Moving TW to the next level

Options
QontroL - Sanctuary
QontroL - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
While I realise that what im about to post will most likely be brushed off as a joke, and trolled harder than a kid with 3 fat mothers, Im somewhat curious why everyone on Sanctuary seems content with the current TW situation.

Everyone seems to be perfectly happy about the position they're in, with a 30-40 man TW core and then the other people that casually show up when they feel like it (some factions have more ofcourse) yet not a single faction is even trying to be the strongest faction.

So here is the main point of this thread....why is no one trying to take this nr.1 spot? It has literally taken us so long to respond to Vindicate that they're bored shjtless, becoming the nr.1 faction now isnt an achiement its somewhat embarrasing.

2 factions with a 30-40 member TW core can easily make a single TW faction that can make a great showing, but instead we double attack a faction, that'll just result to 1 match being no-showed and the other match being a one-sided stomp.

While I realise every faction wants to fight under their own name, especially since some have had this name for 5 years, its simply impossible to all be a good faction. Which has resulted in the current situation where all factions arent strong enough and the strongest faction is sitting there being bored. Its also the reason why even now, every single TW faction has the exact same recruitment requirements as 4 years ago.

So Im curious how the other TW factions think about this, Im expecting laughs n trolls but are there any factions with a TW core that dont care what name they fight under and just wanna have good TWs and eventually be the strongest TW faction, because I think this server definately needs to move TW to the next level cuz the server is simply too dead to play TW like we did 4 years ago.

TL;DR - Can TW still be saved or is it dead beyond salvation?

b:victory Greetings n peace by sum random person curious if we can get sum competitive stuff going on or if we all bad, fat and lazy b:laugh
Post edited by QontroL - Sanctuary on

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think the TWs now are better than they have been in the previous years.

The amount of people still playing PWI won't allow multiple 80 v 80 wars simultaneously if that's what you're talking about.
  • Zalaf - Sanctuary
    Zalaf - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nobody is going to troll this thread because nobody looks at the forums to troll it b:thanks
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    who is the strongest faction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hmm.

I know for some people the name of the faction above their head is more important than winning or participating in great TWs. They want to but they want to do it with that particular name over their head.

There are also cases that some factions don't focus on TW as much or at least, they do other things other than just TW. The atmosphere of the faction, the games, the events etc. are all part of the faction and a lot of people who are members of it may not want to lose all this just so they can enjoy themselves that one day (or two) of the week when TW happens.

My guess is that there are also some factions that genuinely don't care about becoming the strongest or trying to become the strongest. They are happy with good TWs regardless of whether they are seen as weak or strong by the outsiders. For example "smaller" TW factions fighting each other.

I think NW also affected TW a little. I can already name a bunch of people who prefer NW simply because they can gain a profit out of it while TW is more often than not a "waste" of money and resources. You also have people from other continents and time zones who will often skip the 8PM TWs because they already had to wake up/stay up for the NW the day before.

I think some of the TWs have been really fun but with the map resets it often takes a while until factions get to the exciting fights and a lot of people lose interest. They leave their faction and join "smaller" ones for more exciting TWs or they change factions depending on their position on the map and who they are fighting during that period.

That's all I can think of o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    All in all, TW is one day a week. The other six days you're going to want to be in a faction with people you like.

It would be nice if the faction leaders made some organized ganks of the top factions. Or if they just made better TW decisions in general *punts Strife*. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I like TW how it is, earlier it was used to be 5 minute rolls, now 3 factions are close to each other and depending on sign ups can get 3 hour TWs. I would rather lose but have a close evenish TW than win in 10-15 min in one side TW. I dont know why you would want a number 1 faction which can beat anyone in server in 10 mins, whats the point, TW is the only group PvP left on server, so i like the way it is right now.
  • OonaVile - Sanctuary
    OonaVile - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Only if LG and Vindi showed up for PK outside west / silverpool or wherever then there would have been more group PVP in this server :(
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If this had been posted 3 weeks ago it probably would have been true.
    TW Situation on Sanctuary has been a bit volatile of late =S

LG and Vindi have fought weekly for 3 years and prior to that it was LG and Nef fighting weekly. The only time I can ever think of this changing is when LG was bored and losing regularly to Vindi so decided to fight Regi weekly and double defending Vindi and that was 3 or 4 season ago.

This season has been a little crazy. Vindi started out winning and that's been true most the season but every week LG was forcing longer and longer TWs. LG started forcing 2 and 3 hour defenses, then Vindi "crumbled" and lost about 15 players. Then Vindi gained about 25 from Regi and other places and became "number 1" again by clpobbering LG... then the next week they lost. Hoorah tried to step up into what I call top tier factions and LG has been attacking them, clobbering them weekly. Then they combined with the 15-20 people from Vindi and have gotten clobbered one week, winning the next, losing the week after that.

LG is a good way to measure the volatility since they're the only faction both attacking and defending. One week they lost to Vindi, beat Hoorah. Another week, they beat Vindi, lost to Hoorah.

So your message that the TW results haven't changed in years is untrue. Vindi has held the most land for several seasons, but they also have been beaten several times each season. Most importantly, this season it seems like at points Hoorah could beat them as well as LG.

How I view TWs are in tiers. There are 3 tiers: top, middle, and lower. The issue is that going outside your tier results in a 5 minute roll, which is not fun. You have LG and Vindi in the top tier. The only people able to challenge them are each other, unfortunately. This year we've added Hoorah to that group. Then you have Regi, Ene, Kaku, and Corvinus in the second tier. The only good fights they have are against each other and going up or down a tier in opponents would result in 5 minute wars. The odd thing is they're on the map simply because they avoid the two big factions. Then you have... everyone else, lol.

I've always said pvp in pwi is boring. There are only so many combos you can use. We all know 99% of cleric's are going to sleep->debuff->attack-> kite. We all know BMs are probably gonna run straight in, magic marrowed, and try to stun. 99% of pvp is the same, it's just picking which variation of the tactic you think your opponent will use this time. TW offers a little more variation in a mass pvp setting, but still gets redundant. Well, 5 years of TW has left anyone who still wants to TW or thinks its fun are feeling redundant and most top tier factions are lucky to put in more than 65 people nowdays. I personally joined LG because they offer pve as much as they offer pvp, and TWing is just the price I have to pay to be in an active faction.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    turtles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    turtles

http://youtu.be/A0XXmVts1y0

So do I b:pleased