Who wants to explain NW scoring?

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Nation Wars
So running around in NW last night...pop into a couple different crystal maps late with my barb

1200-1500 points, in a 3-5 person fight, for doing NOTHING

Other ones are alsso just a handful of people (one was 2, one was 4, one was 5)

And I actually dug a few of the crystals, etc...and got like...400, 600, 300...just **** contribution.

Has anyone actually figured out the formulas and such behind it all?!? What all impacts your contribution for each given fight?

Also, another fight was 14 v 1 (me being the 1) in a flag map...I end up winning 22-3, taking an absolute BEATING from all of the nubs, and racking up 33 kills on 0 deaths..

2,150 points for me, says the total for the fight was like 18k or something

HOW did I not pull 3k for that?
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well theres a rumor that its based on soulforce which it probably is a combo of soulforce/lvl since every time i entered a battle and was ranked 1st (without doing anything..like came in right before it ended) i was the higher lvl with better gear, and i noticed most of the point farmers that enter battles then afk or just leave that get more points are heavily geared and at my lvl or higher >.< even if i do all the work i would often still get last place (or close to it) ranked for the battle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    105 barb, full r9s3....I dont think its a gear/soulfource issue...unless the squishies get better contrib for "not dying"

And that still doesn't explain the flag battle, since there was no way for anyone from my nation to even GET there (I was in the mass sea of light lands, cut off from the world lol
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    2150 is the new cap on contrib per instance ever since the new map came out.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been asking myself the same question lol. f:ponder

I've gotten under 100 contribution pts many times, where I was actually doing something: fighting and capping crystals, was there for the whole fight of the map, and won. f:angry

In other maps where I would just pop in and was on the losing team, I could easily get 300 contribution points... f:stare

On average, I actually get more points for losing than winning. f:scared

So yeah, very very confused lol. f:sweat

(Results from a BM and veno lvl 7x to 8x)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive had similar cases to the above as well - especially last NW. I never understood why/how things like this happen, but it gets me every time:
    >Start a Crystal Battle
    >No enemies, and only one ally constantly entering/leaving the map
    >Solo the Crystal Battle
    >Come 6th overall
    >MFW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah this new NW map was designed by half moron.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^ This (@ Euthymius)

Lately, I've been noticing my interest for NW is decreasing due to the fact that people rush inside then leave just to snag points (or you kindly think they d/c). Its to where I have to assume the 3 people in the instance are doing something. Worse is being alone and snagging flags or crystals AND defending at same time then people pouring in and getting higher rank. It makes my effort meaningless altogether and I seriously suggest they bring up a penalty to those who jump fight to fight just to chart points. It also makes me wonder who is using an alt in this event because the person will run opposite side on purpose who have CLEARLY done NW before as if they were stalling, giving the enemy the edge to take over the battle. We could have won it way before their entry into battle.
    So again I have to assume whoever is in battle with me is doing their best than just standing there idle while killing numbers on their main.

I used to get 1k when Crystal fights came out, now I barely manage a 300. Or worse when on a flag run and no enemies and people swoop in just to stand there for free points and have fun because of it. That's all NW was to me last night getting more and more upset with the scoring and how lazy/greedy people are and you know what I've left battles ONLY when its stable (exp: Flag ~ 10v0 ~ do 10 ppl REALLY need to be in the instance -- 3 tops for each flag spawn).

I'm mixed with NW ~.~

Please REALLY fix the point system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive had similar cases to the above as well - especially last NW. I never understood why/how things like this happen, but it gets me every time:
    >Start a Crystal Battle
    >No enemies, and only one ally constantly entering/leaving the map
    >Solo the Crystal Battle
    >Come 6th overall
    >MFW

Stuff like digging flags and crystals adds to your personal contribution but doesn't count towards your ranking in an instance. With no enemies to fight, base contrib is based off of Soulforce (gear refines). Those people popping in out geared you so they took a higher rank, though you still may have ended up with more contrib due to your actions.

It's a shame, but that's what NW has been turned into with the latest map.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Stuff like digging flags and crystals adds to your personal contribution but doesn't count towards your ranking in an instance. With no enemies to fight, base contrib is based off of Soulforce (gear refines). Those people popping in out geared you so they took a higher rank, though you still may have ended up with more contrib due to your actions.

It's a shame, but that's what NW has been turned into with the latest map.

They really need to fix that. I know my 80 seeker isn't much in those long drawn out battles between two well geared squads, but in those instances they'd be killing and dealing so much more damage and I'd be unable to cap a flag anyway. They don't need to be ranked so much higher than me that when I am completely alone and do the entirety of the work, that they can pop in for 2 seconds and get ranked higher. It's ridiculous.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^^ Yep! Time on field (or lack there of) should be alot more of a well thought out factor/limitation before someone gets the chance for points by just popping in and leeching any ol' times they want...

The ones most active on the field should be the ones getting the most points from it, not the ones who like playing insta-port leeching Fail Babies....b:thanks