Be kind to your clerics.

Options
Untamed_pain - Archosaur
Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Cleric
The other day on my cleric doing abba with friends and randoms...3 people die in the rocks. and i was one of 2 clerics. the other went ahead with the rest who didn't die...and this one sin kept saying rez me!!! heal me!!! buff me!!! None of them charmed of course. i had to somewhat say hold your horses cuz i was trying to keep rezzing 3 people til they made it out. potting myself as i kept rezzing...

Now my thing is be kind to the cleric's who are saving/rezzing your *** we can leave you for dead!! My cleric does have sage rez so no exp loss. But people need to be a bit more patient to. i do have patients with people. Now i rezzed and healed him but to me buffing would be useless if he died again a few seconds later...

Be kind to your cleric's or it can come back to bite you in the *** b:victoryb:b:chuckle
untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
and loads of other alts...
Post edited by Untamed_pain - Archosaur on

Comments

• Aedric - Lost City
    Aedric - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The other day on my cleric doing abba with friends and randoms...3 people die in the rocks. and i was one of 2 clerics. the other went ahead with the rest who didn't die...and this one sin kept saying rez me!!! heal me!!! buff me!!! None of them charmed of course. i had to somewhat say hold your horses cuz i was trying to keep rezzing 3 people til they made it out. potting myself as i kept rezzing...

Now my thing is be kind to the cleric's who are saving/rezzing your *** we can leave you for dead!! My cleric does have sage rez so no exp loss. But people need to be a bit more patient to. i do have patients with people. Now i rezzed and healed him but to me buffing would be useless if he died again a few seconds later...

Be kind to your cleric's or it can come back to bite you in the *** b:victoryb:b:chuckle

Well, that shows the difference between the ones who have or actually play a cleric and have a brain, and the ones who do not.

After you play a cleric you discover that with them, it is not all about multicoloured healing spells.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Now my thing is be kind to the cleric's who are saving/rezzing your *** we can leave you for dead!!

if you leave someone dead you are a fail cleric that can't see beyond her emotional nose and play for the benefit of the squad. on the other hand, I don't need a reward to be nice to people and that sin was another fail b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    if you leave someone dead you are a fail cleric that can't see beyond her emotional nose and play for the benefit of the squad. on the other hand, I don't need a reward to be nice to people and that sin was another fail b:chuckle

If they can't make it through the first part of Aba; let them go to town. It's not like they were deep in, or the rest of the squad that can do their job isn't busy fighting mobs.

I'm tired of seeing Lvl 103's that can't make it through w/o extreme babysitting, or people that have 4 gear slots empty.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol, i have not left no one dead. I'm to nice for that. but still. and ive played my cleric over 2 year and isn't powerleveled so i do know how to play her unlike alot of clerics these days.

but my thing was just be nice to the clerics and don't demand anything. i rez, buff, heal etc just don't demand it or tell me how to play my cleric.

Yes my veno is my main but i consider my cleric my other main
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Not being able to make it through the rocks is just a plain lack of being able to read a pattern and time holypaths to make through. A 99 veno with 4k hp made it through without dieing once. Its really just sad that some ppl forget to use the brain. Yes, i know.. we all want to be a 5 aps'er that uses a macro so we can be brainless these days but i think.the rocks is one of the best adds in this update. It has saved me from fail ppl cuz they leave after dieing 4 times. I wont sit and rez u 6 times and let my charm tick.from.the rocks so u can make it.. yeah ill rez u once or twice but babysitting u is something i wont. If a tt90 veno with 4k hp can make so can u ijs.
    Ik this sounds mean, but i refuse to save fail ppl over and over. Sorry, go farm TT like i had to and try later.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sorry, go farm TT like i had to and try later.

they cant, pwi put those evil handsb:cry b:chuckle
    edited July 2013
    Options
    they cant, pwi put those evil handsb:cry b:chuckle

Oh yea.. thats right.. it takes brainpower to think of when to run when hands go boom.. ig pwi was trying to prepare us for the rocks... it failed :(:(:(
    We arw doomed to be in Tt90 forever! Nooooooo
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Oh yea.. thats right.. it takes brainpower to think of when to run when hands go boom.. ig pwi was trying to prepare us for the rocks... it failed :(:(:(
    We arw doomed to be in Tt90 forever! Nooooooo

tt90 is for cashopers, we only have morai armor/weapon and evasion orns [true story]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tt90 is for cashopers, we only have morai armor/weapon and evasion orns [true story]

Pro heals with moria weapon... so pro
    And evasion orns are for when we tank stuff with our moria weapon duhh!
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Pro heals with moria weapon... so pro
    And evasion orns are for when we tank stuff with our moria weapon duhh!

to be fair, that cleric healed better and had more patience to stick with the squad in difficult situations and wipes than some r9rr metal mages that give up in the first try in hellfire the first date after the update XD
    edited July 2013
    Options
    to be fair, that cleric healed better and had more patience to stick with the squad in difficult situations and wipes than some r9rr metal mages that give up in the first try in hellfire the first date after the update XD

That as well seems to be the case.. the undergeared cleric (not saying moria is bad it has some positives but to r9rr its way undergeared) seems to do better with less.. i have even began makinf tt90 weapons to give to such good clerics with below par weapons... and that i think are above par clerics
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Rocks are magic damage so technically buffs would help, but not saying its something that should be done while being pelted with rocks. Wellspring, IH, wellspring... And I get a kick out of how many people expect others to be charmed for PvE things. No one should ever need a charm for a BH, lol.

