unable ot update

Options
thealfawolf
thealfawolf Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Support Desk
it keeps saying unable ot proceed to update. I have win 8 and I have played since I got the win8 last update will not go threw for some reason if anyone can help please help
Post edited by thealfawolf on

Comments

• sxkitten71180
    sxkitten71180 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    reboot your computer then go into the perfect world international folder and click on elementclient icon from inside the folder, don't use desktop icon
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The "Client running/Unable to proceed with update" message appears when you attempt to launch or patch the game while it is already running.

First, check the system tray to see if the has been minimized there. This is usually a result of trying to close the game via alt+F4 or the X in the corner of the window; the only way to properly exit the game is to do so from the in-game menu.

If the game has not been minimized, go to the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and end any instances you see of patcher.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, and pwprotector.exe, then try again.

If all else fails, reboot your computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss