Old bug in 29

Burnificator - Archosaur
Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I think this one has been around for ages, but would like to bring it up.

Basically, the 29 instance resets your chi to zero on enter.
It is the only instance that does that (as far as I have noticed), and it's not the Secret Passage that does the reset, as both going thru the stone and entering it inside SP does the same.

It is not game-breaking, just annoying. I just want to know what's going on with that=
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
Post edited by Burnificator - Archosaur on

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pound the npc.
    b:bye
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Pound the npc.
    b:bye

Not going PK mode just for chi. And as I said, it's not breaking anything, sage skill+cloud eruption and I already have almost two sparks. It's just... not right? Also buffs might be removed too, not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not going PK mode just for chi. And as I said, it's not breaking anything, sage skill+cloud eruption and I already have almost two sparks. It's just... not right? Also buffs might be removed too, not sure.

No, buffs are not removed as well.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Do I seriously only see wizards in the thread? </offtopic>

It would be nice to know some kind of "Official (tm)" explanation though. It's not the "do BH, don't get EXP" level bug, more like "glitchy characters on a random mob's name" kind of thing. Except you lose chi. But oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The original FB19 instances also do this.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lvl 29 bh = 30~40 range, you only have one spark, killing monsters in the corridor brings it back.

If you are 100+ in that case, well, live with it b:chuckle.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lvl 29 bh = 30~40 range, you only have one spark, killing monsters in the corridor brings it back.

If you are 100+ in that case, well, live with it b:chuckle.

+1 lol if ur past the lvl range for this as a bh then rly does it matter its not like its the most challenging instance hence it been for such low lvl's
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well, technically TW resets chi too XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    It's not a bug. It's defined that way in the maps. There is a flag in the 19 and 29 instances to clear CHI upon entering. (just like the PvP flag, nojump, nofly, and nomount)

Sure, it could be disabled, but it's not like it's a game breaker. I can solo all those without needing Chi. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not a bug. It's defined that way in the maps. There is a flag in the 19 and 29 instances to clear CHI upon entering. (just like the PvP flag, nojump, nofly, and nomount)

Sure, it could be disabled, but it's not like it's a game breaker. I can solo all those without needing Chi. b:chuckle

one could argue that setting that flag to true/having that flag might be a bug but I'd rather talk about why would they clear chi b:avoid and yeah, you can get back the chi easily
    you only purge once #yopo
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I never noticed that about losing chi. I DID notice that entering 29 through the Illusion Stone causes damage to the player. Porting in a squishy lowbie can even be fatal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stone ports you into the entrance to an instance. There are active mobs next to it
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive