New people

Options
bobyjoee
bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Lately there have been many threads on how to fix the game, make it better and keep it interesting for the people currently playing it. And what I think all this boils down to is the need for new players, a wave of new people to enter the game. Dwindling populations, higher prices, empty areas, lack luster tw, not many factions left that cater to the lower levels. Just points out some things need to change.

You can see that pwe tries to help the lower levels a lot and tries to keep the playing, with the dream chaser packs, perfect quest master, jolly old jones, fruit thrown at you like candy, all things to help them reach end game but there aren't any new players to impress with this stuff.
Post edited by bobyjoee on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Game's too old to really attract any new people if you want to be really honest. Well, that combined with no advertisement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Game's too old to really attract any new people if you want to be really honest. Well, that combined with no advertisement.

Not really...
    The game gets plenty of new players- the issue is how to keep new players in the game. Dreamchaser packs are nice, but mid-game needs more content.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not really...
    The game gets plenty of new players- the issue is how to keep new players in the game. Dreamchaser packs are nice, but mid-game needs more content.

Correction, mid-game needs more players. There's craploads of content. The problem is that you're out there solo if you're actually playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm just gonna throw this out there... we need to quit with the Dreamchaser packs. New players already have enough free junk and OP lowgame gear clogging up their inventories and making everything into easy mode. Hell, they get a new free charm every day until 60 - can you say, "charm addiction?"

But then, considering how most genuine newbies won't even notice the Dreamchaser codes, the pack is really more of a "hey we're gonna give your alts a bunch of **** so you'll maybe possibly think about playing the lowgame for five minutes at some point" kind of deal. Typical wanmei, really... got a problem, just throw OP gear at it. XD

Either way, the Dreamchasers need to not come back, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Correction, mid-game needs more players. There's craploads of content. The problem is that you're out there solo if you're actually playing.

Name 5 things players from lvl 30 to 60 can do beside quests. Be realistic, some events have low lv entry requirements though most actual new players don'do cube runs until lvl80.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    basicly do quests till uyour lvl25-30 and then give the new players 3-5 mill so than can buy fc to power lvl, problem solved. when i make a new toon i just power lvl it cos no one wants to quest, i usualy wind up duel clienting just to get my fb 29-59 done then i have to get out my mystic, tank, sin to do 69...just becomes a pain
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Name 5 things players from lvl 30 to 60 can do beside quests. Be realistic, some events have low lv entry requirements though most actual new players don'do cube runs until lvl80.

Cube is realistic, I first completed at 40 on my cleric using gear far less than what they have now.

Seasonal Event

PV if seeker or Bm, possibly barb haven't tried yet. Would be hard for LA/AA

Tiger Event if they have a mount, which they would with the dreamchaser pack

Nation Wars at 60

If there were people to do stuff with

Alpha-Gamma

BH with people at level

Take on quest bosses on the world map, those can be hard but fun with at level squads

PV as a squad on any class

Duel, who you gonna do that with if there is nobody around?

Then OFC PWI sometimes puts out events for everyone like the swowmen, assault, etc

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Cube is realistic, I first completed at 40 on my cleric using gear far less than what they have now.

Seasonal Event

PV if seeker or Bm, possibly barb haven't tried yet. Would be hard for LA/AA

Tiger Event if they have a mount, which they would with the dreamchaser pack

Nation Wars at 60

If there were people to do stuff with

Alpha-Gamma

BH with people at level

Take on quest bosses on the world map, those can be hard but fun with at level squads

PV as a squad on any class

Duel, who you gonna do that with if there is nobody around?

Then OFC PWI sometimes puts out events for everyone like the swowmen, assault, etc
    Pretty much exactly how I would have answered.

Did you know, people actually like to do the other rebirth instances?
    A group of us got together and leveled toons together for the singular purpose of doing just this. Come to find out, other people like to do it too! Imagine my amazement when we were short a person because of RL issues, and it took only a couple (read two) telecoustics to fill the spot. Not only that, but now we have other new friends we do these runs with.

PV is easy to do with only two or three characters at level.

What I wonder is; where the hell have you people been that you don't see the massive amount of content?

And don't forget, all those boring quests.... Yeah, well you have a significantly reduced amount of mobs for the quests, a 100% drop rate on quest items, and not only are there a lot more quests with a greater variety and more interesting story-lines, but the all give more exp/spirit/coin than they ever did before!

Some people need to seriously pull their heads out of their ***** and start taking a look around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    For a free-2-play game PWI really does compete with some of the more popular purchase MMORPGs. Years ago it was much more competitive but with a little more advertising it could still pull in and keep a fair amount of new players.

The issue as I see it is the gap between new players and 5+ year players. Especially on pvp servers where once they hit level 30 people are "fair game." New players will feel either vastly, insanely outgeared or feel like they need to catch up immediately to have any fun, ie rushing to 100.

I really don't have a solution to this. We need populated lower/mid levels and the only way to do this is to:
    a. draw in new players and
    b. keep them from immediately rushing to 100 and abandoning low level content.

As nice as some of the new packs for low levels are, they do encourage faster leveling and that's not what an rpg is about. It's turning your pissant of a low level into a beast and building building building. There is no feeling of success if that's too easy, but there is no feeling of success if its hard and everyone else is still ahead of you. Unfortunately, turn off the faster and easier leveling and 90% of the server will still be level 100 and ahead of you. Keep on the fast and easy leveling and new players will continue to abandon the new areas in a few days and head for the rigmarole of the 100+.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory