Favorite moods?

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
I'm running behind on evolving my pets. PWI timezones are not very US friendly so I rarely get into Lycaeum of Cultivation (obviously teasing the people who Q.q about TW/NW being non time-zone friendly when really its a personal scheduling issue, as everyone has different preferred game play times). I have a family so I rarely get online till they're in bed which is around 1-4am my time (server time).

I didn't get into Lycaeum for a few weeks and then made the unfortunate mistake of thinking the "level pet" using feral stars option was how to evolve and fed away my stars. So I'm just getting into researching moods.

I got Cautious, which I'm sort-of happy with. The skills added are Unyielding (inc def leve by up to 16) and Spirit (unable to be targeted by players in pvp. As this is the dino and a pve pet Spirit doesn't do me much good so I dunno really.

Anyway, I've not been in veno forums for a while and have kind of missed opinions on what people think of what skills for different kind of pets. So what are your favorite moods/skills for different pet types:

PvE Tank:
PvE DD:
PvP:
Air:
Water:

Also, have any evolved forms made you change from one pet to another (besides the Legendaries)

Radical looks to be my best bet right now.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PVE tank: something with Howl, plus either Unyielding, Regeneration or Self-Healing
    PVE DD: Brilliant is probably best
    PVP: Probably the one with Spirit and Ghost
    Air: There's one mood skill that does triple damage on airborne targets
    Water: Haven't looked into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PVE DD: Brilliant is probably best

You talking about the venomancer or is this an actual mood?

Confident is great for Celestial Giant, maybe overkill on aggro.
    Righteous would be great for Imperial Skeleton.

Water depends. Fantastical Angelfish has an awesome exclusive skill that would benefit from a dd enhancing mood, but this pet also benefits good from defense as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013

PvE Tank:
    Confident - it comes with two AOE aggro skills
    Hopeful - self-heal and AOE aggro skill
    Mischievous - tidal protection skill and AOE aggro skill
    Selfless - self-heal and AOE aggro skill (what my Giant has at the moment)
    Stalwart/Staunch - self-heal and defence self-buff

Personal favourite would be Selfless. Howl is a more reliable aggro skill than Provoke but I don't know how Self Healing and Regeneration compare to each other in terms of best self-heal. Pretty much one is instant and the other is heal-over-time.

PvE DD:
    Bright - spam-able fire damage attack and 30% more damage on monsters
    Fair - increase attack level and 30% more damage on monsters
    Righteous - increase warding & slaying level and 30% more damage on monsters
    Sensitive - accuracy buff and 30% more damage on monsters (what my Harpy has at the moment, probably works nice for pets that melee, Harpy's magic DD mostly)

Personal favourite is Righteous. Aiming to get that on Harpy and Imperial Skeleton. Anything with Wraithslayer will give a good bonus on your pet's attack. There are more moods that include Wraithslayer but I find the secondary skill less useful.

I choose Demon Hunting over the other skills because it increases both attack and defence a little (warding/slaying in this case).

PvP:
    Anything with Ghost or Mind, it is a necessity for the pet to be able to survive in PvP unless you have the Monkey which has damage reduction from its exclusive skill thus allows room for other moods.

Personal favourite would be Valiant (what my Phoenix has at the moment) and/or Earnest. Both come with Mind (55% damage reduction - not affected by skill level plus a small increase in attack and defence - affected by skill level).

Valiant includes a permanent anti-stun while Earnest comes with "unable to be selected by players for x seconds".

Air:
    There are skills that deal triple damage in the air but I haven't looked much into it.

Water:
    Same comment as above.

Also check this thread, a discussion started about what pets became more useful or got replaced.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SanChan - Heavens Tear
    SanChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need Infos on the skill Wraithslayer, the description in game says:

Increase Skill damage by XX% when attacking monsters.

The Question now is, does the damage only increase for skills or autoattacks aswell?

Ty in advice :D
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need Infos on the skill Wraithslayer, the description in game says:

Increase Skill damage by XX% when attacking monsters.

The Question now is, does the damage only increase for skills or autoattacks aswell?

Ty in advice :D

It is invigorate just like the mystic skill; it only works for skills.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • mindiez
    mindiez Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i am just wondering, after acquiring the mood skills, how do u increase the skill level?b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mindiez wrote: »
    i am just wondering, after acquiring the mood skills, how do u increase the skill level?b:thanks

Only by re-rolling the mood and hope to get higher levels.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★