Another game is broken thread, or is it?

Options
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Can someone post a link, coords, flash me some kind of sign, smoke signals, spark some rocks together or something that can point me in the direction of the broken parts of the game, cuz I'm not seeing it anywhere yet in the 5 years. With all the broken claims, every time there's an update, new gear, instance, add on, new class, new skills, skill balancing, major price drop/sale and on and on and on, I have yet to see a crack, snap, chip, or break in the game yet. I would love the link or some info about the I Told You So quest chain, so I can finally reach the breaking point. Because, from what I see, all the same people that say the game is broken due to some part being added, is now using that exact part that was added, and continue to use it. NW new map, R8, R9, Nivi gear, s3 gear, instance changes in SOT, Aba, and all that good stuff, still has yet to prove some sort of break. And this is due to adaption. We adapt ourselves to the environment, and find a way to beat it.

I look forward to the upcoming changes, new gear, s4, nirvi fix, the next skill balancing, new skills, new classes, added forges, price drops/sales, r10, anni gifts, and everything that pwi has tried to bring us and will bring us in the future. Change is good. If the game didn't change, people would qq that pwi hasn't gone anywhere, and it has a low stopping point.

After 5 years, 5 long freakin years, if pwi's max gear was tt99, at level 105, didn't add new instances, no NW, no gear upgrades, no new mounts, no new skills, no morai, new classes and I mean still barebones pwi, which is what a bunch of people wish pwi still was, would you be playing still? I'm sure you wouldn't be. I would have been bored after 1 year, maybe less. Especially since all other games on the market would be upgrading and adding expansions, but pwi still had the same old stuff. Would you really still be here? Or is the reason your still playing, the fact that pwi has done the upgrades they've done? OR, is the reason your still playing, because you put time, money, effort, blood, sweat, and tears into this game, made great friends and you feel you need to get all you can out of it. but in doing so, your digging yourself deeper into the game, and find it hard to detach yourself? I say all of the above.

Stop with the game is broken QQ's...get it together...that is all.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    when I was a little newbie and wasn't pvping much ie wasn't getting one-shotted by full tt99+5 immacs cashoppers I though that the game was balanced and great and skill>>gear.
    Now that I grew up and get oneshotted by r9rr+12 josd I QQ that pwi broke the game with r9rr.

I also QQ because I felt so great that I finally leveled to 40 by grinding non stop and now powerleveled noobs hit 40 so fast by just doing quests.

Additionally, I QQ because new instances tend to be more complicated than the mindless pull mob>kill mob>afk macro boss and blame it to pwi greed for forcing us to get r9rr

last, I QQ because pwi is so greedy and cursed my account, I opened 100 packs and got only tokens, I tried refining to +1 2 times and failed both, totally rigged.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    when I was a little newbie and wasn't pvping much -> getting one-shotted by full tt99+5 immacs cashoppers I though that the game was balanced and great and skill>>gear.
    Now that I grew up and get oneshotted by r9rr+12 josd I QQ that pwi broke the game with r9rr.

I also QQ because I felt so great that I finally leveled to 40 by grinding non stop and now powerleveled noobs hit 40 so fast by just doing quests.

Additionally, I QQ because new instances tend to be more complicated than the mindless pull mob>kill mob>afk macro bosh and blame it to pwi greed for forcing us to get r9rr

last, I QQ because pwi is so greedy and cursed my account, I opened 100 packs and got only tokens, I tried refining to +1 2 times and failed both, totally rigged.

lol

b:laugh
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The big game killers for me are fighting bots, and farming bots. Considering this game is dependent on its economy, and legitimate players trying to compete with bots that run basically 24/7, every day, farming XP/DQ/Farmable items that amass thousands of items, make millions and millions and millions of coins with no real effort spent (someone's real time vs. bot's time), and PWE's lack of caring, or ability to control them, to me that is broken. This can kill the economy for those that follow the rules. Those of us that follow the rules get left in the dust, or are forced to spend real money. Ban the bot accounts, and ban the main accounts. In my 15 years of playing MMOs, PWE is by far the worst gaming company when it comes to having to fix what they break over and over with every patch. The worst when it comes to making its player base stick to the ToS. You can't tell me their code is so archaic, they can't see who is a bot and who isn't. Other games I have played throughout the years, bots were taken care of, and even main accounts were banned. Not just a week or a year, but permanently.

