CrossServer|ServerHopping

Options
KingThis - Heavens Tear
KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
To put it simply after 4+ years I'm sick and tired of seeing the same 10 faces in PvP.

PvE just isn't entertaining anymore for me (that goes for many others), after 4 years... C'mon rolling the same instances over and over i could do this B/S with my eyes closed...

What i'm asking for is, please push china to give us Cross Server PvP|Server Hoppingb:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
Post edited by KingThis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It has nothing to do with china on this part.
    It's been stated many times before it's hard to implement such a feature due to the structure of servers/databases.
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It has nothing to do with china on this part.
    It's been stated many times before it's hard to implement such a feature due to the structure of servers/databases.

They have combined the EU servers because they were built to share the same name database iirc and it was much easier the way they did it. The way things are right now only certain servers could merge together based on the name databases and how they were set up. Not impossible but alot of hairy work is involved.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Maybe not being on a PvE server would help your cause. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Cross server hopping would definitely make the game sooooooo much more interesting. There will b lots more JUICY DRAMA.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Defiantly SvS will be really fun to do & as the current end-game gears have given so much power to the players that PvE has become a joke now atleast the power will be utilized properly in PvP/TW/NW/Tourny & SvS. Also it will be do more business for the company more competition=more cash shop for end-game gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Gonna borrow this thread for a question of my own on this subject. IF we get SvS wars, will Morai server be able to take part of it? Since my guess is that any SvS action will be during NW and I have a feeling no US server would wanna do NW at a time suitable for us Europeans I guess we will be excluded. What do you guys think?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Because of the event times it would be limited to West Coast, East Coast, Europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Because of the event times it would be limited to West Coast, East Coast, Europe.

So I'm most probably right then, there will be no SvS wars for Europe :(
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • jlittle
    jlittle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    To put it simply after 4+ years I'm sick and tired of seeing the same 10 faces in PvP.

PvE just isn't entertaining anymore for me (that goes for many others), after 4 years... C'mon rolling the same instances over and over i could do this B/S with my eyes closed...

What i'm asking for is, please push china to give us Cross Server PvP|Server Hoppingb:cry

aww.. cant find any new friends to play with since your escapades with Radiance? Maybe its not the need for x-server PVP thats the problem.
  • Psychicology - Raging Tide
    Psychicology - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I would love for this to happen just to be a part of the chaos the markets would become for the first few hours/days before stabilizing muahahaha b:laugh
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So many players would return...
    more active players...
    new faces from different servers meeting/friending/hating/etc...
    more ideas to arise...
    more fun?..

Think about all the events that can come to be.
    Massive PK Fests is for a fact going to be at least once a day lol. More GS, Charms... more $$$ for pwi b:bye huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Guess u can dream...but it still aint gonna happen
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It must happen~ The Realm Depends On It!b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Gonna borrow this thread for a question of my own on this subject. IF we get SvS wars, will Morai server be able to take part of it? Since my guess is that any SvS action will be during NW and I have a feeling no US server would wanna do NW at a time suitable for us Europeans I guess we will be excluded. What do you guys think?

Jesus tapdancing christ. EUs QQ their way to their own server and are just itching for something new to cry about.

KT why did you implicitly exclude the morai server from your request?

Im going to put in a call to god to make the earth flat so it will be the same time everywhere and the laws of physics can stop being such an inconvenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aretsuku
    aretsuku Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

easy solution, play another game x.x you don't have to play the same game after 4years, any game will get boring
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Jesus tapdancing christ. EUs QQ their way to their own server and are just itching for something new to cry about.

EU`s qq as much as americans are ignorant. oh the balance :)

i would love SvS, if they ever implement it, they can simply add different timeslots per weekend but every player can only attend one. sounds easy, right? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited July 2013
    Options
    wrote:
    KT why did you implicitly exclude the morai server from your request?

Im going to put in a call to god to make the earth flat so it will be the same time everywhere and the laws of physics can stop being such an inconvenience.

Gosh that's totally my fault i shouldve included them with Bold/italic/underlined letters somewhere in my post :(b:shockedb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Cross server hopping would definitely make the game sooooooo much more interesting. There will b lots more JUICY DRAMA.

They would make you do 1 of 2 things like *another Pay once to play mmo* does to change from NA to EU region:

1. Delete ALL toons and transfer to other region for free

2. Pay a hefty fee($$ - depending on server population, maximum $20 or so for highest population servers) and transfer there.
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    EU`s qq as much as americans are ignorant. oh the balance :)

i would love SvS, if they ever implement it, they can simply add different timeslots per weekend but every player can only attend one. sounds easy, right? :D

problem is eu server is way too outgeared and outnumbered
    if you think our factor players can be enough to stand a challenge, bare in mind other servers have at least 2x our number

i mean we dont even have a single josd veno ijs

what could be cool is SvS but with 2 servers per side, this may allow to balance it a bit... but no idea if it can be ever implemented...
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

And because of name dbs it would be restricted to West Coast, East Coast, Europe, and Dreamweaver, because for whatever reason DW has its own.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lost City and all east coast servers (and Morai, since the EU merge) all have their own name server. Right now, only Heavens Tear, Sanctuary and Archosaur are on the same name server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lost City and all east coast servers (and Morai, since the EU merge) all have their own name server. Right now, only Heavens Tear, Sanctuary and Archosaur are on the same name server.

OOooooo that would be interesting. I wouldnt mind hopping to those servers since I DID come from HT...b:shutup
    edited July 2013
    Options
    NvN (SvS) NWs would be epic... like 1000 players vs 1000 players... geez!

or

if they cant do server hopping with the new servers why not have an open world instance/server where players can freely join from all servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    NvN (SvS) NWs would be epic... like 1000 players vs 1000 players... geez!

or

if they cant do server hopping with the new servers why not have an open world instance/server where players can freely join from all servers?

oo. then i can meet my counterparts dish, netflix, hulu, dialup, directtv.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • LittleAngeI - Harshlands
    LittleAngeI - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    it would balance the markets over all servers if serverhopping was possible :D