looking for advice

Options
Sigtyr - Dreamweaver
Sigtyr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Psychic
on my genie. what type should it be, what skills should it have, yada yada. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
Post edited by Sigtyr - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Myzzery - Lost City
    Myzzery - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    on my genie. what type should it be, what skills should it have, yada yada. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

All genies have there uses but as far as skills go its mostly situational/preference you mainly should focuse on defensive skills for your genie. Look at the skills you want and the stats that enhance said skill and choose a genie accordingly
  • DarkElfNurse - Morai
    DarkElfNurse - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I am in love with this little Genie Calculator:

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=

It is pretty straight forward how it works, and it allows you to see the affinities you'd need, and what level and lucky points you'd need if you go for a certain amount of skills (and what level the genie needs to be for THOSE skills).

Another thing I advise is that if your first genie is less than perfect, if you are wanting to sell genies OR if for any reason you want more than one genie (I'm planning a normal genie and aoe genie for cleric), then level the spare one without buying skills. This saves on wasting spirit or whatever it is to buy them IF you get rubbish lucky points. It is also good if you decide to decompose the genie, you won't have wasted spirit this way either.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You should specify what purpose you're genie is to be suited for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You should specify what purpose you're genie is to be suited for.
    Also, search function is your friend - this topic has been discussed a lot in this subforum, so you could get some ideas from existing topics too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|