I have a quick story. Was dualing on my barb and veno in Aba the other day. We cleared to the boss without a cleric and then WC'd and WC'd and WC'd for one. Nothing. Squad didn't want to kill puppet clericless even though we had paint. Four people died in the rocks, 2 of them released and made it through the second or third time but 2 just stayed dead.

We continued to WC with no results, so I offered to switch my veno to cleric for puppet if I could then swap back for BH boss. I handed my barb my AA gear and swapped. I entered the instance on my cleric with like 2.6k hp and like 3 pieces of gear and an old tt90 glaive because my barb was at the boss with my gear. I managed to not only make it through but to rez the two people also. Got my gear at the boss and all went fine.

As a cleric and barb I'll often stay at the start and help people through. Barb gives them the hp buff which might allow one or two more rocks. If you have a mystic or DDs with paint let them go ahead and clear the mobs. None of them hit hard, its just when they accumulate its a problem. I like to stay at the start and buff and stack people to help them through. Taking 2 minutes to do that can often save me from having to rez or wait at boss or walk back from the boss to help them. In addition, if you're on of the players that can't make it get into Aba early to get buffs and cleric help before they move on into the instance.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    if they die to rocks let them go to town and if they refuse to do that then w/e not like they were any use to the squad.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Rocks are magic damage so technically buffs would help, but not saying its something that should be done while being pelted with rocks. Wellspring, IH, wellspring... And I get a kick out of how many people expect others to be charmed for PvE things. No one should ever need a charm for a BH, lol.

I have a quick story. Was dualing on my barb and veno in Aba the other day. We cleared to the boss without a cleric and then WC'd and WC'd and WC'd for one. Nothing. Squad didn't want to kill puppet clericless even though we had paint. Four people died in the rocks, 2 of them released and made it through the second or third time but 2 just stayed dead.

We continued to WC with no results, so I offered to switch my veno to cleric for puppet if I could then swap back for BH boss. I handed my barb my AA gear and swapped. I entered the instance on my cleric with like 2.6k hp and like 3 pieces of gear and an old tt90 glaive because my barb was at the boss with my gear. I managed to not only make it through but to rez the two people also. Got my gear at the boss and all went fine.

As a cleric and barb I'll often stay at the start and help people through. Barb gives them the hp buff which might allow one or two more rocks. If you have a mystic or DDs with paint let them go ahead and clear the mobs. None of them hit hard, its just when they accumulate its a problem. I like to stay at the start and buff and stack people to help them through. Taking 2 minutes to do that can often save me from having to rez or wait at boss or walk back from the boss to help them. In addition, if you're on of the players that can't make it get into Aba early to get buffs and cleric help before they move on into the instance.

thats my point, if your 2.6k part gearless cleric can rez, and get through why cant a full geared atleast 5.5k hp player do it. Its just that are not thinking. I see it if they cant make it though rocks, its a preview for the rest of the instance which is said they will not be a great asset to the squad/. I dont care if they charmed, but just be able to do your job and not expect a personal pocket cleric to come save you from death by failling rocks since you cant figure out a simply pattern and plan according. Im sick of dealing with people that simply refuse to use their brains and except me to make up for it by wasting my time, and charm. yes i have charm because i need it for tw, nw, and so on and my charms cant be unequipped during pve which if you can so, grats and let me know the trick to it. So yeah, im charm for PvE. I wont be a personal pocket cleric for all the players who seem to have lost their brains. Popping a crab to get through rocks does work. I do it on my veno all the time and her charm rarely ticks on the rocks.
    Most of my squads, only have me as a healer which im fine to be the only one healing allowing another sin or bm to come in and speed up the run. If there is 6 players fighting mobs and theres 3 slowing coming in, im not going to stay around for the 3 when the 6 are more important and are starting the instance not flying to instance.

If your happy with babysitting the fails, so be it. Im not going to waste my time when they are ppl who actually can futher the run and make it go faster. I find helping them more important than helping the ppl who cant figure out a pattern and holy path/speed skill to make it through.
    Sorry, im healing the whole squad not just you. If you cant do you what u need to do in a squad, you are wasting not only you time, but the whole squads time as well with you failing at your job. Go farm TT, warsong, nw and get better then come back and be able to do what you need to do. Not waste my time and the rest of the squads time imo.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It's usually nice to IH the squishies before they dash through the rocks. I personally IH myself a couple of times and stand right int he middle of the rocks, catching people when they run through with some heals, I mean, sure there's a pattern, but I'm assuming that'll be the last thing on people's minds when they're rushing to help the struggling few that got started first x.x I say the hardest part about those rocks is after someone's died, and get up at the wrong time; everytime I try to time a heal for them, immunity usually goes away before my heal finishes casting and poof they go >:

What really does grind my gears are the people who pretty scream, "REZ ME!11!!!1" before they even hit the ground, or the players that demand full healing attention when they're not even tanking (And in some cases, not even at risk of taking aggro). Being nice to clerics makes their time in squad more fun, but I say everyone else deserves the same kind of recognition. f:cute
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If players want to aggro mobs and haven't even been buffed by me, why should I heal or even rez them? It puts strain on the cleric to have to heal toons that aren't as hardy. I've said a couple times that if you don't need my buffs: you don't need my heals. -That would go along with the people that run ahead in Aba rather than wait for buffs, or watch for pattern.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.