New Item -Identity Stone- Question

$hadow$in - Archosaur
$hadow$in - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Pwi have introduced the new item *Identity Stone*

Is it possible to now have my banned character unbanned and be able to change the characters name so i can continue to play My wonderful Level 80 Psychic, As a few years back i was sadly banned for an offensive name without realising it would be offensive to other players and was unable to change it at the time.

Looking forward for your reply
Thankyou for your time

~Pixel
Post edited by $hadow$in - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pwi have introduced the new item *Identity Stone*

Is it possible to now have my banned character unbanned and be able to change the characters name so i can continue to play My wonderful Level 80 Psychic, As a few years back i was sadly banned for an offensive name without realising it would be offensive to other players and was unable to change it at the time.

Looking forward for your reply
    Thankyou for your time

~Pixel

lol Why would they unban a toon, just because you say you'll change the name. Changing the name, doesn't change the person playing the toon. your still the same person behind the mask.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol Why would they unban a toon, just because you say you'll change the name. Changing the name, doesn't change the person playing the toon. your still the same person behind the mask.

He was banned for the offensive name, not the way he is.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    It's been my experience that they will usually force a name change in these cases. Wonder why that didn't happen here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My bad. In that case, I don't see why not. If the name was offensive and bannable, it shouldn't have been able to be used in the first place. It should have blocked from the get go. If the system allowed the name straight away, then I don't see a reason for it being banned. I would have just done a 7 day ban, then asked to change the name, and if you had refused, then permaban.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Depends which Gm you get some of them "shoot 1st and ask for questions later" I was permanently banned also for my "offensive" weapon signature, after I said I will change it, they unbanned me.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Or... you could submit a ticket.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013

For $39, they'll unban
    xD
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • $hadow$in - Archosaur
    edited October 2013
    I have submitted a ticket and waiting on a reply which i understand could take a while.
    I would pay for the stone if my character was unbanned, although i have seen a gigantic amount of people with much worse and offensive names than DemonicBtch - Lvl 80 Psy <3
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have submitted a ticket and waiting on a reply which i understand could take a while.
    I would pay for the stone if my character was unbanned, although i have seen a gigantic amount of people with much worse and offensive names than DemonicBtch - Lvl 80 Psy <3

Wow I saw worse than that for sure. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, there are people around which are willing to buy a level 80 mage for 39$...

If we will get the account-selling option (like on cn servers), I'll make you one for half price - with any name you want xD

I even don't understand the folk which does change their cultivation (sage <--> demon). Imo it would only make sense if R9/R999 would be tradable by account stash (then you could safe money/time). Repeating complete culti 89-100 + 10 gold for Celestial Schism Mold would be too painful to me. Just making a new character is so much faster (and keeping the old one for BH100s).
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, there are people around which are willing to buy a level 80 mage for 39$...

If we will get the account-selling option (like on cn servers), I'll make you one for half price - with any name you want xD

I even don't understand the folk which does change their cultivation (sage <--> demon). Imo it would only make sense if R9/R999 would be tradable by account stash (then you could safe money/time). Repeating complete culti 89-100 + 10 gold for Celestial Schism Mold would be too painful to me. Just making a new character is so much faster (and keeping the old one for BH100s).
    Uh, what? You are way wrong. I've changed culti on 4 characters. When you change cultis you don't have to do all the 89+ culti again. If you're celestial sage, you become celestial demon, and vice versa. You only have to do culti once. The only thing you lose is level 11 skills which become level 10, so you have to pay to get the other culti's lvl 11 books, as well as pay for the schism and possibly mirages (if you burn through them as fast as I do). So no, making a whole new character, doing their entire culti, leveling them to endgame, and paying coin for all their skills well before you get to 89+ culti is NOT worth it, regardless of gear.

Given how badly misinformed you are about culti, it's no surprise you would think someone should make another toon instead of change their name.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Uh, what? You are way wrong. I've changed culti on 4 characters. When you change cultis you don't have to do all the 89+ culti again. If you're celestial sage, you become celestial demon, and vice versa. You only have to do culti once. The only thing you lose is level 11 skills which become level 10, so you have to pay to get the other culti's lvl 11 books, as well as pay for the schism and possibly mirages (if you burn through them as fast as I do). So no, making a whole new character, doing their entire culti, leveling them to endgame, and paying coin for all their skills well before you get to 89+ culti is NOT worth it, regardless of gear.

