What next best shards to get?

Options
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Blademaster
@ Dan & Zan - IF one cant get Jsods/Vit/Dots what would be next best to put in a 3rd cast gear shard wise?

Type of shards and level of shards.
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @ Dan & Zan - IF one cant get Jsods/Vit/Dots what would be next best to put in a 3rd cast gear shard wise?

Type of shards and level of shards.

Shabby amethyst
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    you must hate ur bm o.O
    Team work is Flawless,

• Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I kinda like the extra m def, at least at the time I got my 3rd cast I put in perfect sapphires as fillers until I get enough for my endgame shards. I feel like I have a pretty big chunk of m def with that since I see myself getting hit for higher by the arcane classes more so than seekers/barbs/archers etc.

If you plan for it to be your endgame shard you can check out Asty's handy dandy survival calc http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html to figure out what is best for your build with your gear according to your price range. Most likely sapphire gems in your case, which is still not cheap. Could take advantage of the new weekly quest and get some cheap incomparable sapphires although I wouldn't recommend only relying on this as it would take 3 mats each shard so many wonderful weeks of farming weekly instances ;o.

It really depends on your price range and what you plan to use it for, I definitely think endgame pvp should have vit or josds as a BM, but if you really can't get that check out that calc.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Describe to us or me your ornaments. What refine they are, and if you ever plan to upgrade them (assuming that you're poor like me and can't get anything).

I went immac sapphire shards currently for the current build I have. I did it cause my armor is +10 with pretty good standing HP (had 95 base vit, restatted earlier to 45 base vit right now), and since I have a lunar ring +5 and a cube neck g14 +5 i lack some magic defense and threw it there to increase my resistance.

If you have like a decent +10 cube g14 neck or something, i'd go HP Immac/Perfects in your armor. When you get to the point of like 80%~ magic resistance against "X level enemy", it's pretty (financially) difficult to increase it further (which would cost you more money and you'd prolly buy a vit stones in that case lol). If that point hits, go HP.

Idk what kind of answer to give,although you ask other bm's, I think it be good for you to tell us the ornaments you have and what specific 3rd cast gear lol. Stage 3 nirvana G16 or we talking about dat R9?

EDIT: Asterelle's Socket Calculator will help you.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think that the incomparable shards we can farm from weekly runs are a pretty good "compromise", especially if you have a few alts (or people you would trust with your gear) so it doesn't takes ages to finish farming them.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    you must hate ur bm o.O

Not really but you gave no information on your current gear/stats or your focus in game.

So shabby amethyst is about as good as any other advise you'll get based on that wealth of information.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Okay lets add details to my first question-

IF u had a (r9 3rd cast BM) what would be the next best shards u would use?

If not Jsod/Vit/Dots. pls state the Type of Shard and Level of the shard.

There was purpose for refering to Dan & Zan however let any others feel free to post on what they would do.
    Team work is Flawless,

• XCableX - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hm, okay. Yeah I found a couple slightly (or majorly) off idea of what I was saying. I stayed up all night, decided to check forums for anything involving dumb drama in archosaur happening.

- I really do hope you eventually get to Vit Stones or something. It'll take a while for sure.

Just a little more information, what refines do you want to start at for the R9S3 Armor. +0, +5, +7(GOOD GAMBLER BABY), or +10(Doubt you'll be at 10 just cause that can be costly).

What about your ornmanets, what are they? What refine and will they stay end game (for you) for like the next 8 months or so?

If not, I would highly recommend what Joshy says.

or something stupid of me that should have been posted.

But uh, if low HP on r9s3, get citrines [flawless/immac/perfect/exclusive]

If high HP on R9s3, get sapphire [immac/exclusive/perfect]

if high hp, high magic resist (80%+ to X [your level] enemies), get citrines [flaw/immac/perfect/excl]

If high HP, 80% magic resist to x target but want a bit more to 85%, get more sapphires hehehehe. (It's a pain getting past 85%)

And about the level 11 Gems involving sapphire and citrine, idk about citrine but sapphire can be a valid choice above if you're really lacking the magic resist. But they'll eventually become "bleh" as you get G16 Defiance Cube NEcklace +10 and maybe a Moon's Embrace NW cloud stir ring +10 and R9 recast ring +10. But... that's also a lot of money too. lol. if you ever get those, go hp. D:

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

There was purpose for refering to Dan & Zan however let any others feel free to post on what they would do.

