edited September 2013 in General Discussion
what do you think is better?
Post edited by bobyjoee on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I would say R9r2 even if this might depend of the class.
    Anyway R9r2 is just a step before R9r3
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why would anyone stay at R9 stage 2 anyway? All you need is the molds, badges and EoD/EoO for 3rd cast.

R9 3rd cast is by far better than G16 Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why would anyone stay at R9 stage 2 anyway? All you need is the molds, badges and EoD/EoO for 3rd cast.

Well first off that isnt the point of the thread, its directly comparing these two sets of gear. secondly yes that is ALL you need, all the molds, all the badges, all the eods, the fees.
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

He probably meant the "3rd cast", since R9 is the starter, 2nd version is the "1st cast" and the one upgraded via molds is the "2nd cast".

Anyway, to OP: R9
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    Well first off that isnt the point of the thread, its directly comparing these two sets of gear. secondly yes that is ALL you need, all the molds, all the badges, all the eods, the fees.

There's still no actual point in comparing stage 2 though but if you want the answer then G16 Nirvana is about the same as regular R9 though I'd say R9 is slightly slightly better than Nirvana depending on the class.

Stage 2 is better than G16 Nirvana but I don't know the exact difference since when I got my R9 pieces I immediately got it up to stage 3.

Stage 3 is absolutely superior to G16 Nirvana.

@thegreatgargame - I know the community wrongly calls it R9 3rd cast since it's technically 2nd cast but since the majority of people use that name I just assume R9 2nd cast means the Summerwind Token upgrade only unless stated otherwise.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ^Doesn't R9r mean "Rank 9 recast" - thus to "cast again" implying "second cast"? Likewise, R9rr meaning "Rank 9 recast recast" - implying to cast once again upon your second cast, therefore being a "third cast"?

I always just call it Rank 9 stage 3 for what everyone abbreviates "r9rr".

To the topic though, I don't know of anyone who actually stays at second stage rank 9. Perhaps before stage 3 was around, there might have been a small hand full of them, but the cost of going full stage 3 rank 9 is a joke compared to base costs of rank 9 and stage 2 even. Given those facts, its hard to find someone who has a full set of stage 2 rank 9 in order to compare base stats + set bonuses + refine bonuses vs Nirvana stage 3 (aka "g16" (ffs its all g16)). I'm inclined to think that stage 2 rank 9 will be just ahead of Nirvana stage 3 though. Rank 9 by itself has lower base stats than Nirvana stage 3 does, but only by just a little bit. Logically the next step up of Rank 9 would be placing it ahead of stage 3 nirvana gears.

We can probably expect for a 4th stage of Nirvana gears to come out, right around the time a Rank 10 or Rank 9 4th cast comes out.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ^Doesn't R9r mean "Rank 9 recast" - thus to "cast again" implying "second cast"? Likewise, R9rr meaning "Rank 9 recast recast" - implying to cast once again upon your second cast, therefore being a "third cast"?

I always just call it Rank 9 stage 3 for what everyone abbreviates "r9rr".

To the topic though, I don't know of anyone who actually stays at second stage rank 9. Perhaps before stage 3 was around, there might have been a small hand full of them, but the cost of going full stage 3 rank 9 is a joke compared to base costs of rank 9 and stage 2 even. Given those facts, its hard to find someone who has a full set of stage 2 rank 9 in order to compare base stats + set bonuses + refine bonuses vs Nirvana stage 3 (aka "g16" (ffs its all g16)). I'm inclined to think that stage 2 rank 9 will be just ahead of Nirvana stage 3 though. Rank 9 by itself has lower base stats than Nirvana stage 3 does, but only by just a little bit. Logically the next step up of Rank 9 would be placing it ahead of stage 3 nirvana gears.

We can probably expect for a 4th stage of Nirvana gears to come out, right around the time a Rank 10 or Rank 9 4th cast comes out.

Only reason to stay at R9r is if you have a highly refined + sharded R9 set and need to farm chienkuns to transfer them to R9rr. R9->R9r doesn't require anything to transfer your refines/shards. That being said, anyone with that highly refined R9 should already have been able to do that, unless they just came back t game or something.

As for OP's question, R9 2nd cast (doesn't matter if you mean 1st upgrade or 2nd one) is superior to "Nirvy G16".
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Only people i see with 2nd cast are those with +10 and higher refines, my guess is, they are simply saving up coin for chienkuns oooor they don`t care about getting smth better. b:chuckle
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well soon or later, came out new update with r10 or like so. That's way..wait a bit.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bobyjoee wrote: »
    what do you think is better?

I directly passed from G16 to R9rr, I don't even know the stats of R9r, G16 is better than plain R9, but it's close so I assume R9r have better stats than R9 so R9r is probably better than G16.

To everyone that replied ''Why stop at R9r?'', the OP never said he planned to go G16 or R9r. It could be someone that told him in game that G16 is better than R9r and the OP just ask.

There's people in game with +12 R9r JosD, that don't have or don't want to spend money on R9rr cause they would lose all refines and shards or would need to pay a fortune to transfer that and prefer to stay with that even if it's not totally end game.

The best way to know which one is better it's to make a pwcalc of each ste, I'm too lazy to do it since it's not for me. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    r9r: http://pwcalc.com/2d79a7d943092ca2
    g16: http://pwcalc.com/1f549a432de42330

r9r is better but hardly wayyy better.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    +1 discuss what is better? +1 or plus one?