Spirit Foxform quest in revamped SoT

Options
Mayfly - Dreamweaver
Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
Yesterday I helped a friend with the portion of the spirit foxform quest in Seat of Torment, and with Sanzi.

There are two steps needed to be done in SoT: reach the NPC Tien Yan, and kill Withered Revenants, both located in the Hell Trap section. To reach Tien Yan, you must navigate a stream of trap orbs generated by a trap generator, and deal with a group of mobs (4 withered revenants, 4 of a melee mob whose name I forget, and a roamer mob that hits pretty hard) just beyond the generator. I recommend taking out the generator using range skills and ranged pets; pets can also be placed in front of you to screen you from some of the orbs. If you're teleported back to the entrance by a purple orb, the trap generator does not regain health. Avoid using noxious or nova, as these may aggro the mobs.

After killing the generator, you can pull and kill the mobs one by one at your leisure. It may be possible to leave the revenants until after the NPC is spoken to, as they are further back than the rest of the mobs, but we killed them first.

To kill the requisite number of revenants for the quest, merely repeat the above procedure as you proceed further into the dungeon. There are more than enough revenants remaining to complete the quest step.

On Sanzi, my celestial giant tanked through most of it, with a second and eventually third veno helping heal. (I can not, with my current gear, solo heal on this boss; he hits very hard... he was taking over 7k from reflect, which apparently isn't affected by the anti-melee buff.) Note: key to surviving the AOE is high pdef and/or high HP; with 7kish HP in Morai G15 heavy gear, I survived the whole fight even when everyone else died, while the other venos (6kish HP arcane built) died with the other arcanes in the AOEs (the other heavies (a BM on first attempt who left, then a seeker and eventually a barb friend missing some gear pieces) would survive until my giant died; I would jump into the pond as soon as it was clear I couldn't get my giant back in the fight (meaning, after the other heavies had died), resetting Sanzi.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
Post edited by Mayfly - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just going to add that if you tab > select the glowing things and attack them once they disappear. That way you can "kill" the purple glows to avoid being teleported until you reach the generator.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★