Server economy is down!

unnimeni
unnimeni Posts: 48 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Etherblade (West)
WTF? 15k for a token? 17k for a tele? 5mils for a 25 gold mount? wtf is happening with our lovely server?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nixiya - Morai
    Nixiya - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nothing wrong with economy
    not enough ppl buy packs = less tokens on server = price goes up
    on anni most likely most players will get fast free mounts so no wonder prices of mounts getting lower
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed with Nix, the demand for regular boutique mounts is down, people are awaiting ani mounts so thats a key contributor.

Tokens are nuts atm, but people are paying that price for them in desperate times b:chuckle

Hope your mount sells though azz b:victory
    it should be because it is.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    People set the prices. Tell them to stop being greedy.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

Will do that for sure, gunna have to get my friends to help me though, not to keen on challenging an army of vicious catshops O_O
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will do that for sure, gunna have to get my friends to help me though, not to keen on challenging an army of vicious catshops O_O

I'll help! o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    REVENGE OF THE LVL 1s!!!!!b:laughb:laugh
    in all seriousness tho
    token prices are high right now and i need crab herb teles and shardsb:cryb:cryb:cry
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Raujada - Archosaur
    Raujada - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People is doing the jolly jones coin quest more than buy golds, that's why the prices are so high. That's normal I guess, but it give the possibility to poor people to get something good without spend true money.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    edited August 2013

I'll help! o/

Well thats settled! I will take the 3 million to the left, you take the 3 million on the right >=)
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would LOVE to have your token prices right now. It would make my life easier.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well thats settled! I will take the 3 million to the left, you take the 3 million on the right >=)

On it >:D!
    I would LOVE to have your token prices right now. It would make my life easier.

'xD Bloody Merch!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    b:chuckle Considering the high price of Gold in AH, i think token is at right price atm.

b:shutup Shocking it didn't go up to 20k "yet" (giggles)
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    b:chuckle Considering the high price of Gold in AH, i think token is at right price atm.

b:shutup Shocking it didn't go up to 20k "yet" (giggles)

just wait ;)
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    our tokens are way beyond 20k each... we need a server merge!
    now, broken econemy + broken economy = broken economy. but with more people and the higher activity that will result in more fun, should motivate more players to buy zen, and THAT should be good for the economy!
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doesnt help when you have a couple of big spenders buying up the entire catshop stocks of tokens n hoarding it till they resell it for more like when tokens went up to 25k on RT :/
  • OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur
    OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would expect the price of tokens to increase as players purchase Joy luck packs for lucky coin engraves. I guess that will subside eventually but for now tokens will be less plentiful because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbski - Archosaur
    Barbski - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guys, I completely agree. Personal Consumption these days is a higher-than-average -- 71 percent of GDP. Importantly, personal consumption has stayed at about that level for the last several years. It's actually higher than it was from 2000-2007 and much higher than it was in the halcyon days of the 1990s. So if we're wondering who to blame for our crappy economy, we can't blame American consumers. Despite high unemployment and lousy wage growth, consumers are still spending.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

GM;s should start selling huge amount gold for cheap, if gold prices lower, then the prices of tokens going to lower and everything else.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited October 2013
    SweetieBot, server status update please ?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    SweetieBot, server status update please ?
    Sorry, I do not know what to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited October 2013
    this thread is so dead today...
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    GM;s should start selling huge amount gold for cheap, if gold prices lower, then the prices of tokens going to lower and everything else.

lol a stimulus package like in the real world? It is proven that it doesn't work. The only way to fix the economy is to fix the basics.

De-link 3 basic items from tokens, i.e. crabs/herbs/teles.

Implement like NW where each message is charged at fixed 10k and doesn't require tele, higher volume of worldchats means more drama and also more activities. Well people don't like drama, but then its all part of life.

There is no npc equivalent of crabs/herbs, maybe that should change, though you can get those from Divines but if i am not wrong they are only available for lvl 90 and above. So the gap between 75-90 need to be filled. Furthermore, being NPC pots means that the price is stable. Having stability is the key to improving economic activity.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2 days ago token price in RT is 25-30k each b:shocked

but tbh, with gold price 2 mills, ppl will think twice to buy packs. Before opening packs could be give more chance of profit. But now, even if you get 10 token of best luck from 100 packs we open, we still losing some coin. only shard, flyer and tome that worth to sell. others are ****.

so PWI need to upgrade the item that we can get in packs. for example put token of best luck is worth 10/20 mills not 5 mills. get rid of items that no longer worth to have. for example like anny packs, g14 OHT legging and helm. who want to use it consider now we can get g16 nirvana. uncanny or rapture chest from packs. seriously 2 years ago it worth 20 mills -50 mills but now its not even worth 1 mill cause of NW.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol a stimulus package like in the real world? It is proven that it doesn't work. The only way to fix the economy is to fix the basics.

De-link 3 basic items from tokens, i.e. crabs/herbs/teles.

Implement like NW where each message is charged at fixed 10k and doesn't require tele, higher volume of worldchats means more drama and also more activities. Well people don't like drama, but then its all part of life.

There is no npc equivalent of crabs/herbs, maybe that should change, though you can get those from Divines but if i am not wrong they are only available for lvl 90 and above. So the gap between 75-90 need to be filled. Furthermore, being NPC pots means that the price is stable. Having stability is the key to improving economic activity.

that would just cause less motivation to buy gold and the price of EVERYTHING going up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skydragonx7
    skydragonx7 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tokens price high because gold price high, gold price high because GM's made events n sales every week, so if u want gold price to get down ask GM to not give sale for at least 1 month, so gold price would be goin down for like 1 mill or less, after that make sale so token price will be cheap again b:chuckle
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tokens price high because gold price high, gold price high because GM's made events n sales every week, so if u want gold price to get down ask GM to not give sale for at least 1 month, so gold price would be goin down for like 1 mill or less, after that make sale so token price will be cheap again b:chuckle

Interestingly enough gold price is dropping hard atm, down 100k+ on selling in last 24h, buying down 200k in same time frame.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that would just cause less motivation to buy gold and the price of EVERYTHING going up.

Seriously prices will go down when there is less demand, thats economics 101. The motivation to buy gold is not from tokens, packers will be packers, when tokens were going for 10K on Archosaur server, the gold supply is still consistent.
  • Hempsmoke - Archosaur
    Hempsmoke - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    unnimeni wrote: »
    WTF? 15k for a token? 17k for a tele? 5mils for a 25 gold mount? wtf is happening with our lovely server?

i tell u whats wrong pwi could care less for Archosaur sever. they more worried about buying other ppls games so they can copy paste the code for new updates so that there are more glitches.