Really disappointed in PW staff

Kurose - Dreamweaver
Kurose - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Really, PW, really... you managed to disappoint me fully this time. Me who even if I'd QQ and not like some of the new changes you did with PW in the end I'd find stuff to like, and would always take your side, in the end, at an debate. You finally made me loose trust in you.. congrats.

For those who never read my last topic I'll say again with PW update:
My seeker finally leveled to 89 ( 90 now ) so I started her sage culti. Double checked the NPC name to make sure if the sage one, and clicked the sage option, after accepting the sage culti, I admit I didn't look at the content at first so just did culti as it was until I got to the FB part; there I noticed the tabs were from Eden.. only demons get Eden while sages get Brim.. in 4 years of PW I came to know this fully well. The moment I saw this error I stopped doing the quest ( did NOT do my FB ) and submitted a ticket and started a topic on forum. So even at this time ( 4th day ) I am NOT yet demon.
Last night I finally got a reply form PW.. guess what they said.. they are "sorry" but they won't do anything to help. So in the end they punish me , like they did with other people who had the same problem, YES I'm not the only one, there are other who ended the same like me.

REALLY PW..really.. you can't delete/reset a quest in my QUEST LOG? REALLY? so this culti is another quest that you messed up among other that I can't delete and can't finish since I'm missing NPC and other stuff but never QQ-ed to you since you already knew about it for years now...
So I have to suffer being a demon seeker just because you don't care to help, and have to camp FC to get to 100 fast and try to get to celestial ( and the culti needs lots of delta, aba/sot that are hard to get squads for, now days )not only that instead of sticking to my plan to get to 100 once I make g16 so I won't be a under geared pain in the *** in BH I have to get to 100 fast and buy from Boutique YOUR item to fix the problem you made... JUST BEACAUSE you can't delete a quest...

So yes PW from this moment on I'll stop believing in you.. saying you actually care about the player despite everyone's arguments... Congrats on loosing another ally. b:angry
Post edited by Kurose - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you trash the quest? Its been a long time since I've done it so I'm not really sure. If you can, trash it and try again.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. If push comes to heavy shove you can always finish it and go through the reversion quest. It is expensive but at least you won't have bought the skills and abilities yet so there's that cost you don't have to worry about.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Spiritual cultivation quests can't be trashed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I admit I didn't look at the content at first so just did culti as it was until I got to the FB part;

REALLY PW..really.. you can't delete/reset a quest in my QUEST LOG? REALLY?

JUST BEACAUSE you can't delete a quest...

Well, technically it is your fault for not choosing carefully and making sure you're on the right path so I sort of understand the GMs. They'd have more important things to deal with than someone who accidentally took the wrong quest.

I don't know if it really is possible to delete the Spiritual Cultivation quest given than it's old game content and most of us know that the GMs/Devs don't know much about the source code and are unable to make many or any changes to any content in the game prior TB expansion mainly (where you can see the code is different eg. quest items don't go in quest bag anymore).

Either way, there's not much of an option for your sadly but hit 100 and use the item to switch cultivations.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can have the demon tabs and sage culti quest in log, did you check that.
    Happened to me also i went sage on a toon and had fb eden tabs but I was still going sage XD
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP
    you picked sage but somehow have tabs for eden instead of brim.
    This could be an unexpected change/glitch after last major update will try to find out if anyone else having this prob in game.
    I do know what you mean, after choosing correctly for culti you have been given wrong tabs.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Easy to check if it the right culti or not. Which item did you have to dig, the one near Tusk Town (sage) or the one in Scorpion Valley (demon)?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you know they wont change it cause they want you to hyper to 100 (hopefully spending RL money) then spend 10 gold on celestial schism mold to switch to sage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, if you took the right quest, then just finish it. It doesn't matter what tabs you have, you don't need to use them f:meh
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, technically it is your fault for not choosing carefully and making sure you're on the right path so I sort of understand the GMs. They'd have more important things to deal with than someone who accidentally took the wrong quest.

I don't know if it really is possible to delete the Spiritual Cultivation quest given than it's old game content and most of us know that the GMs/Devs don't know much about the source code and are unable to make many or any changes to any content in the game prior TB expansion mainly (where you can see the code is different eg. quest items don't go in quest bag anymore).