When the company of game you play pays less attention to adherence of its own ToS, and enforcement of its forum is more prevalent than in its game, yeah that to me is beyond broken. The lack of GMs in the game is a breaking point. WC is a nightmare. The playerbase has to police its own where a GM should be available to take care of it. Some in WC should be permanently banned. At least on the RT server. Yes its old news, but look at the goon glitchers. Barely a slap on the hand, but a HUGE slap in the face to non glitchers.

The lack of patch testing is a breaking point. We still have those stupid made for China lottery quests that pop up every day. Yes, I know, just delete it as soon as I see it and I do. Point is I should not have to as it should not even be there and it should have been corrected at least within the first week.

So yes the game is broken. People are leaving, the population is dropping faster than its recovering. 90% of the new players I would bet are alts. There is a huge imbalance between R9+ compared to non boutique gear. Like a big difference. There is no challenge, or help for new players, except to rise to the top as fast as possible. WC is inundated with WTB/WTS heads (boss/mobs). You might as well have a game land the size of snowy village and FC. The rest is a barren wasteland, and if you do find others, like myself that refuse to go to FC until at least level 80 and that's full runs only, good luck finding a proper squad for any BH below 89.

But this is just MY opinion only, but what I have mentioned above are all aspects of the game I find severely broken, and have made PWI the bitter pill and points that have ultimately pushed me over the edge to quitting the game, and taking my money elsewhere.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Granted it was mainly the same few ppl arguing about it, still this arguably speaks volumes about how something is broken. (I'll paraphrase something I said in that exact thread)... Just because something has a weakness, or has been adapted too... does NOT mean it's not overpowered.

How about what they did with the goon glitch? (Temp banned most ppl, then they went back on it almost immediately and we ALL got 2x for not breaking the "rules" Which is such bs since those who abused it benefited from it as well.) Such an failed mishandling on that situation by pwe/pwi. (Though if I was in their shoes... they were left with little options... still such a sad way of handling it. D:... [also not saying I could of handled it any better, but still just ugh.] Despite how long THEY took... WE.. err rather those who abused this glitch broke the rules it has always been a rule not to exploit game flaws from day one, and yet those who broke it got away with it, and benefited from it quite a bit over those who didn't abuse it. )

Oh how about those TEMPORARY Anniversary packs? (We have had some version of them non stop since they first came out... and now if they were to remove them, it would arguably ruin a lot of things that have become the norm for many ppl these days.)

One more thing how about the instances they 'broke' that almost NO ONE runs anymore these days? (My favorite instance delta, then there is nirvy (hated that place) not to mention how 'dead' lunar is due to the fee/length of the run, even Twilight Temple is hardly ever run anymore.) Though yes some of this can be attributed to the game needing to stay fresh, still killing my favorite instance... is just so not cool in my mind. D: xD

Despite my distastes for what they did with certain things in game, I am still here enjoying what is left of this game... however long it continues to interest me ill be here playing. (or depending on how long its servers are maintained.... I may still be here until the servers go offline forever. Though I am not saying that day is nigh upon us... who TRULY knows how long pwe/pwi will actually continue to be online? I sure as hell don't.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was going to post links but I'm too lazy so here's a list
    -clears throat-

Cube of Fate Entrance
    Etherblade Waterfall
    Venomancer Instance
    Rubber-band glitch
    Swimming mastery
    Customer service

I'm sure ya'll can add
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Can someone post a link, coords, flash me some kind of sign, smoke signals, spark some rocks together or something that can point me in the direction of the broken parts of the game...
    I started this thread a while ago.

