Might be able to effectively solo PV as a veno now

mistressmuerta
mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Venomancer
I have not evolved my harpy yet, but looking at her spamable aoe's and dmg output it may be possible for a veno to effectively solo pv now. maybe easier for demon's due to crush vigor and fox form/summer sprint.....all you would have to do is gather mobs and hit summer sprint about halfway through while changing fox form with pet on manual and follow...when u get enough mobs quickly being channeling nova or myriad first then change forms/ which ever form ur in and have her stun simultaneously. while the mobs are sealed follow up with noxious while harpy aoe spams...gain chi appropriately rinse and repeat.....she also seems to be very effective on fc heads if you are a lower lvl veno trying to lvl up.....just a thot will try it out soon...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've not been in PV ever, so I can't comment there. I also don't use her throughout FC/FF because she's only 52 and I'm 91.

I have used her on heads in FF and yes, she chews through them like a bulldozer. Her AOE is absolutely spammable and her incredible range means that she really nukes a lot of them. Its like having a BM+Psy along with me.

Absolutely awesome.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I could give it a go, try it out and record but I have R999 weapon so that automatically makes it easier for me due to the speed+anti-stun from the Purify proc unless I take my old weapon from the Cleric.

If you do try it let us know :) sounds interesting.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i can already solo PV in two pulls, but as Desdi said r9r2 weap makes everything way easier ^^
    you could also think about using herc at the end of the pull to aoe steal aggro from you, so you have time to nova\seal the mobs and kill em ^^
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I did PV solo for the last 75% to 105 with a R9 recast weapon. It is possible for a well-geared veno to do a single pull for the instance.
    I haven't seen harpy in action so I'm very curious how you would, it does sound like a bit more coordination to command the pet appropriately.

As for what you have planned I think sage is more capable to gather chi with their new fox form and the sage chi skill than demons with crush vigor. However just be wary, even as demon you have only two anti-stun skills if you don't have a purify weapon. The random nature of the mob's immobilize can greatly throw you off and very easily doom you if you have gathered too many.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I did PV solo for the last 75% to 105 with a R9 recast weapon. It is possible for a well-geared veno to do a single pull for the instance.
    I haven't seen harpy in action so I'm very curious how you would, it does sound like a bit more coordination to command the pet appropriately.

As for what you have planned I think sage is more capable to gather chi with their new fox form and the sage chi skill than demons with crush vigor. However just be wary, even as demon you have only two anti-stun skills if you don't have a purify weapon. The random nature of the mob's immobilize can greatly throw you off and very easily doom you if you have gathered too many.

sage summersprint is very convient here since you can just remove the paralize...

how do you guys manage the actual killing because even with a good weapon i still need at least 3aoes to get the majority of mobs finished.
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sage summersprint is very convient here since you can just remove the paralize...

how do you guys manage the actual killing because even with a good weapon i still need at least 3aoes to get the majority of mobs finished.

Yes, I did it with Sage Summersprint. The 1 minute cooldown is a bit long though, so you could only purify yourself once or twice an instance probably. Without a purify weapon, this is too limited to be effective in the instance.

I took 3-4 aoes to kill mobs. This wasn't too hard. As I am finishing the pull I only make sure that Purify has just been activated, and then I Ironguard. The first Noxious Gas and Parasitic Nova can be cast during Ironguard. You have to wait for CD from Noxious, but Nova should still affect most of the mobs so even unprotected can cast a second Noxious. If you still have a lot of mobs left alive, you can Fortify/AD/Demon Summer Sprint and Feral Concentration for a third Noxious. If you still have mobs left alive come back with a stronger weapon b:chuckle.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's the problem with that? Just cast 3 aoe :D

Imo, it's not convenient to solo with pet. You need perfect coordination which requires a second at least, and this time is enough to die when IG is over. Would be easier to kite if you can't kill while immune lasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