If you were an NPC...

Options
bobyjoee
bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
What quests would you give? What items would you sell? Services would you offer? Dialogue you would speak?

I would offer to exchange MoGs for rhino horns b:chuckle
And then proceed to ask the player how much they have been drinking tonight b:surrender
Post edited by bobyjoee on

Comments

• Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bobyjoee wrote: »

Wouldn't be a good deal for the NPC. Fact: rhino horns don't work. If they would really work as intended (by traditional chinese medicine) all male chinese would already look like elephants (trunks not in their faces ofc).

Btw, fact 2: if rhino horns would work, no one would charge gold to get R9 mats + full +12/JoSD anymore.
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I would be a mysterious NPC that's really hard to track down, you'd have to question other NPCs and follow clues, a bit like the new title chain but not so complicated. Then if you finally catch me I'd give you 3 wishes, but only if you don't have r9 or +12 gear b:chuckle You could then wish for said gear, or other material goods. I'd break the whole game by being kind b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    What quests would you give? What items would you sell? Services would you offer? Dialogue you would speak?

And then proceed to ask the player how much they have been drinking tonight b:surrender

If I was an NPC id give a quest to trade 100k coins for 100 DQ points b:avoid

Oh wait, that NPC already exists b:bye
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If I were an NPC, I would be a secretly evil one who one-shots with AoE all the mount riders sitting on top of him b:quiet b:avoid
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I want to see what other npcs people would be >_>
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    My NPC's name would be Ping Pong and his message would be "Many great fortune for brave warrior there is for be finding! Pay 500,000 coin for obtaining quest."
    After paying the 500k the player will then be told to go to a place on the map that does not excist and then when player tries to Trash the quest, their client will crash.
    gg
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would be a flying NPC, up around 78 or so, near Plume.

I would give EPs and EAs a special armor buff for an hour.

It would be glowing green magic knee armor that would +50k pdef.

Player would click on me and I would say,

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee"

Then player would say,

"Y U NO get better knee armor"

And I would give them magic knee armor so they wouldn't take an arrow to the knee.

The end. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd be an NPC that gives out and is involved in a great chain-quest with a good story and nice rewards, much like the goshiki one :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If I was to create an NPC I would sure create...

An NPC within nation war who provides Mail, Bank services, Sells arrows, NPC HP/MP pots and repairs your gears.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    My NPC's name would be Ping Pong and his message would be "Many great fortune for brave warrior there is for be finding! Pay 500,000 coin for obtaining quest."
    After paying the 500k the player will then be told to go to a place on the map that does not excist and then when player tries to Trash the quest, their client will crash.
    gg

Best reply. That gave me a good laugh.

I'd be an NPC that helped to recover accidentally NPCed items. It can be a very frustrating thing to lose stuff that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd provide a Weekly Quest called "5 Impossible Requests"

Each request completed will grant you an Ecstasy Card (with a chance at an Excitement Card) but it will rarely be the same request or objective every time. You can fail a quest and move to the next, but you won't get 5 quests again till next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Each request completed will grant you an Ecstasy Card (with a chance at an Excitement Card) but it will rarely be the same request or objective every time. You can fail a quest and move to the next, but you won't get 5 quests again till next week.

That's a pretty interesting idea o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

And a month later gold would be at 4m+ b:laugh
    We all like coins. But coin inflation causes high gold price.
    At least 10m coins more per week and character would be too much.
    It would more than double the coin generation per charcter.
    No good idea, sry.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    And a month later gold would be at 4m+ b:laugh
    We all like coins. But coin inflation causes high gold price.
    At least 10m coins more per week and character would be too much.
    It would more than double the coin generation per charcter.
    No good idea, sry.

Let's refine that idea a bit, then.
    It can only be taken once a week per account and only one Impossible Request can be taken per day. If you've failed one, you can't take another of the remaining 4 till tomorrow.
    The odds of an Excitement Card as a reward is 1%.

Its not going to be something as easily accomplished as BH100 either, so don't think one can walk their alts through it.

NPC "I'm looking for a legendary treasure to enhance my magic abilities, but I can't be bothered to search for it. If you can fetch this item for me, I'll reward you handsomely. "

*Click Okay to continue*
    Example 1
    "The treasure I'm looking for is the Salamander Jewel. A legendary creature within the depths of the Deserted Sea is said to have it. Bring it to me within 45 minutes. Good luck..."
    Note: The target who has the item drop is Yelling to the Sky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would be an NPC named Snuffy, and wander around the gate at west archosaur. My dialogue would be:

Name's Snuffy, the janitor.
    > What do you clean around here?

All the sh*t talk outside the gate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would probably give away free kittens and send people to kill 50 mobs somewhere across the map (in a single quest, 3 different kinds of mobs, 50 each, need to hand in before getting the next ones) for like a crappy charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Melekhiel - Sanctuary
    Melekhiel - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would probably give away free kittens and send people to kill 50 mobs somewhere across the map (in a single quest, 3 different kinds of mobs, 50 each, need to hand in before getting the next ones) for like a crappy charm.

You'd be popular despite the 50/50/50 if you gave free kittens b:chuckle Lucid Silver and Gold envoys are, after all, though they often give only free piggies from their chests! b:laugh