Good Stats or Re-roll

Thayl - Heavens Tear
Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Blademaster
Hi need advice about this axes, someone says that was good hp stats but i dont know if would be best to get attack or str. please help b:laugh

http://pwcalc.com/e9b6b1b80e085b72
Post edited by Thayl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stats are perfect unless you can't improve your attack by refining the weapon more instead of armour.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    stats are perfect unless you can't improve your attack by refining the weapon more instead of armour.

thank you, yeah i didn't refine yet cus was thinking in re-roll but if the stats are good i start to refine it. b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretty good.

I always try to convert everything to % dmg output or % dmg intake.

So suppose you are a BM with:

8HP, 11k buffed
    a 500% damage multiplyer that turns your 1500-2500weapon damage into 7500-12500
    70 Att lvl
    30 Def lvl
    25% crit

Now lets see what all the stats do:
    +350 health on 8000 = + 4,4% HP
    19 vit = 280HP on 8000 = 3,5% HP (and a tiny bit defences)
    19 str = 13% weapon dmg = 2,5% end damage output
    +109 mx dmg = 54 av wp dmg = 2,6% end weapon dmg output
    1% crit = 0,8% dmg output
    1 ATT lvl = 0.6% dmg output
    1 Def lvl = 0.8% defences.

Conclusion: stats, max dmg and health are all nice stats and roughly somewhat equal in value.

att lvls, def lvls and crit are pretty worthless and vastly overrated. Most people shun away from a fist with -int, max dmg, +mag. And they are happy to buy a -int, 1%crit, 1 att lvl. They are ignorant morons.

And your weapon is great if you look at the precentages. Kind of the best possible even. Downside is only that most people prefer weapons to be pure offence as defensive stats can be easilly gotten from armor refining and sharding while offensive stats like max dmg are very hard to get.

For people looking at other weapons, notice that weapons that are mostly used while sparked have a reduced benefit from str bonus. For these weapons the max damage bonus is twice as good as str.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for all the info WannaBM, i gonna keep my axes with those stats and start working on my s3 ha gear b:thanks all this was a nice reading xD
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thats a nice defensive roll. I wouldn't reroll since if you ever feel like you have enough defense and want more offense you can trade it for a nice offensive pair of axes. There are always barbs LF those adds on G16s, or other BMs that feel axes are their pulling weapon and should be more defensively stat.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't even consider a reroll. If you're not happy with those stats; someone else would be. You could easily sell it for more than it cost to replace.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Bloodpage - Sanctuary
    Bloodpage - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah i would keep it if not just resell and someone else would love them
  • Crematory - Lost City
    Crematory - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    k since this reroll question appeared here I dont make a new thread , I have the same question on G16 Fists. Current stats are 2x HP+350, and Interval 0.05 and that 2x 350Hp disturbs me pretty much. I did +5 it and thinking to reroll when I will have 100+ badges. what's ur opinion?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the fists its abit the same thing. For defensive stats, 350HP is the best there is hands down.

However, you will get to the point where your further refines on your weapon are imposible or too expensive (11, 12) while you have plenty of options to refine your armor. At this point you no longer want defensive stats.

For fists as said, the str bonus is half value because you already got like 1000% multiplier when sparked. crit, att level, def level are still ****. str and dex are mediocre. +max dmg is extra good because the weapons base dmg is lower, so its a higher % increase. +max dmg is God on fists/claws.

Since you have it only +5, this theoretically could be a very good weapon for you now. If the 700HP are helpfull, you could spend your coins on refining your weapon instead of armor and come out well altogether.
    However, if you do expect to get to this point where your weapon is +10 already, it will no longer be good. And money spent on refining claws or fists is not gonna increase their value with an equal amount. Definately when they do not have the most wanted stats.

It is very similar to the vit vs no-vit debate. Vit is good when you are not yet highly refined. It is no longer good when you are. Restatting is cheap and easy. Changing your weapon is not.

therefore, i would sell them right now and try to get differnt ones. Rerolling sounds like too much of a waste to me. If your server is anything like mine, selling will not be easy i guess, but surely there should be some unlucky guy failing to roll himself -int willing to trade you a random stats weapon + some coin.

I got a very similar situation. I have a +8 -int fist with 109 max dmg and 18 mag. Now i was not too unhappy about the stats. Of course i'd love 2x max dmg, but thats a lot to ask. The 18 mag is a waste, but 1 ATT level is almost as much a waste when compared to the max dmg. Noone wants it though and i dont want to refine it any more since i know at least half of the investment will be lost if i ever want to sell this weapon.
    So yesterday i bought a -int +10 claw with 130 max dmg and 18 dex for 127m. These stats look a lot less scary than the one with mag (although i dont really care myself since the dex does not help with the weapons own dex requirements) Note that even on a weapon with relatively wanted stats, 127m is barely the value of the refines alone. And now i only have to sell my +8 for 57m to make it a better deal than investing 2 more oceans on that +8.

So in the end my advise is not to refine any fist/claw. Buy a refined one instead.
    Same goes for -int. Dont try to roll it, but buy it. Unless you like the chances for a double int roll that is....

PS: WTS Peak of clouds, -int, +109max dmg, +18 mag. +8 refined. 90m. :D
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PS: WTS Peak of clouds, -int, +109max dmg, +18 mag. +8 refined. 90m. :D

I will buy it on sanctuary b:dirty.

I differ on claws though, i do lots of pve, and i solo or duo bosses. So i need the DD on my claws, as i do the work of 3~6 people. Some things are a pain, but i like +11 on my claws.

As for axes, more HP is always welcome, even if you have +12 gear, there might be a time in pvp when someone would hit you for that extra bit that would one shot you, but having these axes just caused a charm tick and you went on happy. My unbuffed hp is 13k, people hit me for 12k~15k mostly on high hits. Once i get barb buffs, i die far less. Having an extra 900 hp base is the same as having 2 g16 armour piece set bonus.

Plus if you refine gear high enough, you can solo things that you previously needed a squad for. Makes for faster farming or lazier gameplay (i go on the lazy side).