PV Opening

Options
WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
I am trying to do duo runs with my BM buddy. We both login dual client and supposedly we can start it 4 times. Well actually we always do manage to have everyone start it, but we still dont understand why. What we do now is
We make squad and go in.
Leader opens
At the end we abandon squad and go to town.
Someone else invites and we go in.
New leader opens ..... if possible......

Sometimes we just cant open so we go out reinvinvite and go in again. Repeat and swap leaders a bit until it works. I would just like to know why it was working or not. b:surrender
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Have the char you're going to open with invite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Have the char you're going to open with invite.

Thats what we tried yes.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Each time you will need a new lead to start squad. For each lead that starts the instance, that instance will be open to that lead for approx 20 minutes after leaving it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    PV can only be opened once per day per toon (twice if you get the shroud token). The leader of the squad does not have to open the instance, anyone that still hasn't opened for the day can do so.

It sounds like you are having issues either with not resetting the instance properly before going back in or you are trying to open it twice with the same character. Take turns opening the instance from each of the alts and you shouldn't have a problem. The 20min timer you get allows you to enter as many instances within that time and as long as you have someone to open the instance once there you should be fine to run it.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The trick is to always have the squad lead with a "fresh" instance. An old instance gets stuck with whomever was the last person in the squad.

With multiple people running the instances, it would be best for one person to the squad maker for the entire run. This person should "kick" all but one person from the squad at the end of a pass. Then, and this is the important part, they must pass lead to the last remaining person in the squad and then leave the squad themselves. This leaves the old instance with that other player and leaves the leader with a fresh instance with which to build a new squad. It's pretty quick and easy to reinvite all the people that were kicked by right-clicking on the "kicked" messages.

Having one person in charge of building the squads cuts down on mistakes which can eat up precious time.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Strange...

Yes i know how to resquad, i do that all the time. It doesnt seem to work exactly the same here as it does in other instances though. Oh well... ill keep trying.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Strange...

Yes i know how to resquad, i do that all the time. It doesnt seem to work exactly the same here as it does in other instances though. Oh well... ill keep trying.

PV works the same as any other instance, you must be occasionally botching something on the resquads.

Like lets say you're lead and start the first run, then a friend starts the next pass and gives you lead, after which you attempt to reset. It will fail because when you pass the lead of the instance that your friend started, as long as 20 minutes hasn't passed, you still have ownership of the first instance that you started and won't make a new one.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Even when the instance is reset, sometimes it can glitch and not start up with mobs when the opener take the quest for the first time that day. It has happened to me 3 times so far, kinda hard to send a ticket for this without a proper ss that can depict this. I notice this happens when you resquad (whether it's new people being added to the party or someone leaving) as the opener is taking the quest to spawn the mobs. It is this few seconds time frame when the system checks to see if everyone is within the level range, if people are added or if leave the squad, the glitch can happen and no mobs will spawn.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Even when the instance is reset, sometimes it can glitch and not start up with mobs when the opener take the quest for the first time that day. It has happened to me 3 times so far, kinda hard to send a ticket for this without a proper ss that can depict this. I notice this happens when you resquad (whether it's new people being added to the party or someone leaving) as the opener is taking the quest to spawn the mobs. It is this few seconds time frame when the system checks to see if everyone is within the level range, if people are added or if leave the squad, the glitch can happen and no mobs will spawn.

Never seen that happen, though if the opener leaves the instance or logs off before the mobs spawn, they won't spawn. I've had that happen a couple times when someone was too hasty. I've also once had an instance which did reset, which I was planning on opening with my character, not have the start quest be available to me. I had to invite someone else to open. I was able to open fine on my character later that day when I went in again after using the Morai token. Weird glitch.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    PV can only be opened once per day per toon (twice if you get the shroud token).
    Shroud token just allows you to enter Nixes for another 15 minutes. You still can only open once, so if you used your opening on the firt 15 minutes the shroud token wont allow you to open more. You'll need to use alts.
    Even when the instance is reset, sometimes it can glitch and not start up with mobs when the opener take the quest for the first time that day. It has happened to me 3 times so far,
    It happened to me only once ever and the odd thing was I was inside the instance. I had my veno open, started running through on my bm, had my veno leave the instance to not cause lag and as soon as she left all the mobs disappeared even though my bm had the instnace, had engaged the mobs, and she was still in squad.

What I'm guessing is happening is during your resquads sometimes the person reinviting has been the last person out in a previous run and therefore had the instance.

I personally always toss lead to my alt so they keep the instance and then always use the main to reinvite. Try having one person always get lead at the end and therefore will hold all your used up instances, and another char always do the inviting. As stated previously you can only open once a day per character and you need your Nix token active to open. Check timer on instaces when you enter to make sure its not a used instance.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory