Best Class w/o Cash shop

Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi everyone!

I want to come back as a more casual player. However I don't really want to put too much money in the game. So I was wondering what others opinions are on the best PVE class for people not looking to put much into the game. (I'm not saying $0 budget for cash shop, but I don't want to dump 100's and 1000's of dollars).

Thanks for your opinions
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
Post edited by Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    any one of them. you can spend as little (time/cash) or as much as you want. try them all and see what you like
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vit barb

get into any squad, make money by not dying in NW, not have to do **** except run around gather mobs invoke roar stomp sundergeddon and let the DDs wipe them. This is the most work you will ever need to do in regular pve

Go into semi afk macro mode on bosses with devour+frighten+surf+random fillers combo

Best part: function just fine with nirvy T2 +4 with flawless citrines and +4 demon slaughter belt + swindler's necklace

every other class needs serious refines/gearing to be good.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vit barb

get into any squad, make money by not dying in NW, not have to do **** except run around gather mobs invoke roar stomp sundergeddon and let the DDs wipe them. This is the most work you will ever need to do in regular pve

Go into semi afk macro mode on bosses with devour+frighten+surf+random fillers combo

Best part: function just fine with nirvy T2 +4 with flawless citrines and +4 demon slaughter belt + swindler's necklace

every other class needs serious refines/gearing to be good.

I disagree. Clerics, barbs, seekers, and archers are all easy to get away with low refines. Archers all you really need to refine is the weapon especially in NW when you kill most people before they get to you. A low refined barb is mage food, simple as that, hell I kill low refined barbs on my sin, easily.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Id say just choose what you like.

If you were asking for a money maker to farm yourself to riches, id say APS class. If you really want to reach the top without CS Id say make a lvl 5 archer because they can fly to archosaur to become catshop ASAP :) You are however talking about casual. That sounds to me like dayly BH, cube, a bit of morai and maybe an FW on the weekend days. Any class can do this.

For casual PvE, you can farm your gear in morai while you can make some coins from the BH and cube. Ranged classes are the most suited for farming morai gear. Many of the mobs are anoying to kill mellee and aps classes want aps gear instead of morai anyway :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    A low refined barb is mage food, simple as that, hell I kill low refined barbs on my sin, easily.

f:hehe

must have been really weak barbs, my vit barb is pushing 25k hp 30k pdef and 6k mag def with no more than +5 on all my gear fully buffed with just r8r gear and oht mag rings. that is easy to obtain with a casual player. mages are a hassle if i am ganged up on, dph sins can be a problem, aps sins usually are not. if i get in a tight spot.. pot invoke roar alpha male and giggle as they scream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Barb, cleric and bm are always wanted in squads to farm stuff and good solo players also
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you are going to NW (pvp event, main source of coins, 20:00 server time which is quite late if you are in europe (1-3am)) I agree with Walpurga, a vit kitty that plays the role of a punching bag plus dig crystals will make quite a bit of money.

On the other hand, for pure pve (well, no NW) I'd say go with cleric. Everyone needs one and you can get away with lesser gear as most of the times you are not vital but mostly a pot saver. one of the most used skills, BB, hardly depends on your gear assuming that you can survive so you can stat a bit of vit to get more defenses.

if you really want to reach the top without CS Id say make a lvl 5 archer because they can fly to archosaur to become catshop ASAP :)

well, if you don't plan to wc you should make a cleric cause they can fly straight to archo. hell, even if you plan to wc you should make a cleric, fly to archo and get the levels from combining dragon orbs, you'll be 5 by the time you make your first 5*sb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    cleric and archer can both fly ? :D
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Yeah just clerics are better for catshops as they require no pots to fly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Yeah just clerics are better for catshops as they require no pots to fly

this ^
    however, if you lvl to 5 you can just put a few mag points XD
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this ^
    however, if you lvl to 5 you can just put a few mag points XD

Or make female toon and get some random dude carry you to Archo. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you aren't new to the game, it isn't hard to run/swim any class to Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Players who aren't new to the game just use a Psychic to summon their about-to-become catshop alts! f:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2013
    If you aren't new to the game, it isn't hard to run/swim any class to Archosaur.

even if you are new it's ok... my first toons walked from etherblade/swimmed from RT because I failed to much to realise I got tele scrolls. Tbh, walking from etherblade was FUN
    Players who aren't new to the game just use a Psychic to summon their about-to-become catshop alts! f:laugh

oh cool idea. now i'll offer a bit more for the summon book (but still way less than 5m xD)
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's all depend on what you're playing

Cleric, Mystic are expansive. Cleric tend to die a lot of their own heal if not careful and Mystic burn their mana fast

Easier time for Caster are Psychic and Wizard due to how hard they can hit, but may also lure aggro quite easy too. While Psy spells mainly affect Soulforce.

Melee toon are normally Seeker, they can take care of their live during mid and late game, thank to their Attack and Defend lvl control.

BM maybe fun and great aoe but those skills trees are what make them expansive late game, but it turn out well late game

Archer range fighter always a good choice and thank to their crit late game, but need to manage their own damage too and mana when using Barrage

Sin, early game is bad due to how squashy you are, easier in mid lvl, but turn out to be the best money maker in PVE and PVP thank to their drop debuff on other player and they can peep into other people bag too, plus their crit and fast attack rate make them an easy solo class in PVE but still need to keep their HP safe from explosive mobs

Barb one of the best tank or the best one to survive a long run in high lvl, but can be expansive on how high the repair cost he has to go through. People hate him in mass PVP due to that he need at least 3 to 5 people to kill a charm barb
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    psy would make a good alt. Summon for FC convenience or make a fee and sell yourself as a convenient teleport local.

ex TM 69 and the sort, Mid Grade Mats, Arch for those that can't get to a nearby city.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • starbritesky
    starbritesky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey all
    as a new player i was wondering about cleric and mystic...

I do not have tons of money to spend on gears, but i want to be able to do well in pve and at least get some coin in nw. which of these 2 classes would do better on a budget and which gears would be suggested?
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Go with the cleric in arcane armor. Clerics have it ten times easier to get into squads for stuff and farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    And as opposed to Arthursoul - Archosaur is saying, cleric is not expansive, expensive or explosive. It is one of the cheapest classes to play.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would go with veno to be honest. You said you wanna have fun in PvE and in NW, veno is good for both. Cheap and you can lol at noob sins faceroll their faces on your bramble hood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,