Why Nerfing Tidal is Stupid.

12345679»

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't get why this is even an issue. Honestly sins aren't even close to the most feared class in NW/TW, and are only above average in 1v1's in terms of killing power...I'll admit a good, geared sin is almost impossible to kill though.

But take away their relative CC immunity, and they become even squishier than archers, while also needing to be in melee range to do anything effective in mass pvp. Archers also have the ability to get up to 20 seconds of CC immunity, and then another 12 seconds after their WoG comes up again, yet it's not even OP on them due to their design. LA classes just naturally have a lot of slipperiness in return for squishiness.

Take away Jones blessings, and LA classes lose a lot of their bite. They depend on offense to be viable, and adding +30 attack levels is something China does not care about nor balance around. The massive amount of dex added by "North American" R9rr also skews a lot of skill effects (in particular, at least for mystics, it makes their absorb soul incredibly strong, while making Thicket useless in comparison). Did the devs really intend for LA classes to reach 60%+ crit rates? What happens once they reach 100% in future expansions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wut is condensed thron

wut is anti-stun

wut is will surge

wut is ig

Nevermind the fact that if a psy is sitting in white voodoo, they don't do jack**** for damage.

The fact you have to anti stun, IG, or will surge to even attack a psy is troubling enough. I dont know a single other class I have to do that with. There's little counterplay for their self buffs, so they have little to complain about imo.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mostly right Zsw, however consider the following points.

In group fights, its not simply that an assassin is not worth targetting because of their limited effectiveness; it is also because they are simply too hard to kill. Many classes rely on debuffs to kill their targets. But since that is impractical against a sin, you need raw damage to kill them, and that means, you pretty much need to gank them (either for a status debuff to finally stick, or for enough raw damage before charm ticks).

And to say that a sin can't be effective in group pvp isn't entirely true either, I've discovered. An assassin is perfect for nullifying a single enemy opponent in small group situations (eg, pitting an assassin vs me is a good matchup for the assassin in group situation; since I'm responsible for keeping my team alive, the assassin indirectly harms my whole team).

They can also play quasi-bm style, hopping from person to person dishing out tackling slashes, deep stings, throatcuts, headhunts, and tele stuns, and generally disrupt many different people over and over. Plus, you just can't ignore an assassin hitting you... they hit way to hard. An assassin can go attack person A, force that person to kite, then go and hit person B, and force that person to kite as well. In short, an assassin in group situations can be a real pain in the ***!

Invoke is a nearly 100 % save (though a few mark of weakness can change that), but plume shell definitely isn't. I usually reserve plume shell for when I'm purged, yet annoyingly often archers purge my plume shell moments after I stick it in. Its a good save, but far from perfect. Unless being massively ganked, tidal really is a 66% save, for any classes that need debuffs to kill (which really, is most classes after all... even the dreaded seeker requires their debuffs from qpq to stick to be dangerous to a sin). Having fought an endgame-geared assassin, I know that I categorically cannot kill one if I don't have debuffs in.

Finally, PWI's pvp is decently balanced at endgame levels. The problems we witness are *mostly* the inevitable result of differences between gear, which is necessary for any game that is designed to make a profit. Your server deigns itself to be a pure pvp server, however, I still think you are simply twisting the rules to suit the classes the devs think are weakest/like the most/whatevers. What you have to stay starts to lose relevance, because you guys aren't even playing the same game anymore.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't get why this is even an issue. Honestly sins aren't even close to the most feared class in NW/TW, and are only above average in 1v1's in terms of killing power...I'll admit a good, geared sin is almost impossible to kill though.

But take away their relative CC immunity, and they become even squishier than archers, while also needing to be in melee range to do anything effective in mass pvp. Archers also have the ability to get up to 20 seconds of CC immunity, and then another 12 seconds after their WoG comes up again, yet it's not even OP on them due to their design. LA classes just naturally have a lot of slipperiness in return for squishiness.

Take away Jones blessings, and LA classes lose a lot of their bite. They depend on offense to be viable, and adding +30 attack levels is something China does not care about nor balance around. The massive amount of dex added by "North American" R9rr also skews a lot of skill effects (in particular, at least for mystics, it makes their absorb soul incredibly strong, while making Thicket useless in comparison). Did the devs really intend for LA classes to reach 60%+ crit rates? What happens once they reach 100% in future expansions?

Generally no, as normal evasion is pretty useless come endgame.

If the devs never intended LA to reach 60% crit rates, their damage wouldn't be so ****. The only reason sin damage isn't **** is because they can use debuffs with high crit rate and zerk.

Their normal damage is not that great at all, as are the normal damage of most phys classes on jade sharded, double (sometimes triple) pdef buffed endgame opponents. Every class has ways to spike their damage above the bottom of the bucket with debuffs and crits, without it no one's killing anyone.

What happens once they reach 100% crit rate is similar to what's going on now. Without crits, you hit 1k-2k on endgame peoples, with crits, you hit 2k-4k on peoples. With debuffs and/or zerk crits, you hit 10k+ on peoples and they die. For sins it wouldn't be rolling for crits, because that alone wouldn't kill anybody; it would be setting up for debuffs and CC combos or rolling for zerk crits much like it is now.

For archers it'd be rolling for purge just like before.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty