TW cleric genie help.

Options
Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Cleric
Haven't seen a recent thread and most of the threads in search were general genies or for new clerics. Even some of the "TW threads" had suggestions like Tangling Mire on your genie to use while in bb...

So I'm taking advantage of dead cleric forums and asking again :D

My gear and setup: My cleric is full G16 but only about +5. Currently I have no plans to go r9 for purify weapon since my casters all share their gear and its easiest to refine 1 set, although she does have r8. I've considered getting r8r weapon for def levels or purify proc, but currently that coin seems better spent increasing my defenses atm. I'm a pure mag cleric with only about 5.5k hp, although I don't yet have anything sharded. I keep rerolling my G16 is the issue and it has used up my cache of flawlesses from the old nirvana days. I'll increase my hp to 6k soon, full G16, pdef ornies and 1 pdef ring and 1 channeling ring. I'll calc out my cleric later with current G16 rolls.

My playstyle and TW needs: I've TW'd in the past on cleric in smaller factions against other smaller factions but recently joined a larger TW faction and so am trying to step up my game. I'm plenty experienced as I've TW'd on just about every class at somepoint and my BM has 3 years of TW experience, but I'm still finding my cleric's grove. I tend to be cleric for a cata/float squad.

I very much try to focus on heals, purify, and rebuffing but against some of the harder targets I tend to step in and debuff with seals then call the target. I probably attack more than I should, but it seems effective to just kill a target yourself while he's focused on others than to sit there and heal a squad while they DD.

I have a pve genie I'm very happy with, but am looking for a TW specific setup. I was thinking a medium vit (60 points) with as much magic as I can toss in there. Obvious skill choices seem to be Cloud Eruption, AD, Expel, and Holy Path.

I'd like Fortify or Badge of Courage, but not sure they'll be effective on a min str/dex genie. Any advice? I also would prefer reacting with Badge since if a sin pops on me I'm usually dead before the stun ends unless I can break it, but overall its probably better to predict stuns and use Fortify, right?

I use Second Wind now, as I think its a better option for low hp chars since ToP is often too late with the 3 second delay, but Second Wind seems like a bad option on a magic genie.

I'm considering EP. As I said above I tend to IH stack a teammate and then think "Why keep healing when I can just help him kill the person causing the DD?" It also would help in this moments of "everyone back to base to defend" and cata killing. Then again, an offensive skill on the genie means lacking a defensive skill.

Other skills/setups to consider? Advice on Badge/Forify/Second Wind on a mag/vit setup?
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Badge is only good on a high Dex genie, you will be disapointed on a Vit/Mag as it might fail when you really need to break the stun . As for your issues about sin popping out, you would have hard time to know exactly when they will pop up and time fortify properly as they are mostly in stealth during TW especially if their role is to kill one particular cleric . Using expel would be more effective against them while you try to get away from their attack .
    Second wind requires str to make it effective and you can use it as emergency heal which its something you can't do with ToP as you need to use it way before you have close to no HP, i would still choose ToP over second wind for a TW genie .
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    BoC will basically never work outside of a dex-y genie. In fact I'd say limit yourself to skills which work well without excess str/dex if you want a TW genie.

Windforce--chain this with flyer speed-up to go fast enough to catch your scattered squad

Windshield-mini invoke if your cleric can take enough damage to make it count.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My genie atm is Wind Force (starting Discipline genie skill), Holy Path, Absolute Domain, Cloud Eruption, Expel, Tree of Protection, and Fortify.

I'll admit to rarely using ToP (but when I do, it usually saves my ***, lol) and I wouldn't get it unless you have a good HP pool (12k+ buffed or something which I'm assuming you won't have on that cleric) and also admit to rarely using Fortify, but that's more something on my end.

Other skills you can consider-

Windshield- Damage reduction.
    Soul of Fire- tbh, I don't feel like clerics need this as much as other classes due to on-demand purify, but it can come in handy if your server has a bunch of spark spamming mages.
    Extreme Poison- More offensive option. You know what this does.
    Will Surge- Block mage seal/SoG/sin seal if you know it's coming. Situational.
    Adrenaline Surge- Block cleric sleep if you know it's coming. Also situational.
    Faith- Purifies you from status effects that can be puried and blocks incoming status effects. I honestly do not like this skill because you basically end up burning your entire genie to use it and, unless you're 105, it kinda limits what skills you can put on your genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hmmm well the TW genie I use, you can see in action in my TW videos, but I don't think thats the genie you need saku.

Just for reference, I have the following skills:

wind force -->fly faster = catch up with fast moving archers/bms/ and heal em)

belief -->remove hfs/aoe stun from bm/wiz and pop plume shell and resume healing squad... particularly if half your squad just got hfed, if you have belief, you can save your squad instead of just hitting expel and praying no magic comes your way; or hitting ad and waiting out the stun and also hoping your squad is ok without purify/heals during the hf; can also remove sleep (if enemy is retreating and you get slept, prepare to wait 20-30s while your team rushes ahead, cross fingers that they'll be ok...) and more uses. Once 105, a great skill to have I believe, particularly if, like me, expel is glitchy and sometimes fails to go off, or, if like me, you have really exceptional physical defense and don't need to worry about the sins popping out on you very much.

absolute domain --> no explanation needed

will surge --> this skill gets used offensively more than it does defensively. You use it when you go to hit a psychic or wizard mostly... on the lane of TW I usually defend, we come across particularly tanky wizards and psychics all the time, and so I occasionally dd on them, hence the need for will surge. You can probably get away with not having this one

holy path --> if you prefer healing from ground (which has pros and cons; pros = purify wep can save you better, and can holy path and heal/purify somebody faster than flying, cons = bms and barbs more likely to target you), speed is essential.

fortify --> since in TW you are usually busy healing you probably don't see the arcvher in the distance getting ready to stun you. blocking it would take very sharp observational skills. I tend to use fortify more to BREAK a stun lock (aka, get stunned, count to 2/3/5 depending on what you think stunned you), then clicking ironguard powder.

wind shield --> my genie specifically built to have 40 dexterity points; this means a 20% dmg reduction from wind shield; at low genie energy this skill is a lifesaver like no other skill. (40 dext also happens to make bump up wind force duration from 4.5 to 5.5 seconds, and fortify from 3 to 4 seconds anti stun, and extreme poison from 6 to 10 seconds duration. beautiful coincidence lol)

extreme poison --> the concession to offense. Used on very hard targets during a push where enemy is falling back, or on cata barbs.

For your genie I'd recommend probably the following, and I'm assuming you have 81+, not 91+.

-absolute domain
    -expel (you will use for sins archers bms barbs)
    -tree of protection (use for magic dmg when ad in cooldown; if I didn't have will surge on my genie I'd have this skill in use; qualifier: it only saves you if you have a good base hp pool, I'd say at least 10k unbuffed, or if you use it in advance of dmg you expect to take).
    -wind shield (use at low genie energy levels to reduce dmg)
    -holy path (to heal allies fast/escape fast)
    -wind force (to fly fast)
    -fortify (for breaking stun locks and ironguarding)

If you must have something offensive, switch out wind force for extreme poison, but once you get hooked on wind force, you'll have a tough time going without it. Hasten on wings + wind force = 5.5 seconds of holy path speed in air, and wind force on 100+ genie costs only fraction of the energy. For long distance travel wind force takes you there faster with lower genie energy costs; example, when switching lanes, or when traveling from your base back to middle of fight.

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • djrank
    djrank Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    AD- u know what it does + can stack it with an IG can be immune for 17 second from everything.

Will surge -well this somtimes can really help u if u see some people ( mystics,venos) casting their 59 skills ( parasitic nova ),(thickit )it can help u by not getting sealed . also if u predict when a cleric is going seal of god and use will surge this can be a life saver + gives u 90% dmg reduction ( only if u predict this one , but the other veno and mystic skills u can somtimes see the channeling and u can immediately use it )

extreme poison - can be more for an offence move 20 % mor dmg taken by enemy

Holy path- if u need to kite from someone or go closer to ur squad mates

fortify- can be either from breaking stun locks , or u can use it when u see a bm coming at u or seeing the roar channel ( but not really predictable)

these are the basic skills i hope u learned somthing ...