Some of it's been fixed, but there's still a lot broken, and with each expansion I find new things that don't work as they should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Kniraven is hawt

EDIT: Signature is working :D -NP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The big game killers for me are fighting bots, and farming bots. Considering this game is dependent on its economy, and legitimate players trying to compete with bots that run basically 24/7, every day, farming XP/DQ/Farmable items that amass thousands of items, make millions and millions and millions of coins with no real effort spent (someone's real time vs. bot's time), and PWE's lack of caring, or ability to control them, to me that is broken. This can kill the economy for those that follow the rules. Those of us that follow the rules get left in the dust, or are forced to spend real money. Ban the bot accounts, and ban the main accounts. In my 15 years of playing MMOs, PWE is by far the worst gaming company when it comes to having to fix what they break over and over with every patch. The worst when it comes to making its player base stick to the ToS. You can't tell me their code is so archaic, they can't see who is a bot and who isn't. Other games I have played throughout the years, bots were taken care of, and even main accounts were banned. Not just a week or a year, but permanently.

When the company of game you play pays less attention to adherence of its own ToS, and enforcement of its forum is more prevalent than in its game, yeah that to me is beyond broken. The lack of GMs in the game is a breaking point. WC is a nightmare. The playerbase has to police its own where a GM should be available to take care of it. Some in WC should be permanently banned. At least on the RT server. Yes its old news, but look at the goon glitchers. Barely a slap on the hand, but a HUGE slap in the face to non glitchers.

The lack of patch testing is a breaking point. We still have those stupid made for China lottery quests that pop up every day. Yes, I know, just delete it as soon as I see it and I do. Point is I should not have to as it should not even be there and it should have been corrected at least within the first week.

So yes the game is broken. People are leaving, the population is dropping faster than its recovering. 90% of the new players I would bet are alts. There is a huge imbalance between R9+ compared to non boutique gear. Like a big difference. There is no challenge, or help for new players, except to rise to the top as fast as possible. WC is inundated with WTB/WTS heads (boss/mobs). You might as well have a game land the size of snowy village and FC. The rest is a barren wasteland, and if you do find others, like myself that refuse to go to FC until at least level 80 and that's full runs only, good luck finding a proper squad for any BH below 89.

But this is just MY opinion only, but what I have mentioned above are all aspects of the game I find severely broken, and have made PWI the bitter pill and points that have ultimately pushed me over the edge to quitting the game, and taking my money elsewhere.

I have to agree 100% with you. The game is losing a lot of player and the economy month per month getting worst. Every month is harder for new players or Non-cash player to still playing. Nirvy is dead, Lunar isnt profitable anymore, TT drops are really bad (even with 2x), gold is expensive and tokens get higher. There are enough reasons for the player to leave.

If the population going down, economy will get worst every month. There a lot of games out there and pwi getting short against competion. Maybe they dont feel the difference in profits but when that situation happen will be harder to change if not.

I can give a lot of suggestions and talk about many ways to make this game better but the problem is: They really listen us?? or maybe another question like: They can make something??. Personally i hope (and can say that many others player too) the new expansion that comes this year solve most the problem or at least give us more oppportunities to enjoy more the game and not only making bhs and morai only everyday.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im happy with the game. Lot of stuff has been added in this 5 years, lot of stuff has been changed, improved, balanced...

Idc much about glitches, every game has them. Economy is not games fault its players fault. Cant blame game for something that we doing. Community in game is grate considering that in other games I played no one even say hi when you join squad, or say wb, or thx for squad.. its just total silence which bugged me to the point I stop playing them.

Ofc I don't think its perfect and there are some things I would like to be different like:
    - events to be held in different times so that more people can participate in them
    - 1-2 more farming instance (more will be even better)
    - frequent change in bh bosses and bh rewards (every 6 months something different)
    - possibility to farm high lvl gems, tomes, capes, helms (stuff that are now only available in packs) - idc if that will be long and hard just would be nice to have option (lazy people will always cash for it anyway:)

Nirvana and trials come back would be nice to but somehow I think it will happen in future because pwi likes more to improve instance then to make new one:)

I'm playing pwi for 5 years, it has ups and downs but still have lots of fun in game, still have things to do and looking forward for all new stuff that still has to come.