Which packs are popular?

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Just wondering which cash shop packs people buy and why.

I know the newer ones are always slightly more popular but I'm looking more for an answer as to why people would buy and open older packs.

Any input is helpful. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If its anything like on RT the packs on sale are popular due to the people that sell tokens for way too much. Buy a few sale packs and possibly get something you can use or sell plus enough tokens to tell the overcharging catshops to shove a watermelon up their ****

New packs for those that want the off chance they get something like a PWI powerball winning ticket, but those folks tend to sell their souls for pixels anyway.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm looking more for an answer as to why people would buy and open older packs.

1) wanting a specific item
    2) superstition: "tigers are extra lucky"
    3) ignorance "I opened 99 packs so the next one wont be token cause the item i want has 1% chance to get"

one could argue that some older pack has greater average return value but I doubt that someone that calculated the average return value will be opening packs.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imo, Anniversary Packs [when available] are packs people will horde after the most since it has a slightly better chance at Scroll of Tome. Snake Fortune Packs are probably second most popular due to the near impossible chance of getting Crown of Madness. After that, probably those with highly sought after Fashion or Aero.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    one could argue that some older pack has greater average return value but I doubt that someone that calculated the average return value will be opening packs.

b:chuckle

Surprisingly people still play NY lotto even though they know they only get about 40% back of what they spend.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Surprisingly people still play NY lotto even though they know they only get about 40% back of what they spend.

I keep 1 Anniversary pack in my bank to remind me never to buy packs again b:chuckle
    On my last day in PWI I'll open it and give whatever I get to the first person online on my friends list XD

I'm guessing Snake and Anniversary packs are probably the most popular; if I was a pack selling catshop those would be the ones I would stock.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The people that need to go the forum don't. The people that need to play the game and stop spending learning everything on the forum don't. Go to west Archosaur and see for yourself which packs are popular.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The ones with dragon orbs i guess. They are the only ones i open myself because surely its a gamble to get the +12 like all packs are a gamble. But at least i spend ~200k-220k for a pack and worst case i get 160k value fom 2 1* orbs. These are +EV when they are on sale.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Each type of pack has certain % probably of dropping things. Some packs fair better than others with the chance at the items. You only need to look at the pwdatabase to find out the % of items on each of the packs. I also open packs that have Aerogear I want on teh slight chance I might get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired