About warsong molds

Options
Burnificator - Archosaur
Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Does anyone else think that the molds being untradeable is a LITTLE bit unhandy? It would avoid so much loot drama (and overpriced "crafting" service, which, if I understand correctly wouldn't be possible with the R9 stuff since that's untradeable on its own) if warsong stuff was tradeable. People have to use other game mechanics (i.e. leaving squad) to get molds if everyone agrees about it, unless it's on free, and there are always people who just grab. Sometimes it even happens by accident (I accidentally grabbed a mold not seeing someone needing left the squad) and I couldn't give it back and felt bad about it. Especially since the stuff made with the molds is perfectly tradeable , and unlike other untradeable items, there's no potential abuse...

What does everyone think about that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
Post edited by Burnificator - Archosaur on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No. Just no. The molds are fine as they are.

We don't need to let people directly buy the molds off a few OP farmers and kill the instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Ambiguity - Raging Tide
    Ambiguity - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like it being untradeable....forces people to actually run the instance and farm their own gear instead of just buying it easily.

Besides, just keep squad on free and don't pick anything up till everyone else runs off unless they want it- easy enough.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Does anyone else think that the molds being untradeable is a LITTLE bit unhandy? It would avoid so much loot drama (and overpriced "crafting" service, which, if I understand correctly wouldn't be possible with the R9 stuff since that's untradeable on its own) if warsong stuff was tradeable. People have to use other game mechanics (i.e. leaving squad) to get molds if everyone agrees about it, unless it's on free, and there are always people who just grab. Sometimes it even happens by accident (I accidentally grabbed a mold not seeing someone needing left the squad) and I couldn't give it back and felt bad about it. Especially since the stuff made with the molds is perfectly tradeable , and unlike other untradeable items, there's no potential abuse...

Grats on 100, its fine the way it is. You will probably see the mold you want while farming all the basic badges you need. On the off chance you dont, buy in world chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Whoa, whoa, is it that bad? I thought that some OP people farming the instance wouldn't kill it for regular people going there. And personally, I consider luck based things a sort of a "fake" challenge. Like, no skill involved, just grind untill the Random Number God smiles at you. That is from a biased viewpoint, though, since I do not have that much luck with random stuff in this game - once I wasted 200+ mirages trying to refine a neck to +5, gave it to my fiancee at +1, she gets 4 +1's in a row, voila. I start thinking that there must be some hidden "luck" stat randomly assigned to every char at creation and never changed. Hey, she's the one who got a flyer from like 10 of the snake packs. That being said, I do get where you guys are coming from. Peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Since when should it be handy? Have you tried playing an Arena FPS (maybe more appealing to you)?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

We don't need to let people directly buy the molds off a few OP farmers and kill the instance.

This would be the case, if the badges would be tradeable. When only the molds where tradeable, you need to farm it anyway to get badges to build that or to just reroll.

I dont see a problem in making the molds tradeable
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This would be the case, if the badges would be tradeable. When only the molds where tradeable, you need to farm it anyway to get badges to build that or to just reroll.

I dont see a problem in making the molds tradeable

Actually, this. Didn't think of it myself to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    TBH; I didn't farm any of my G16 weapon molds. I just bought or traded for the weapon already made.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    TBH; I didn't farm any of my G16 weapon molds. I just bought or traded for the weapon already made.

A lot do that, but that is no help for those upgrading r9, I got the molds just need more badges b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Eh people would most likely demand that next.

Plus, you could just not defend and run badge runs only skipping the last boss.. Meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Eh people would most likely demand that next.

Plus, you could just not defend and run badge runs only skipping the last boss.. Meh.

Its just like SFC, someday everyone can do it but for now, just the higher and better refined one can do is smooth
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    the economy is already ruined as is. I shiver to think how that would affect the market. in my opinion, I agree with Xainou. they are fine as they are.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I find them to be fine as they are.
    The weapon mold took forever to drop for me but in the meantime I collected a lot of badges and other molds which I sold for manufacturing service and gained coin so I didn't mind.

I don't think it's much of a deal really and services nowadays are very cheap.

I think the are more important things that should be changed to trade-able than these molds.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    the economy is already ruined as is. I shiver to think how that would affect the market. in my opinion, I agree with Xainou. they are fine as they are.

Define ruined.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    perhaps ruined was a poor choice of wording. by "ruined", I mean it has changed drastically, and not necessarily in a good way.

tradeable badges/molds would only serve to further drop prices on gear, much like the nw exchange rate has done. I imagine if there were unbinding scrolls, it would have a very similar effect.

I'm not complaining or anything, it is what it is, as they say. only thing us players can do is adapt or quit. I'd much rather adapt, though I would not want to see prices drop so severely again anytime soon.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yep. Leave it as it is. The have to be a few things at the top end that challenge and differentiate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    perhaps ruined was a poor choice of wording. by "ruined", I mean it has changed drastically, and not necessarily in a good way.

tradeable badges/molds would only serve to further drop prices on gear, much like the nw exchange rate has done. I imagine if there were unbinding scrolls, it would have a very similar effect.

I'm not complaining or anything, it is what it is, as they say. only thing us players can do is adapt or quit. I'd much rather adapt, though I would not want to see prices drop so severely again anytime soon.

I hate the drastic changes in prices of things that PW lays on us, BUT; changes are necessary. If there were newcomers (mythical -I know); they would have an easier time catching up - thanks to the changes.

To me the economy is fine. I do however feel the integrity of this company is ruined by the fact that they have things like Arcane Book: Pets in the boutique for 5 years now, and how they drop a price to 20% of what it was for a long time in the drop of a hat. They slap cash shoppers in the face as if it's good customer service.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if they were made tradable.
    Like others say, you still have to at least farm for badges, so you would still have to run the dungeon.
    But I hate when I get a mold on one account that I could use for another instead XD I get more opportunities to farm on my main more than my alt (I like clearing paths on Veno the most of all my chars), so that would be really useful to me to at least just get molds from one account to another since all my equipment is bound.
    And no, I don't go for g16 manufacturing service, too many scammable situations come from that, and I've read and seen too many horror stories about that to risk it.
  • Caladiel - Dreamweaver
    Caladiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

^This. If molds are tradeable, ws is dead. I don't like ws, but can be fun with friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Make the badges tradeable to b:surrender. So i can sell 600 badges to a r9 person for 600m~1.2b b:laugh
  • StealthSai - Archosaur
    StealthSai - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Tbh i like what one of NCsofts games does, when you recieve an item of value inside an instance theirs a limit to how long an untradeable item can be traded, on that game it is 10mins long. During that time you can trade to anyone you like during those 10mins but after the 10mins the item becomes bound. This is a way to fix that problem where you picked an item on accident meant for someone else. Another thing i like is the Trade Passes which are basically the "unbind scroll" everyones been wanting for ages. with X amount of passes depending on grade and such of traded item you are able to mail any item that is bound/untradeable to your designated recipient. I think this would be great cause i have a pair of g16 Daggers+12 that ive been dying to sell <.<;. The passes are also farmable in ****, idk how you would integrate it in pwi most likely a boutique item, but im totally down for paying 20-30gold to unbind something to sell it. It makes it to where things are being deflated in value and it makes people conscious of what they are willing to unbind to sell seeing as their profit is cut pretty badly ;o.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

NO. NADA. BU YAO. IIE. NEIN. NON. NINGUNO. NAO.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.