Server Login Issues 8/21/2013

Comments

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok this is where all of you misunderstood me, i NEVER said ONCE that it wudnt take a while BUT i stated that it took them 10-11 hours to realise there was a problem lol. that is lack of communication js.

You don't know that. You know that it took the GM some time to respond. You extrapolated the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xhalf_pintX - Archosaur
    Xhalf_pintX - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    all the servers use the same program to log in so how is it i can log on to some and not others when there all running from the same launcher?
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    Opey_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    isabeal wrote: »
    *sings Why cant we be friends* hehehe we are all frustrated just do like im doing ..im driving my spouse nuts its kinda fun =P

ok u try runnin multiple servers and games and notice every little thing tht goes wrong stop QQing and get a life
  • Tideborn_J - Lost City
    Tideborn_J - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they probley fixing it by time order east before west
  • fio03
    fio03 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    isabeal wrote: »
    *sings Why cant we be friends* hehehe we are all frustrated just do like im doing ..im driving my spouse nuts its kinda fun =P

lol my hubby decided to take a nap while waiting he cant log in I did get and I am afraid to log out now rofl
  • whoopwhoop12
    whoopwhoop12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You don't know that. You know that it took the GM some time to respond. You extrapolated the rest.

are u always these pissy or is it just cos u got took off the TW map mate? look i cant help that but u really do need to relax lol , if they really were bothered about us they woulda tried to deal with and/or let us know hours ago, thanks mate cya ;)
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    all the servers use the same program to log in so how is it i can log on to some and not others when there all running from the same launcher?

They have to produce a new build, propagate it across to all servers. It has to be installed and restarted. If one is up, chances are very good that the others will follow soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isabeal
    isabeal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh hush opey lol
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    are u always these pissy or is it just cos u got took off the TW map mate? look i cant help that but u really do need to relax lol , if they really were bothered about us they woulda tried to deal with and/or let us know hours ago, thanks mate cya ;)

Take care. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    ok u try runnin multiple servers and games and notice every little thing tht goes wrong stop QQing and get a life

my bad tht was to the wrong person ima stop typing im too slow
  • whoopwhoop12
    edited August 2013
    Take care. Have fun.

i always do Mr.Glen i always do :3
  • isabeal
    edited August 2013
    hehe <3
    edited August 2013

If this was a small thing i would be ok but this is a huge thing not as you say a small thing having about 75% of your population out of game is not a small thing and the people that update us here are not the people that are trying to fix the problem so a bit more comunication from them to us here would be a nice thing.
  • RedRosesX - Sanctuary
    RedRosesX - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    b:surrender GM fix it plz hope they give us 2x for this lol
  • _Warfox - Archosaur
    _Warfox - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok... I wasn't all that upset til my son just came home and logged on... first try!

I been tryin all day! f:cryf:strivef:despise
  • whoopwhoop12
    edited August 2013
    my bad tht was to the wrong person ima stop typing im too slow

now now opey that just wasnt very nice ill have to talk to u when i come on game ;)
  • whoopwhoop12
    edited August 2013
    If this was a small thing i would be ok but this is a huge thing not as you say a small thing having about 75% of your population out of game is not a small thing and the people that update us here are not the people that are trying to fix the problem so a bit more comunication from them to us here would be a nice thing.

finally someone on my wave length! b:victory
    edited August 2013
    They have to produce a new build, propagate it across to all servers. It has to be installed and restarted. If one is up, chances are very good that the others will follow soon.

I have been able to log on to some servers from the start of all this still not been able to log into the same one.
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    oh no not a few hours of everyone being forced to get a life wat has this world come to?.
    really its a game calm down its not life or death and i dont think a few hours is gonna ruin the population of the game
  • whoopwhoop12
    edited August 2013
    oh no not a few hours of everyone being forced to get a life wat has this world come to?.
    really its a game calm down its not life or death and i dont think a few hours is gonna ruin the population of the game

OPEY STOP THE QQING I CANT TAKE IT b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • vientoblade15
    vientoblade15 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when they will fix the problem? I tried many times and the problem continues,
    I am paying user where is the benefit of paying for the game took hours trying to play and the problem is, some people and others were able to get in because we can not????b:angry
  • isabeal
    edited August 2013
    but the world is gonna end opey we can t be online to torture you =P
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Actually, I'm only checking the thread here periodically to see who turns up. xD
    Anyone up for a little conversation?
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    god why no-one wanna naked pool party b:sad - sex n booze b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

probably cause being naked around and providing booze to 12 year olds is illegal
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    I have been able to log on to some servers from the start of all this still not been able to log into the same one.

Understood. But if one server is up, it means they have a candidate fix. They then transmit the new (very large) server software source to each of the sites. The engineers at each site then have to build and install the software, possibly reconfigure for their particular server, then start up. They probably have some "smoke test" diagnostics they have to run before opening the doors and inviting customers back in.

Some engineers may be much more adept than the others at getting this done quickly (or they may be okay with cutting corners).

btw I agree that they should've updated us, assuming there was anything to tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //acho// - Morai
    //acho// - Morai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've tried to log on the accounts i've been online today to check on some stuff on different accounts my husband and i use. Those accounts i still can log in. The accounts i haven't logged on today don't get logged in. It's all on the same desktop. b:surrender

I think that's an option to try for those who've been online earier...

Leaving my barb to stay overnight in realm, i'm going to bed now because it's almost 01:00 here in the Netherlands.

Wanted to share what my findings are with this issue.

Good night for all who are going to sleep and for those who do'n't...... Take it easy, it's the best for your heart. b:chuckle b:bye
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Actually, I'm only checking the thread here periodically to see who turns up. xD
    Anyone up for a little conversation?

i would love to spark a conversation does it have to PWI related?
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a server-side issue or a client-side issue? I'm confused why this only affects some users...I assume there's no existing work around? /me is finally done work for the day and wants to play!!!
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Shaiij - Archosaur
    Shaiij - Archosaur Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aw boo. Get home from work, sit down to relax and play aaaaand it's gone. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tideborn_J - Lost City
    Tideborn_J - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    olii dont like me QQ
This discussion has been closed.