Given how badly misinformed you are about culti, it's no surprise you would think someone should make another toon instead of change their name.

Oh really? People which were changing their culti always told me that they have to completely repeat it. And I never said that changing name doesn't make sense. For a nice geared/ full skilled lvl 100+ toon it can be a nice option. OP is talking about a lvl 80 mage... that's a cheapy in general. Just forget this character, make a new account and forget the troubles and time you will spent with submitting tickets.

Btw, that you changed culti FOUR times made me lol, ty :D
    You was bad informed about cultis, hm?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh really? People which were changing their culti always told me that they have to completely repeat it. And I never said that changing name doesn't make sense. For a nice geared/ full skilled lvl 100+ toon it can be a nice option. OP is talking about a lvl 80 mage... that's a cheapy in general. Just forget this character, make a new account and forget the troubles and time you will spent with submitting tickets.

Btw, that you changed culti FOUR times made me lol, ty :D
    You was bad informed about cultis, hm?
    It wouldn't surprise me if you made another terrible assumption akin to your last post and assumed I changed culti 4 times on a cleric I've not played since 2010/2011.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    @OP
    trust me, I'm someone who's actually playing the game - I'm not just a forum nab/troll.

Just make a new mage. Lvl 80 isn't a challenge, you will reach it within 1-2 weeks.
    With JoJ quests you will get enough coins to lvl up your skills.

I just made a new lvl 19 just for JoJ (while waiting 3x in ws on other toons till timer is done). You will get so many exp pots at NPCs nowadays that you can skip most levels. Level 80 is a joke. It's like a lvl 20 character 5 years ago.
  • Ramil - Sanctuary
    Ramil - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi.I just want to ask why did u make the identity stone sooooo expensive.Why you guys didn't make it like 20-25mil?And when is the charms gonna be on sale?
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Hi.I just want to ask why did u make the identity stone sooooo expensive.Why you guys didn't make it like 20-25mil?And when is the charms gonna be on sale?

I'm sure most of community are even glad that it's expensive. Scammers won't use it cause of this price. And reason for pwe is easy, they know that community is willing to pay this price = it's profit for them. Imo price is not THAT high for something you buy only once.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013

if it was 20-25mil people would change their name as a joke regularly

charm sales...sales arent announced ahead of time...EVER, they just had a free charm promotion sale bonus thingy this weekend.. so a sale is less likely

also..DQ points...seriously
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was always curious to know is people that got ban for something that was a violation of the TOS that got allowed after could get unban.

But as someone said 80m for a lvl80 char is not worth it, you can lvl a char lvl80 in prolly 2 weeks for free now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • $hadow$in - Archosaur
    edited October 2013
    My psychic is on the same account as my lvl 100 G16 Cleric and a 101 G15 5 aps Sin,
    My Psy was the first character i played and learned pwi and tbh id like to finish it without having to do all the power lvling at FC and Zhen with a high chance of scammers or people who like to pull shredder - then its just stressful, which if you cant duel client isn't free as much as you think, also for gear not too hard with account stash and a sin and cleric,

@ Tetream - Lost City : It's got nothing to do with cultys, i actually like doing them, ijs. also with having 2 lvl 100 toons its easy to farm bh for the coin to buy gold for the stone so really no Real life money can be used.

@ Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands : When i was banned, i submitted a ticket and was unbanned for 24hours to transfer all my gold, items and coin over to another toon. If they are able to unban to let me transfer they can do the same so i can change my name once its changed i therefore no longer violate TOS :D
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For $39, they'll unban
    xD

Compared to some of the money spent on characters, $39 is a small price to pay--should it be true that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • $hadow$in - Archosaur
    edited October 2013
    Id like to give a big thanks to PWI support team for answering my ticket and responding with a fantastic answer to my question, i will be getting my character unbanned to be able to change my name.

this thread is now closed
    Thankyou to all who took an interest .

~ Pixelated / $hadow$in