PWI on Mac?

XDarkxDemonx - Harshlands
XDarkxDemonx - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
I know, I know, several people have talked about PWI being on mac and how it is a good idea and a bad idea. But I would really enjoy on my mac, and I would play more often on my mac as well. I'm going to have to use a really slow, old windows computer just to play this game which I really enjoy, but I haven't been able to play in three years. I just wish there was a way to get it on mac. I've tried everything, crossover and such. It just doesn't work for me. I hope that one day the creators decide to make the game on Mac, but if not, I'll alway find another way to play it I guess.
Post edited by XDarkxDemonx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sasumera - Dreamweaver
    Sasumera - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have options: (there's probably more but those are the ones I'm aware of)

-Wineskin
    -Bootcamp
    -Virtual Machine

Personally, I use a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion 6.0) and I run a Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Works like a charm. I used to have problems finding a good Windows copy that doesn't give me lag from hell but this one's finally it. You can torrent them, it's pretty great.

Wineskin may give you some troubles because it gets a bit techy and the problems that arise are just too much to deal with sometimes but I haven't used Wineskin in a long time so maybe there is some advancement there.

I expect bootcamp to be great as well but I've never tried it before, so maybe someone else can fill ya on that. :)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use VM for casual dailys and Bootcamp for more demanding TW/NW type stuff. VMware and Parallels can both boot bootcamp as a virtual machine while still in OSX. Wine has some annoying issues and isn't 100% functional (at least for me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sasumera - Dreamweaver
    Sasumera - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I use VM for casual dailys and Bootcamp for more demanding TW/NW type stuff. VMware and Parallels can both boot bootcamp as a virtual machine while still in OSX. Wine has some annoying issues and isn't 100% functional (at least for me).

I've always wanted to try bootcamp but something always goes wrong for me when I'm in the installation process for some reason. xD
  • XDarkxDemonx - Harshlands
    XDarkxDemonx - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have options: (there's probably more but those are the ones I'm aware of)

-Wineskin
    -Bootcamp
    -Virtual Machine

Personally, I use a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion 6.0) and I run a Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Works like a charm. I used to have problems finding a good Windows copy that doesn't give me lag from hell but this one's finally it. You can torrent them, it's pretty great.

Wineskin may give you some troubles because it gets a bit techy and the problems that arise are just too much to deal with sometimes but I haven't used Wineskin in a long time so maybe there is some advancement there.

I expect bootcamp to be great as well but I've never tried it before, so maybe someone else can fill ya on that. :)

I'm gonna try the virtual machine that you suggested and i'm gonna try installing bootcamp, but as of right now its really not working out but your suggestions were very helpful, thank you :)
  • Pweayvenfo - Raging Tide
    Pweayvenfo - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:laugh
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if pwi was smart they would look into general statistics and find that people who buy macs tend to spend MUCH LARGER amounts of money on this like pwi. Saying that, and also the fact that many people don't play this game because they don't have a pc and don't have to bootcamp, that pwi should make a mac version of this game to make this game more accessible.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • cmailitsme
    cmailitsme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mac plz b:victory
    Bros.