G15 GOF or G16 axe

BigPaws - Harshlands
BigPaws - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Blademaster
So I have this g15 axe unbound. It has sac on it but I was thinking if I roiled god on it should I keep gof or get g16. I have the mold and will have the badges in 2 more ws.

So G15 Gof or G16 unicorn.

Btw I'm a farmer if that helps. Pvp sometimes with faction.
Post edited by BigPaws - Harshlands on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As mostly a farmer you'll benefit more from the consistant damage increase from the 40 attack lvls of G16, rather than the odd sac from the G15.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The typical advice is G16 for PvE, G15 for PvP.

G16 refined to +10 will be (and don't quote me on numbers) something like 60% higher dph, unless the G15 zerks. When the G15 zerks it about 25% more dd than the average G16 attack, but remember thats only a 20% proc rate. G15 will have your highest spike damage, but G16 will far out dps it.

If you're not almost pure pvp then I'd suggest going G16, honestly.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    g16 also looks better than g15. more... godly... somehow.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    g16 also looks better than g15. more... godly... somehow.

Lunar G15 gg.
    And TT G 15 looks better. Red theme and flames, not....fabulous sparkling.

Only g16 that looks better than tt g15 are dags imo. Silver streaks are cool
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lunar G15 gg.
    And TT G 15 looks better. Red theme and flames, not....fabulous sparkling.

Only g16 that looks better than tt g15 are dags imo. Silver streaks are cool

this. this. this so much. to hell with fairy weapons, give back my flaming dragon winged orb qq
    you only purge once #yopo
  • tryndam3r3
    tryndam3r3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I used to have t2 Gof Axes refined up to +7. I was also hesitated to move to t3 since the damage with the proc was really nice. But i finally made up my mind and moved to T3 Dual axe. Some things that made me make up this decision:
    - nirvana t3 axes has always 40 att levels and +3 random stats, while the T2 have 2 extra random stats.
    - Nirvana t3 refine better and have more base damage
    - proc rate of Gof is 20%, so there could be times that Gofing like crazy and others that not a single pric will go off. The damage you get from t3 is steady (almost due to the min-max damage of the weapon). If you refine both weapons at max refine then the T3 win flat out, due to better refining rates, higher base damage and att levels.
    - Gof isn't proc'ed with Blade tornado. The damage of that skill with T3 is far greater than t2. same as R9r and close to R9rr, since Gof is a non factor here, and the skill deal true damage (ignores def levels of others) based on your weapon damage (multipliers) and att levels.

Just my 2 cents
  • RakIfy - Heavens Tear
    RakIfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GoF b:dirty
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The typical advice is G16 for PvE, G15 for PvP.

G16 refined to +10 will be (and don't quote me on numbers) something like 60% higher dph, unless the G15 zerks. When the G15 zerks it about 25% more dd than the average G16 attack, but remember thats only a 20% proc rate. G15 will have your highest spike damage, but G16 will far out dps it.

If you're not almost pure pvp then I'd suggest going G16, honestly.

Not experienced in PvP, but do you seriously prefer a 25% higher spike damage over 60% higher continuous damage ? b:shocked
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not experienced in PvP, but do you seriously prefer a 25% higher spike damage over 60% higher continuous damage ? b:shocked

Nope, not me personally, but some do.

With GoF and especially with high def/vit builds the idea is to survive long enough to get that lucky string of zerks. Rather than do a string like 3k, 3.5k, 3k, 5k, 2.5k, 4.5k, 4k... They're rather do 2k, 1.8k, 7k, 3k, 2.5k, 2.4k, 7k, 6.8k, 8.2k. Its not consistant but you basically survive until you get those big numbers, and with axes the range can be huge. You have some regular high end attacks that are higher than other low end crits. I personally don't like depending on luck, though.

It is kind of fun to see the really huge numbers of zerks, though. Even if it means 80% of the time you'll see lower numbers.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is kind of fun to see the really huge numbers of zerks, though. Even if it means 80% of the time you'll see lower numbers.

Highest i have seen so far in pve is 960k hit on delta stage 3 boss b:dirty.

I kid you not, this game is super unbalanced. I see a tt90 geared person, i will 99.99999% zerk crit them for 20k~50k.

I will see a r9/g16 well refined person, i am 98% i will only hit 1~2k on them.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have a g16 with attack level 2x and accuracy, +7 was nice for me. But that zerk crit is awsome.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon