[Maintenance Discussion] 8-13-2013 [Complete]

Options

Comments

• kingpickle1
    kingpickle1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Blessing of the Purehearted. Why revive someone when you can save them before they die? 2nd post btw. Just look at that number.
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sage break in the clouds would be more fun, I admit. Not just for the fact that it heals as well, also for the fact that the purify is a chance proc. Let's say you have some truly awful luck at some point. "Hold on, it'll work, just need to do this a few more... no, wait! Really! 21... 22..."

Not the r9r3 ****, but the cleric skill. b:laugh
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Not the r9r3 ****, but the cleric skill. b:laugh

...what did that have to do with R9R3? Sage break in the clouds is a mystic heal with a purify chance. b:question
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ...what did that have to do with R9R3? Sage break in the clouds is a mystic heal with a purify chance. b:question

Never mentioned anything about mystics anyway. I did say Purify. We were talking about skills, I don't see 'breaking clouds' being called Purify, so what does Sage break in the clouds have to do with the skill I would want. b:question

+ You said 'chance proc' I don't know.. but when I use purify on someone it always hits.. So yeah. :)
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    *watches all the BM's with their little purge poles*

GO PURGE POLE GO!

f:fan
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • uffda
    uffda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bramble Hood
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Never mentioned anything about mystics anyway. I did say Purify. We were talking about skills, I don't see 'breaking clouds' being called Purify, so what does Sage break in the clouds have to do with the skill I would want. b:question

+ You said 'chance proc' I don't know.. but when I use purify on someone it always hits.. So yeah. :)

I was making a reference to the earlier posts about it, saying I thought it would be more fun than just a straight purify. I assume you're thinking of purify spell instead, which is referred to by some as purify proc. Proc is short for process, which is basically a reference to anything which is triggered by something else. It's used to refer to things that only happen some of the time, generally determined by RNG. In the case of sage Break in the Clouds, 25% of the time you heal, you'll also get a free purify out of it, hence it being a "chance proc".

For reference...

●Break in the Clouds
    Target regains HP equal to 400, plus 35% of your basic Magic attack.
    Has a 25% chance to remove status ailments.

EDIT: Also, purify spell isn't exclusive to R9R3. It's also present on caster R8R weapons and on ☆☆Radiant Wand.
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I was making a reference to the earlier posts about it, saying I thought it would be more fun than just a straight purify. I assume you're thinking of purify spell instead, which is referred to by some as purify proc. Proc is short for process, which is basically a reference to anything which is triggered by something else. Generally it's used to refer to things that only happen some of the time, generally determined by RNG. In the case of sage Break in the Clouds, 25% of the time you heal, you'll also get a free purify out of it, hence it being a "chance proc".

For reference...

●Break in the Clouds
    Target regains HP equal to 400, plus 35% of your basic Magic attack.
    Has a 25% chance to remove status ailments.

Well.. I said Purify as in the cleric skill. And it isn't a ''chance proc'', so I'd rather purify on the first hit instead of using it a couple of times till it accually lands. Clerics ftw. b:victory

And for me it would be more fun to cure someone of cancer or some other desease on the first hit than letting them suffer more just cause I want to have fun casting the skill multiple times.
    But I guess that is just me.
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »

If you could have any skill (just 1), from any of the classes, to use in real life which one would it be?

Stealth... definitely b:cute
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle
  • daviddolceman
    daviddolceman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    What about using a makeover scroll? That would be awesome! :D
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Stealth... definitely b:cute

b:dirty Hey you
  • avelina69
    avelina69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well.. I said Purify as in the cleric skill. And it isn't a ''chance proc'', so I'd rather purify on the first hit instead of using it a couple of times till it accually lands. Clerics ftw. b:victory

And for me it would be more fun to cure someone of cancer or some other desease on the first hit than letting them suffer more just cause I want to have fun casting the skill multiple times.
    But I guess that is just me.

Don't forget that the Demon skill Comforting Mist(Aoe heal) Has a 35% chance to remove status ailments. Aoe purify ftw, sadly the chance to purify isn't as high as I would like it, but it does come in handy, especially in Warsong.
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    avelina69 wrote: »
    Don't forget that the Demon skill Comforting Mist(Aoe heal) Has a 35% chance to remove status ailments. Aoe purify ftw, sadly the chance to purify isn't as high as I would like it, but it does come in handy, especially in Warsong.

That is great, cleric purify 100% chance though. b:chuckle
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This week's question:

If you could have any skill (just 1), from any of the classes, to use in real life which one would it be?

SAGE
    BUBBLE
    OF
    LIFE!!!!!!!!!

f:hehe f:fan f:victory
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    SAGE
    BUBBLE
    OF
    LIFE!!!!!!!!!

f:hehe f:fan f:victory

That one isn't even that bad accually, would be great. AOE heal and 100% chance to purify, why haven't I thought of that. b:laugh
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Revive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aspergirl
    aspergirl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This week's question:

The archer skill Wingspan so I can aoe knock back people that are too close. Would be great for the times that i am in a grocery store line and someone is right on top of me, I wouldn't have to turn around and tell them to stop breathing that hot air on my neck. I could just use the skill without having to talk and they would, hopefully, get the idea.
  • Winged_italy - Dreamweaver
    Winged_italy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i choose the elves fly ability too :)
  • s3xyg4m3r
    s3xyg4m3r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    hehe me 2 xD
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    [
    Sage break in the clouds has a 25% chance of purify, and can be cast every 2 seconds, so you can only be 100% sure of actually purifying once in 8 seconds.

Demon comforting mist has a 35% chance of purify and can only be cast every 10.5 sec so it is only sure of happening once in 30 sec (or there abouts).

Purify can be cast once every 5 seconds and each time it will remove all negative effects on 1 target

Ask a tank intending to kill polearm which one he/she prefers.
  • fluxmaster
    fluxmaster Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Mystic's... Storm Mistress
  • Greandal - Dreamweaver
    Greandal - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    [
    Sage break in the clouds has a 25% chance of purify, and can be cast every 2 seconds, so you can only be 100% sure of actually purifying once in 8 seconds.

sry i must beg to differ, the 25% chance is not cumulative, i.e. each roll is independant, you are not EVER 100% sure to get a purify, i've personally witnessed that proc miss 14 times in a row.b:surrender
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    sry i must beg to differ, the 25% chance is not cumulative, i.e. each roll is independant, you are not EVER 100% sure to get a purify, i've personally witnessed that proc miss 14 times in a row.b:surrender

Whichever way you look at it, purify, the cleric spell is both faster and more reliable in removing negative effects
  • XKashiya - Dreamweaver
    XKashiya - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Revive.b:victory
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    [

Demon comforting mist has a 35% chance of purify and can only be cast every 10.5 sec so it is only sure of happening once in 30 sec (or there abouts).

Purify can be cast once every 5 seconds and each time it will remove all negative effects on 1 target

Ask a tank intending to kill polearm which one he/she prefers.

Sure. Do it on seeker, **** the purify, just QPQ it instead. Problem solved, and an easier fight.
    Also, if you need a reliable purify, sage bubble and cleric purify are your only options (unless you're a wiz, but we don't speak of your devilish base charms, cheaters). If you don't need it immediately, especially if you're multiclienting, I much prefer sage break in the clouds. You get your healing reliably, and without having to break it or consume chi at all, you get occasional purifies as well.

This.
  • eliottus12
    eliottus12 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I would definitely take assasin stealthb:thanksb:pleasedb:victory, could rob a bank without anyone seeing meb:surrender
  • Iiyranax - Dreamweaver
    Iiyranax - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Revive
  • Laurbieski - Dreamweaver
    Laurbieski - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sage Bubble of Life *Q*
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ironheart Blessing, so when I go out in the sunlight I can stack heal as I run from shadow to shadow QQ b:chuckle
    it should be because it is.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    eliottus12 wrote: »
    I would definitely take assasin stealthb:thanksb:pleasedb:victory, could rob a bank without anyone seeing meb:surrender

Only problem is you can`t pick anything up while in stealth b:shy