Battle chat

Purple_fury - Sanctuary
Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Nation Wars
its been getting sort of annoying that people in battles ignore battle chat so i was hoping that pw would take battle chat from the normal chat window and place it in the horn chat window so it couldnt be blocked (would only work in battles and could only be seen by players on the same nation of course) b:surrender

so many times in battles if i would call for support in a location (its the worst in flag battles) no one comes mostly because they are in squad or faction chat which would force me to pm nearby players and that is real annoying b:irritated

this might be impossible but the lack of real communication in battle is one of the things i hate most about NW (other than alt afkers.. hate them b:angry )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Purple_fury - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hate to say it, but people would be even LESS likely to help anyone using horns or a battle chat that works like horns do, just out of how extremely aggravating horns are to begin with. It is not that people do not see such calls for help in nation or battle chats, it is usually due to the fact that people are already busy elsewhere, have their own strategy they are working according to, or just do not care... that is why most times those calls for help go unheeded. Add to these things the fact that horns "hiccup" anything you are doing at that time and throw you off a bit, some being able to recover from a horn faster than others... Horns are very hated, even by me... it is the same reason people hate those card / lottery quests that are broken so much. I think I can speak for many on this suggestion when I say, "no, this is not a good idea."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually I think battle and nation chat can't be turned off, it shows up no matter what channel you are in. Most likely it's just people choosing to ignore it rather than them having it turned off.

Instead of a horn like thing, maybe a different color for battle chat would be better. Too often battle chat gets lost in the endless scroll of the system announcing which lands are be attacked. For me, when I use battle chat I'll often throw a smiley in just to make it stand out and more visible.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hate to say it, but people would be even LESS likely to help anyone using horns or a battle chat that works like horns do, just out of how extremely aggravating horns are to begin with. It is not that people do not see such calls for help in nation or battle chats, it is usually due to the fact that people are already busy elsewhere, have their own strategy they are working according to, or just do not care... that is why most times those calls for help go unheeded. Add to these things the fact that horns "hiccup" anything you are doing at that time and throw you off a bit, some being able to recover from a horn faster than others... Horns are very hated, even by me... it is the same reason people hate those card / lottery quests that are broken so much. I think I can speak for many on this suggestion when I say, "no, this is not a good idea."

what i meant was like horns it would be seen in all chats (not WC/nation chat just in the current battle) not that the annoying popup window. sorry i forgot to say that b:chuckle i hate that popup window as much as anyone else lol

and from my experience in NW its not that people are to busy since when i start pming people in the battle they usually come running, its the fact the almost no one is switched to battle chat.. hell even i dont like leaving battle chat open since i have to see all the WCing going on during NW but i still leave battle chat open >.<

and as Fae_Harpy has suggested give battle chat a special color so its easy to recognize
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the larger maps, and slight loss of interest in NW(that's what it seems like, anyway.), more lands have to be covered by less people. Nation and Battle chats should as suggested above, should be in different colours to stand out from the reports x.x
    What I find most the time is that I'm just fighting a lost battle, simply to stall the 5-6 people who want to stay until more people can finish their battles and spill into my battle. f:weep
    From me, it's a no to horn-like battle chats. It'll just irritate.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • caster01
    caster01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually I think battle and nation chat can't be turned off, it shows up no matter what channel you are in. Most likely it's just people choosing to ignore it rather than them having it turned off.

Instead of a horn like thing, maybe a different color for battle chat would be better. Too often battle chat gets lost in the endless scroll of the system announcing which lands are be attacked. For me, when I use battle chat I'll often throw a smiley in just to make it stand out and more visible.

My opinion the horns should be turned off when in a battle mode such as Nation Wars, Territory Wars etc. It's annoying to see that come up when your in a battle and someone just uses a horn to say "Johhny loves Susie"and spams it across the screen. There is really no need for any kind of chat in these games anyway except battle chat. Horns are annoying and not used correctly anyway in any area all I usually with horns is just garbage chat. I say just get rid of it.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    caster01 wrote: »

My opinion the horns should be turned off when in a battle mode such as Nation Wars, Territory Wars etc. It's annoying to see that come up when your in a battle and someone just uses a horn to say "Johhny loves Susie"and spams it across the screen. There is really no need for any kind of chat in these games anyway except battle chat. Horns are annoying and not used correctly anyway in any area all I usually with horns is just garbage chat. I say just get rid of it.
    This looks like a NECRO!

caster01 replied to a message that was 6 months 18 days 5 hours 2 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• mazrim87
    mazrim87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    in b4 it closes, but best choice is join a squad who uses raid or someother live chat program like skype or vent even.b:victory