sage or demon for my assassin

Options
2»

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ok, that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.
    BTW, I'm the one that has your old G16 dagger :). Makes a ton of difference tanking WS/TT with it.

My friends made fun of those vit adds, but they tried to buy my dagger for cheap when I was selling XD. Btw sold that blade for 45m. Glad you are enjoying them ^^.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well the main reason I dont like it is shearly because of the amount of anti-stun in the game, that combined with it cost 2 sparks unless i find a sage skill book for it. My chrono skills do a ** ton of damage. Almost 1 shot a g16+10 (everything) psy right through psys will.

1. Base attack + 100% gear attack + 6,716 vs base attack + 3,834

Thats lvl 10 HH vs spell cutter. Assuming 2k wep dmg, discounting attack levels, HH will hit bout 1,2k harder non crit/zerk.

2. Last I checked psy will was immune to physical damage. Unless spell cutter deals elemental damage(Nothing on ecatomb), I find it hard to understand just how. Then again I dont have the skill so who knows, maybe its actually far more useful than info I have seen would suggest.

3. "So many antistuns in game = stuns useless". I guess because people got armors weapons are useless too? But seriously, if you cant follow buffs/figure out a way to surprise your target that they wont pop antistun as a sin, just leave your HH to level 3.

4. Where the hell you waste your chi as sage if you cant afford using HH? Powerdash/something just as stupid?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited September 2013
    Options
    1. Base attack + 100% gear attack + 6,716 vs base attack + 3,834

Thats lvl 10 HH vs spell cutter. Assuming 2k wep dmg, discounting attack levels, HH will hit bout 1,2k harder non crit/zerk.

2. Last I checked psy will was immune to physical damage. Unless spell cutter deals elemental damage(Nothing on ecatomb), I find it hard to understand just how. Then again I dont have the skill so who knows, maybe its actually far more useful than info I have seen would suggest.

3. "So many antistuns in game = stuns useless". I guess because people got armors weapons are useless too? But seriously, if you cant follow buffs/figure out a way to surprise your target that they wont pop antistun as a sin, just leave your HH to level 3.

4. Where the hell you waste your chi as sage if you cant afford using HH? Powerdash/something just as stupid?

I hit the psy with a sparked condensed thorn, even tho it says weapon damage, somehow it always registers as elemental for me. It is not that I cant follow buffs, it more has to do with the TW factions on my server ae full of more experienced players (the ones I go against normally), the start channeling HH sometimes just to run into an anti-stun/IG/Power Sutra. I've learned to cancel the channel on throatcut but most people dont seem to IG when i use that (willsurge im guessing sometimes). As for wasting chi, just because I sage doesnt mean I have all the sage skills, not only that I go through a lot of freaking chi sometimes, only to have CC that could have ended the fight or secured the kill, blocked. It's frustrating as hell. If a skill cost 2 sparks sometimes I'd rather save that for maze steps/IG combo. Or maybe you haven't been in a situation where 30% of the people around your target are 104-105 w/ hundreds of lv31 stealth pots because AEU drops em like freaking candy. The 2 sparks would seem more useful if I had lv11 HH. But maybe that's just how a feel rather than the actual facts.
  • velone333
    velone333 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    hi :) I got 16 daggers 2x 0.05 int, 2x0.05 int on r8r plate, 1x0.05 on R8r boots - +pants ( 3 piece set gives another -0.1) G15 nirvy 0.1 hands, 2 HA ornaments (0.05) now i am about to get 0.05 int tome. With tome i will be base 5.0. At the moment I am demon sin, and i plan this sin as PvE character, should i go 5.0 sage g16 or R9 3.33 base demon???
    sage spark (700% damage and 25% reduce damage taken) + sage BP would make me immortal b:chuckle. I dont know how R9 5.0 gonna work. I didnt compare damage yet... any suggestions?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    velone333 wrote: »
    I got 16 daggers 2x 0.05 int,
    2x0.05 int on r8r plate,
    1x0.05 on R8r boots

...now i am about to get 0.05 int tome. With tome i will be base 5.0.

Wow... you did that in the wrong order. You dumb, lucky, sob.

Didn't you know you're supposed to get -int tome first, then spend the next 3 years and 11 billion coin trying to get 2x -.05 on chest and -.05 on boots?

Anyway, your question probably deserves its own thread since you're hijacking and burying it in someone elses thread. To answer your question, for pve the damage difference between a 5 aps demon and a 3.33 aps sage is a demon will do about 51% more damage. 5 aps/3.33 aps is 50.2% more attacks in favor of demons, the difference between sage and demon weapon mastery is about 1.2% in favor of sages, and then wolf emblem is situational but for a flat foot race against a boss demon is better. Sage has its benefits in chi gain and in extended pvp like TW, but for dd demon is better. So for damage only, demon wins doing roughly 151% of what a sage does. This largely makes up for the difference in paint heal strength of 150%.

Now, for pvp, survivability, and how you play a sin that is a much much much larger question. Obviously sage win in survivability but with 2 pieces r8r and the extra sparks/chi that demon get its closer than most people think. For PvP sage is currently favored in the form of a dph sin, but that's also up to debate. Like I said, this should get its own thread and people can argue it endlessly.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited September 2013
    Options
    velone333 wrote: »
    hi :) I got 16 daggers 2x 0.05 int, 2x0.05 int on r8r plate, 1x0.05 on R8r boots - +pants ( 3 piece set gives another -0.1) G15 nirvy 0.1 hands, 2 HA ornaments (0.05) now i am about to get 0.05 int tome. With tome i will be base 5.0. At the moment I am demon sin, and i plan this sin as PvE character, should i go 5.0 sage g16 or R9 3.33 base demon???
    sage spark (700% damage and 25% reduce damage taken) + sage BP would make me immortal b:chuckle. I dont know how R9 5.0 gonna work. I didnt compare damage yet... any suggestions?

Pangu smile on you for **** real. Fortune's Favor much?
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It really depends on your playstyle. I am going sage because of PVP. So if u wanna be a badass sin and like to pk then go sage, their skills hit harder etc. if u don't care much about that u can go demon :)
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It really depends on your playstyle. I am going sage because of PVP. So if u wanna be a badass sin and like to pk then go sage, their skills hit harder etc. if u don't care much about that u can go demon :)
    This looks like a NECRO!

JessyWolf - Archosaur replied to a message that was 5 months 1 day 1 hour 54 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

Celebrating 1 year of helping on these forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    inb4 Sweetie--

DAMMIT!

yeah this zombie's going down.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.