to myself or log off the game before i say stuff i will regret later on and sometimes that means going to another server to play on alts lol.

But i mean name calling is like a 5 yr old thing and thinking they are better then everyone else is just LOL i know people WAY better then both of them and both are rrr9. But ill leave it at that.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's on all servers, I have a guy that pmed me for 15-20 minutes **** all in caps lock after I killed him in NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute