Poll: Weapon stats

Options
WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Barbarian
I know what i like on a weapon. But before i start refining a weapon that i might want to trade later, i also would like to know what other barbs (or BMs) like on their axes. This is mostly directed to those who would consider buying an already refined (+10) and sharded (incomparable) weapon.

It will be a resonance of pride btw.
I know unicorn tragedy seems to be the most popular weapon, but i need a resonance of pride for its smaller min-max range to have reliable dmg output for PvE purposes. Do you care much what type of weapon you would buy ?
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I like strength. The extra dd is always nice, not to mention it'll boost your phys def more than a vit add would. Taking less damage means heals go further, and even though magic damage hurts more the bulk of attacks we take are physical.

Its really hard to say consistent damage with hammers vs a range of damage with axes is better or worse in pve. Many times spike damage will save you or allow you to keep aggro where consistent damage will not, and the opposite could be true. But spike damage will come in handy more during pvp, and in pve its alot more funny seeing crazy high numbers.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I want the consistent damage for a particular purpose.

I want to spark-demon sunder-berserkers wrath in TM79 to one hit the mobs at range.

To be consistent, only the minimum damage matters. Therefore i want a small range and highest minimal damage. Also if you are not one hitting mobs, it is nice to know exactly what attacks you need to do to kill a mob. For example before i had demon sunder, if i would do a pull in FC, id sunder, surf, arma, slam and i knew 100% sure that kills them. Consistent damage is best for such things.

As for the stats, in general 130max is imo the best offensive stat there is. For my purpose of consistency, i would of course prefer str or 350HP/19vit (because defense is also nice and i will reach my dmg goal also without the 19str). Thats why i make this poll, to see if the people who like max dmg is such a strong majority that i will need to reroll for those stats before making it +10. I guess its likely i will sell it at some point when i go r9 and/or get bored of doing TM79 anyway.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Fixed the title of the thread for ya :3.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    30%acc where
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    30%acc where

forgotten :'( also +1 range forgotten :'(

I have to say though, even if many people seek the acc, i wont make it. I have 200 dex and totally no need for acc. So for me forgetting it doesnt matter really, it should be there to be complete though :p, i have more stats in the list that i surely wont go for. :)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    forgotten :'( also +1 range forgotten :'(

I have to say though, even if many people seek the acc, i wont make it. I have 200 dex and totally no need for acc. So for me forgetting it doesnt matter really, it should be there to be complete though :p, i have more stats in the list that i surely wont go for. :)

22.8K accuracy tho; gg deadwieght
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    2 sockets b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2013
    Options
    2 sockets b:avoid

hmm, indeed....