Sage or Demon

Options
hewhodies
hewhodies Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Assassin
Ive read about all the skills of sage and demon and honestly i cant decide soooo my question is
In your opinion which is better for assassin sage or demon and which r u?
Post edited by hewhodies on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is no best
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is no best

But there are plenty of threads about this question b:victory
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    But there are plenty of threads about this question b:victory

Yes there is, and no real answer tbh each has its up's
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Improper poll, over asked question, not asking for reasons (overdone anyway); shouldn't be making another thread.

ps: best answers already given in thread.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I am Sage.

Therefore Sage is better.

Sage is better because I am Sage.

It's just that simple.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    hewhodies wrote: »
    Ive read about all the skills of sage and demon and honestly i cant decide soooo my question is
    In your opinion which is better for assassin sage or demon and which r u?

since when do sins use skills? b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Runebuddyboy - Sanctuary
    Runebuddyboy - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sage is better in pvp, and the bloodpaint is sexy as it heals more than demon bp.. the only downside is that a demon spark gives you more aps for a short duration.. in my opinion.. go sage
    [SIGPIC]https://imageshack.com/i/iqsZgu7Kjj[/SIGPIC]

Just another manic monday.. and tuesday and.. the entire week
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sage is better in pvp, and the bloodpaint is sexy as it heals more than demon bp.. the only downside is that a demon spark gives you more aps for a short duration.. in my opinion.. go sage

it's not really a short duration, it's pretty much permanent.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

^Typical response from someone with a Demon sin, or hasn't looked at all the Sage/Demon skills.

Sage= Better damage mitigation OR status mitigation, more chi from skills, stable damage unless a zerk weapon, better healing ability to make up for no aps from spark, bless status from spark, more average DPH, and higher average physical atk from sage dagger devo.

Speaking as a sage sin, you have to set up your damage to kill something quickly, especially if you arent wearing an aps set. But over all your damage is pretty predictable when you don't crit, so you have an easier time gauging your power in some situations.

Demon=Average status mitigation with some damage evasion OR Average damage evasion with some status mitigation, longer stuns, aps from spark, wolf emblem set up for quick kills, better health recovery from deaden, inner harmony restore's 10% hp (love that).

I have never played a demon sin, but it doesn't fit my playstyle based on the skills.

Both are good for PvP and PvE, it just require 2 different playstyle, and even then there are more playstyles once you get into each culti. Demon imo is set up for that first 30 seconds of contact between you and an opponent in PvP. While Sage is set up for surviving an extended fight.
  • Runebuddyboy - Sanctuary
    Runebuddyboy - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    demon is cheaper because people can spark from 3.33aps to 5aps.. sage sins would have to spend more on aps gear to make up for that, and having said done that.. theres no need for a demon spark. In pvp sage allows you to survive longer, as a demon, you burn all your skills out at once, and then if you havent killed your target before that.. best chance would be to kite.. or stealth. In my opinion demons only really good for the spark for the aps, but if you buy extra aps gear, less need for spark.. it just depends on your play style
    [SIGPIC]https://imageshack.com/i/iqsZgu7Kjj[/SIGPIC]

Just another manic monday.. and tuesday and.. the entire week
    edited July 2013
    Options
    demon is cheaper because people can spark from 3.33aps to 5aps..

on the other hand, sages have more defense from spark so they would need to refine/shard the armor for less
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    skill wise, there isnt anything good for demon sins and sage sins gets all the goodies.
    but if you skip learning sage skills its basicly not that much diffrence.

Is the sin your main and you plan to do TT/FCC etc. with it? learn all the sage skills and go sage.

If its an alt and just something for doing BH with, go demon. Dont learn any skills since they are of no use ._.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't believe I'm going to entertain this thread as I despise these stupid culti questions that should be hashed out by the OP instead.

On the issue of Survival and DD:

Jones blessing vs O'malleys. -really as simple as that.

The rest like power-dash, subsea is only arguable and pointless at that.

People argue that aps is cheaper on demon, but I believe most sage assassins use a genie skill for increased aps anyway and retain more survivability while a demon may use genie for survival. Base aps is more a time saver in instances than erupted aps.

The reasons I prefer my Sage:
    Sage stealth can gain chi with cleric buff while demon slowly loses it.
    Shadow Escape purifies
    Sage BP benefits whole squad and alts
    Tidal Protection
    Chill of the Deep
    Deaden Nerves

I'm not saying Sage is better; only that I personally prefer it for the above reasons. I'm different from most players though. I'm PvE only, I find and use more efficient ways than conventional ones, I don't use HP charms, and only use MP charms on about half my toons.

Every class I play (7 of them); I feel the cultis are balanced. I still love my demon sin, it's just not my go to sin.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Culti choice for sins made easy.

Count to ten aloud. Now count backwards from ten to one.
    If you struggled at all with this go demon.

Do you have/can afford an aps tome? If not go demon farm your aps gear then switch to sage, demon farming with average gear is much much easier than doing it sage, trust me.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    At endgame sage cotd is barely 3.8% damage increase from demon, so that's not much of a factor. Neither is the extra wep damage on sage mastery.

A sage will max out at 5aps with windshield only with g13 and a tome, barring freakish g16 or r8r rolls. A demon can get 5 aps with one less -int roll, which means g16 weapon, giving 38% something more bp return from attack level alone, never mind the better base and refine rate.

With 2x or 3x int a demon can shed crappy -int tt99 and go for g15 arm, r9 boots and cube/r9 orns instead. That is much more survivability than sage spark with pitiful bp returns, slow kills, and oh, windshield kills sage spark reduction anyways lol.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    At endgame sage cotd is barely 3.8% damage increase from demon, so that's not much of a factor. Neither is the extra wep damage on sage mastery.

A sage will max out at 5aps with windshield only with g13 and a tome, barring freakish g16 or r8r rolls. A demon can get 5 aps with one less -int roll, which means g16 weapon, giving 38% something more bp return from attack level alone, never mind the better base and refine rate.

With 2x or 3x int a demon can shed crappy -int tt99 and go for g15 arm, r9 boots and cube/r9 orns instead. That is much more survivability than sage spark with pitiful bp returns, slow kills, and oh, windshield kills sage spark reduction anyways lol.

I always look at it like this. You don't get BP heals when you can't hit anything. That arguement is kind of flawed, seeing as there's a lot of variables besides just interval, and sage daggers devo gives me about 800-100 phy atk more than demon sins with g16 daggers and dex adds (mine only has hp, int, and vit adds). Demon gets more frequent heals, but they are less potent, the more damage you do, the wider the gap. 500 hp per tick vs 750 is quite a bit for certain bosses, and as a sage I have never went past 3.33 (no tome) and still do damage comparable to 4.0 demon sins. SOmetime you need to look at everything not just interval. I know sins that went from sage-->demon after getting r9, why? Because they like the culti better, some people just go crazy for long stuns and hf on throat cut b:chuckle.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    if u want to go dph in the end go sage better chi manage ment+i find sage skill better than demon bt if u r a farmer type stick to demon b:laugh