Either way, there's not much of an option for your sadly but hit 100 and use the item to switch cultivations.

read again what he/she said
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013

Seems you didn't understand I said I looked at NPC name and first quest only not the rest.. for the rest I use the traking/auto path and not look at what the text said, not untill I got to the FB one and saw the tabs. so It's like this Go to Sage NPC Master Li - Sage Guide-> Be Elevated end up with -> Sacrifice

My fault is that I trusted PW since up till now never had the problem and I do have 4 toons 2 demons and 2 sages and I never encountered this until now...

you know they wont change it cause they want you to hyper to 100 (hopefully spending RL money) then spend 10 gold on celestial schism mold to switch to sage
    Yup I think so too that's why I quit being on their side. Even if other people that had the same problem said they got this reply from PW I still believed them till the bitter end.

On another note someone showed me that culti quests used to be deletable and if this path was ever deleted could have been taken again , it's in the pw database for quests.
    Since they made it so only the OHT culti can be deletable if you encounter this error.. you're basically screwed
    Easy to check if it the right culti or not. Which item did you have to dig, the one near Tusk Town (sage) or the one in Scorpion Valley (demon)?

True but I haven't leveled a toon in more then 1 year and have 2 sages and 2 demons.. who keeps track of where is what for the 2 paths? Like I said a bit up my fault resides in not checking everything PW gives me in culti text and just execute everything, but then again even if I noticed from the first point I'd still end up like this...
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's level 90.

Delete and do it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would just create a new character. It wouldn't take long to get to 89/90. In a couple of months I've made three new characters and with my work schedule and internet issues (IP is upgrading my area so my net has been horrible for a few weeks) the three characters are levels 78, 75, and 64 and thats without buying heads. I refuse to FC them.

But if you get a few heads runs 89 should be attainable in a few days. Just buy a few hyper from a catshop.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Seems you didn't understand I said I looked at NPC name and first quest only not the rest.. for the rest I use the traking/auto path and not look at what the text said, not untill I got to the FB one and saw the tabs. so It's like this Go to Sage NPC Master Li - Sage Guide-> Be Elevated end up with -> Sacrifice

Well, I never heard of such a glitch so couldn't have known :p a lot of people still accidentally choose the wrong NPC thinking it's the right one. You really sounded like you chose the wrong one since all you mentioned was the tabs, not the quest.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you talked to the right NPC, but got the wrong tabs, I would suggest you just carry on with the culti chain until you get your triple spark, that way you can see for sure whether or not you actually -did- get the right culti quest and just wrong tabs.

If you did indeed talk to the right NPC and got the wrong culti chain, it's unacceptable for PWi not to fix this for you.

Either way, thank you for bringing this up, at the very least this alerts us to the possibility that culti could get glitched in this way. I have a couple characters I need to demonify/sageify soon, so I will keep an eye out if something similar happens to me.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're misreading the tab.
    This is the sage tab: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13972

It is called "Call to Duty: Demons" not because it is a demon tab but because Sage kills demons and Brimstone Pit is a demonic instance.

Likewise the demon tab is called "Call to Duty: Celestials" because Eden is a heavenly place filled with various flowers and butterflies that it is your job as a demon to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Likewise the demon tab is called "Call to Duty: Celestials" because Eden is a heavenly place filled with various flowers and butterflies that it is your job as a demon to kill.

And huggy hares. Dont forget the celestial, sacred huggy hares.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who cares what FB tabs u get as the culti is clearly giving you sage quests anyway. FB =/= culti.
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Well, I never heard of such a glitch so couldn't have known :p a lot of people still accidentally choose the wrong NPC thinking it's the right one. You really sounded like you chose the wrong one since all you mentioned was the tabs, not the quest.

This 4 years that I have played PW and my 4 toons that I lv-ed, seeker being the 5th I had never encountered this, untill now.
    I kept saying I looked at the NPC named 3 times before clicking it then I clicked the right quest for sage. The only fault on my end was not realizing even if I clicked the right quest in my quest log I had demon. Sure I admit that, but pls don't say I'm stupid enough to not be able to properly read the NPC name/quest
    Like you I though the other people whit my problem or just the tab problem messed something up but didn't actually blamed them 100% because you may never know who's foult it is untill you see with your won eyes.
    You're misreading the tab.
    This is the sage tab: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13972

It is called "Call to Duty: Demons" not because it is a demon tab but because Sage kills demons and Brimstone Pit is a demonic instance.

I'm not misreading anything like I said even the FB is for demons since it's eden ... I know demons have to kill sages and sages demon that's why Eden = demon FB and Brim = sage FB

I will not remake the toon since I invested money and time on her if PW wishes for me to be demon I'll just sell my sage books and be a demon, even if I hate it, hope they are happy. But mined I say they are not getting any money from me even if I'll eventually manage to do full culti till celestial and change to sage.
    My disappointment of PW will stay and my free advertisement for them to the people I know or the internet will not continue untill I'll start believing in them again. Hope they are happy they lost free advertising for something so easy to fix.

That being said you can continue to call me stupid/air head or w/e and point to me saying it's all my fault. I just hope they fix this and no one will ever have my problem, let it end with me. But then again they never fix glitches do they.. like the missing NPC of quest that can't be trashed and that I will forever have in quest list....

With this case I learned my lesson never trust PW at all an always triple check everything.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    This 4 years that I have played PW and my 4 toons that I lv-ed, seeker being the 5th I had never encountered this, untill now.
    I kept saying I looked at the NPC named 3 times before clicking it then I clicked the right quest for sage. The only fault on my end was not realizing even if I clicked the right quest in my quest log I had demon. Sure I admit that, but pls don't say I'm stupid enough to not be able to properly read the NPC name/quest
    Like you I though the other people whit my problem or just the tab problem messed something up but didn't actually blamed them 100% because you may never know who's foult it is untill you see with your won eyes.

I didn't call you stupid, there's plenty of people who accidentally choose the wrong NPC.
    My ex game husband (quit game, hence the ex) accidentally chose Demon on his Seeker even though he knew which NPC is what since it wasn't his first toon.

What I said in my first post wasn't to imply that you're stupid but I was trying to explain why a GM would most likely not bother to help out with your request, which is irrelevant as of now.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    True but I haven't leveled a toon in more then 1 year and have 2 sages and 2 demons.. who keeps track of where is what for the 2 paths? Like I said a bit up my fault resides in not checking everything PW gives me in culti text and just execute everything, but then again even if I noticed from the first point I'd still end up like this...

It was a few days ago and I assumed you would remember at least part of where you went during it. They are quite different. But in that case I suggest you do what some others said, do the FB and pray it's just glitched tabs. As you said, staff refuse to take action so what do you got to lose? Btw, you said tabs are for eden, but are the quest for Eden too?

The quest for Demon should be kill:

Kill the Thousand Year Spirit
    Kill Ninetails in Eden
    Kill Phlebo in Eden

Sage would be:

Kill the Demonic Vexation
    Kill the Ethereal Abomination
    Kill Fats

If you got the Demon one then yes, your culti is most probably glitched if you're 100% sure that you talked to the right NPC. If you got sage one, then it's most probably your tabs that are glitched.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you talked to the right NPC, but got the wrong tabs, I would suggest you just carry on with the culti chain until you get your triple spark, that way you can see for sure whether or not you actually -did- get the right culti quest and just wrong tabs.

Nnnyes, pretty much my thoughts...
    My sage cultivation was a long time ago, but I could almost swear I remember killing Phlebo for it instead of Fats for whatever reason (I can't remember ever killing Fats for a reason that wasn't for a BH...), and I know the rest of the mobs were the right sage cultivation for certain.... and I remember my friend who was helping me being confused when I told them it was sage? Even though they knew I was going with that cultivation, aha.
    It was my first cultivation quest and I was looking at the on-site guide for the majority of it so yea...
    It's level 90.

Delete and do it again.

This post made me so sad 'cause it's totally true now, but back when I leveled... OTL.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Quite a lot of people have chosen the wrong culti, but there are a few that have chosen the right quest just to get the wrong quest. This bug is very old. They can fix the cultivation they are just choosing not too.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really, PW, really... you managed to disappoint me fully this time. Me who even if I'd QQ and not like some of the new changes you did with PW in the end I'd find stuff to like, and would always take your side, in the end, at an debate. You finally made me loose trust in you.. congrats.

For those who never read my last topic I'll say again with PW update:
    My seeker finally leveled to 89 ( 90 now ) so I started her sage culti. Double checked the NPC name to make sure if the sage one, and clicked the sage option, after accepting the sage culti, I admit I didn't look at the content at first so just did culti as it was until I got to the FB part; there I noticed the tabs were from Eden.. only demons get Eden while sages get Brim.. in 4 years of PW I came to know this fully well. The moment I saw this error I stopped doing the quest ( did NOT do my FB ) and submitted a ticket and started a topic on forum. So even at this time ( 4th day ) I am NOT yet demon.
    Last night I finally got a reply form PW.. guess what they said.. they are "sorry" but they won't do anything to help. So in the end they punish me , like they did with other people who had the same problem, YES I'm not the only one, there are other who ended the same like me.

REALLY PW..really.. you can't delete/reset a quest in my QUEST LOG? REALLY? so this culti is another quest that you messed up among other that I can't delete and can't finish since I'm missing NPC and other stuff but never QQ-ed to you since you already knew about it for years now...
    So I have to suffer being a demon seeker just because you don't care to help, and have to camp FC to get to 100 fast and try to get to celestial ( and the culti needs lots of delta, aba/sot that are hard to get squads for, now days )not only that instead of sticking to my plan to get to 100 once I make g16 so I won't be a under geared pain in the *** in BH I have to get to 100 fast and buy from Boutique YOUR item to fix the problem you made... JUST BEACAUSE you can't delete a quest...

So yes PW from this moment on I'll stop believing in you.. saying you actually care about the player despite everyone's arguments... Congrats on loosing another ally. b:angry

THAT'S YOUR FAULT NOT PWI CUZ YOU DIDN'T CHECK!!! and did you forget they switch things around? lol. sorry don't blame pwi b/c you didnt check!!!
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    THAT'S YOUR FAULT NOT PWI CUZ YOU DIDN'T CHECK!!! and did you forget they switch things around? lol. sorry don't blame pwi b/c you didnt check!!!

*rolls eys*

OP did check. OP stated that OP checked multiple times and received a Demon Culti quest from the Sage NPC

GMs are not able to change/start/end/alter quests. That I know. I believe it is possible to trash a culti, because I accidentally trashed my celestial sage culti (lol) and had to redo full delta. Are you sure you can't trash that culti?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013

They changed the ordering of quests on the npc's they did not switch npc's around, please use a bit of sense when posting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    *rolls eys*

GMs are not able to change/start/end/alter quests. That I know. I believe it is possible to trash a culti, because I accidentally trashed my celestial sage culti (lol) and had to redo full delta. Are you sure you can't trash that culti?

it can be changed and is not difficult to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, but this is all your fault. If you have played for 4 years, you should know perfectly where each NPC is, and you should had read carefully the path you were selecting.

The only way to fix this is to complete your cultivation, reach 100, become a fully fledged demon, and then use the schism to change cultivation.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, but this is all your fault. If you have played for 4 years, you should know perfectly where each NPC is, and you should had read carefully the path you were selecting.

The only way to fix this is to complete your cultivation, reach 100, become a fully fledged demon, and then use the schism to change cultivation.

Normally I would say the same thing, but after seeing first hand how this can bug I cant. A friend of mine had the same problem took the quest at the right NPC (I was there beside her) and it still gave the wrong quest. She put it a ticket right then and it was fixed a few days later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your best bet for anything to happen would be to create a Quality Corner topic regarding this glitch, such that you can provide steps, as well as screenshots, to reproduce the glitch. Evidence/screenshots help tremendously.

Other than that, there really isn't any other option unfortunately other than to level to 100 and finish your final cultivation to get the Celestial Schism to switch cultivations.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That is unfortunate but why can't you just do the cult then switch to sage using the Celestial Schism you get at 100?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132