R8, what to do with it.

Options
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
So like many people, I have my barbs full set of R8 sitting in my bank, due to the fact that I have R9s3. What did you do with yours? I would hate to npc it, and of course, you know it can't be account stashed. R8 is not cheap either(relatively cheap compared to R9s3 for sure), but not that cheap. So I'm guessing, either keep it for no reason, or npc it?

I'm sure this question has been posed before, but what is your take? Don't you think, being it cost a decent amount of money, there should be some kind of 3rd option other than npc or keep and waste space? It's been in my bank for 2 years.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    when you figure it out, tell me what to do with my g13 200m sphere :p
    you only purge once #yopo
  • XKamii - Archosaur
    XKamii - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Only thing it's really good for anymore is:

1. Higher grade APS pieces for those twitch fanatics.
    2. Def level weps

...Other than that, nothing.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    Options
    when you figure it out, tell me what to do with my g13 200m sphere :p

I hear ya on that one too.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Only thing it's really good for anymore is:

1. Higher grade APS pieces for those twitch fanatics.
    2. Def level weps

...Other than that, nothing.

lol @ Twitch fanatics lol
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I NPC'd them since I had low refines on them mainly anyway. Also, can always repurchase them for 1mil at the 1kStreams NPC =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I NPC'd them since I had low refines on them mainly anyway. Also, can always repurchase them for 1mil at the 1kStreams NPC =)

Yeah thats true. I'm going to guess that npc'ing is the way to go then. It would be nice to be able to break them down into matts for another toons R8, or at least matts for 2nd casting another toons R8.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    keep it for the looks, r9 is ugly. IMO r8 looks better than fashion sometimes. And if youre bored, you can always try to solo dungeons with your r8 gear and compare the time / pots used to a r9 run.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Troll with it. I can't be the only one that keeps a r8 +4 bow for trollery purposes. >.>
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I NPCed all of mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yeah thats true. I'm going to guess that npc'ing is the way to go then. It would be nice to be able to break them down into matts for another toons R8, or at least matts for 2nd casting another toons R8.

1. Get a ton of armors for 1m
    3. ???
    4. Profit!!

alright, they could make it so what you get is less than 1m so it won't be abused. but <1m... bleh. (and it could still be abused to get 4 sockets for cheap).

what I'd like to see is gear fashion made from other gear. e.g. I can destroy my g13 sphere and get the looks on the g16 sphere or r9/r9rr. g13 tt = b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I kept my full set of R8r, my bank space is maxed so 4 slots isn't a big deal. I've already had a few uses for it.... I would trade my r9rr for the R8r to make duels a tad more fair sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I still have my R8 pieces in bank for no particular reason. I used to have a R8 +10 Pataka but I used a Tisha on it for the lols and it's +9 now. My other two pieces are +7 but of no use.

Maybe I'll NPC them some day when I need space. I was among the first on my server to get R8 back in the days, it was hard work and I felt bad for just NPCing them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Mine is taking up space as well, I keep hoping that somewhere down the road they will take the not account stashable off it... I know, most likely wishful thinking, but I think like this... YOU are the one spend the money, and come on, let's face it, if it were not for OUR money in this game their salaries wouldn't be paid... So since YOU bought and paid for it, it should be yours to do with whatever you want. I for one am tired of spending MY money on this game to NOT be able to do with items what I wish to do with them... I play this game for MY enjoyment, not their pockets. So, I have chosen to not spend any more money of mine on this game. I have spent over $15,000 on this game and not anymore. They need to let us players do with the gear we buy or earn, whatever we choose to do with it. There are always other "free" to play games out there too. I am ready to check some of them out. Google Phillip Blood, he is coming out with a new game that will be revolutionary to the gaming world... Good luck Mr_Swiss.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Mine is taking up space as well, I keep hoping that somewhere down the road they will take the not account stashable off it... I know, most likely wishful thinking, but I think like this... YOU are the one spend the money, and come on, let's face it, if it were not for OUR money in this game their salaries wouldn't be paid... So since YOU bought and paid for it, it should be yours to do with whatever you want. I for one am tired of spending MY money on this game to NOT be able to do with items what I wish to do with them... I play this game for MY enjoyment, not their pockets. So, I have chosen to not spend any more money of mine on this game. I have spent over $15,000 on this game and not anymore. They need to let us players do with the gear we buy or earn, whatever we choose to do with it. There are always other "free" to play games out there too. I am ready to check some of them out. Google Phillip Blood, he is coming out with a new game that will be revolutionary to the gaming world... Good luck Mr_Swiss.

I agree. I farmed about 1/16th of my R9 the rest was purchased, except for some mog's which i merched and used dq points at the time to get them. My S2/S3, that was all merchanting and farming badges. I purchased all the molds from players running WS for me, but from all merchanted coins. My love up n down was merchanted and upgraded through farming. Once I got my R9, I decided it's time to just merch and stop putting coins in the game. I feel that at a certain level in the game, if you can solo most instances, then there is no need to put money in. Once I had a toon that can make me coins in game, there was no reason for me to spend any more. I'm still working on finishing my barb, so I made a sin that I'll use to make me coins too. But as far as the R8 goes, I feel there should be at least some sort of a break down of it, so we can at least benefit some from the money paid for it.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've been playing with my r8 pataka for like, 2 years now, so even though I don't use it anymore I still keep it. Might recast it for a laugh some day, cuz r8r patakas look perdy :3
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Troll with it. I can't be the only one that keeps a r8 +4 bow for trollery purposes. >.>

this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Even some R999+12 barbs keep R8r wep for def levels when pulling.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well, as far as I know this was a R8 discussion not R8r one XD I think we all agree that R8r has some useful stuff that shouldn't be overlooked.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Do what I did. I recasted my r8 and use it for pve and use my t3 nirvy and r9 for pvp... Just gotta get off me bum and finish my r9 .-.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Recast your R8, shard immaculate ambers, find a glowy gold weapon, 2socket and shard flawless ambers, stand at west with max graphics and glow gold
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive