Lyceum of Cultivation, AOE not always effective

Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Quality Corner
In the lyceum, you can't target the guards directly unless you're PVP. That's already a declared issue.

But the PVE workaround is to use AOE attacks on the hidden [?] mobs in front of them.

Sometimes, this doesn't work; and the guard doesn't activate / switch mode.
"Attack them again" isn't a sufficient workaround, given the relatively long cool-downs of the AOE skills.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've long given up on them fixing this and I just afk until the end.

After looking at the rewards list, I don't think I would ever bother to do much even if they did fix the PK mode thing. It says you need over 400 points to get the next higher reward and the amount it listed was not far enough above what I already get to make me bother lol.

But as far as the AoE, I'd assume that it was not intended to be AoEd so they won't care if that doesn't work. At this point it is just broken for PvE players and possibly always will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, they really should fix it, it's really annoying.
    I also agree with Annalyse, I don't really care about the rare book rewards, so I go until I fail a wave, then afk til it's over.
    If that's really how they want us to play it, they did a pretty poor job on the instance.

One trick I use is, when mobs are starting to approach a guard, I aoe the mobs; if I time it well enough it'll activate/switch a guard or switch the puffbird, so I might miss a couple mobs, but it's better than nothing.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The instance is nearly impossible to do in PvE, but I'm willing to give them a little more time to fix it as its only been out for two weeks.

I have to agree that the rewards just aren't worth the extra work (especially when the arrival warning lies to you about the resistances) I would like to get a new claw scroll since the upgrade system left my clawed wolf obsolete b:angry, but the chance is very low and 4 more feral stars is quite a paltry reward for the effort it takes not to fail on the first few waves, even in PvP mode.