Wedding Points Issue

Salari - Raging Tide
Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Quality Corner
I know there have been issues with weddings glitching alot, but today I got zero points from killing the mobs and the Ex. I have 14 active quests and I have the extended quest bag. In the same wedding people would get points sometimes from a spawned Ex but sometimes they would not. The last several weddings I went to in the last couple months I would get points from the mobs but not the boss. I got the guest corsage once I entered as well.

Steps to replicate. Start a wedding, when you get to the point where the mobs spawn just kill them and the ex

Also:

The game has not been giving me the gift at the end even if the wedding when just fine with out any glitches (aside the points problem)

Thanks
Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
Post edited by Salari - Raging Tide on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Can confirm both of these. In fact, I've sent in a few tickets in the past about this happening.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Arydia - Raging Tide
    Arydia - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here, also same wedding as Salari, no contri for the ex, even bought a 2nd corsage incase 1st was bugged but still nothing, had around 4k contri in the end from wedding candy.nougat drops from the ex and also picking bridal bouquets but no reward.

This also happened to me a few weeks ago at another wedding b:sad
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    I would have to note I only had 150 points at the end of this wedding yesterday so I was not expecting a gift, but there have been plenty of times i ranked #1 overall or ranked pretty high and still did not get a giftb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can confirm this and I had some PM traffic with Val (Hey, You!) about it while I noticed it.

Workaround for it is for the guests to trash the wedding quest they get once they noticed they are not getting any contribution points, it will pop up automatically right away again and then they do get points.

If they by any chance don't get the quest back, they can leave and reenter the wedding, but they should get it back right away.

Even so, they should fix it, this bug has been known for a long long time with them already.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Can confirm this and I had some PM traffic with Val (Hey, You!) about it while I noticed it.

Workaround for it is for the guests to trash the wedding quest they get once they noticed they are not getting any contribution points, it will pop up automatically right away again and then they do get points.

If they by any chance don't get the quest back, they can leave and reenter the wedding, but they should get it back right away.

Even so, they should fix it, this bug has been known for a long long time with them already.

Did you figure this out or did Val tell you it was a workaround. That is pretty sad if they knew about a workaround and not bother telling anyone about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep some guests at my wedding got no gifts too, despite good points. But then my wedding glitched pretty badly overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did you figure this out or did Val tell you it was a workaround. That is pretty sad if they knew about a workaround and not bother telling anyone about it

What I did at first at the mentioned wedding was leave it and come back entirely (leaving would fail the quest as well and re-entering will give it back, resulting in the same effect as trashing the quest and getting it back right away when you're in the wedding)

It's not a workaround Val told me to use so he's not responsible for me mentioning that as workaround at all.

He just mentioned it's a known issue and that a ticket should be sent.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Well the wedding I went to the other day bugged as well. My points got reset to "-" and killing the quest did not help. I only dug flowers this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]