Man R999 that totally gives wonderful details on ornies cape hat refine level and tome.

Shards are seriously just w/e you really like until your armor and g16 ornament set hits +11-12. they're literally just a waste of coin till then.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Was gonna stay out of this since he asked for TheDan and Zanryu specifically but as it was a troll thread at the start and has only further become trolly I'll join in:

PvP? PvE?

Sapphire shards give more effective hp for magic damage than vit or JoSD.
    Garnets shards give more effective hp for phys damage than vit or JoSD.

Besides Vit, DoT, JoSD, and vit stones you really only have three options, lol. Cit, Garnet, and Sapphire. That's why we want to know your gear (especially your ornies and rings) and what you plan to do with it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Was gonna stay out of this since he asked for TheDan and Zanryu specifically but as it was a troll thread at the start and has only further become trolly I'll join in:

PvP? PvE?

Sapphire shards give more effective hp for magic damage than vit or JoSD.
    Garnets shards give more effective hp for phys damage than vit or JoSD.

Besides Vit, DoT, JoSD, and vit stones you really only have three options, lol. Cit, Garnet, and Sapphire. That's why we want to know your gear (especially your ornies and rings) and what you plan to do with it.

Shabby amethyst dude, totaly a legit option.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    rainbow sharding 4 different elemental shabbies ftw
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Okay i was not asking the questions in regards to advice . Some of the post reply was the plain simple answer to the questinn, rest of yall misunderstood the thread as if i was seeking advice.

Not sure about now but from Zans build last what i saw I didnt see Jsods tho hes r3 and held him self well vs several better sharded players. The Dans seems to have a lil more into his gear.

With the way the game has changed i have seen several builds that make me wonder what the person was thinking. Recently meet a bm who reduce his dex to bare minimum for axes and an accuracy of 300-400. Seen a Bm and an archer sharded with all evasion stones. Everyone has they reason/style and alot just simply play follow the monkey and do what the next guys does. Ofc there are Bms with builds and gear that make others just plain out hate them. There will always be haters in the world. But deep down they envy.

But lets say there was no Jsods in the game no Vit stones in the game no Dots. What would u put in them sockets with how the game is today?
    Team work is Flawless,

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Okay i was not asking the questions in regards to advice . Some of the post reply was the plain simple answer to the questinn, rest of yall misunderstood the thread as if i was seeking advice.

Not sure about now but from Zans build last what i saw I didnt see Jsods tho hes r3 and held him self well vs several better sharded players. The Dans seems to have a lil more into his gear.

With the way the game has changed i have seen several builds that make me wonder what the person was thinking. Recently meet a bm who reduce his dex to bare minimum for axes and an accuracy of 300-400. Seen a Bm and an archer sharded with all evasion stones. Everyone has they reason/style and alot just simply play follow the monkey and do what the next guys does. Ofc there are Bms with builds and gear that make others just plain out hate them. There will always be haters in the world. But deep down they envy.

But lets say there was no Jsods in the game no Vit stones in the game no Dots. What would u put in them sockets with how the game is today?

Zan is +6 armor why would he have JOSD's? He wins cause he's competent at game.

Dan has +10-12 full JOSD full endgame

The builds you listed have absolutely no logic behind them, they just suck.

If you dont know what flawless shard mix to placehold with at R999...

This topic is bad and you should feel bad.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    rainbow sharding 4 different elemental shabbies ftw

Damn, you win this round
  • Vaxuhal - Heavens Tear
    Vaxuhal - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

If you have r9 3rd cast you can afford good gems, Ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options

It's kinda like people who buy R9 spent all their money on it, that they're drained to refine + shard it.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

R999 = roughly 2 bill

Full JOSD = 2.9 bil

full +12 = 4.5 bill +

Cube NW neck/tome/R999 ring/NW ring also come into play in terms of cost as well as aps set, utility weapons, and ornie swaps.

Total cost of endgame build = 15+ bill

You is derp son
  • Vaxuhal - Heavens Tear
    Vaxuhal - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you can gather the money for r9s3 then you what? just stop making money? your coins read negative? If you have r9s3 you can afford to refine/shard it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you can gather the money for r9s3 then you what? just stop making money? your coins read negative? If you have r9s3 you can afford to refine/shard it

With the recent r9 sales and cheap cans/raps any derp derp can go r9s3
    Plz keep trolling this guy.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    mkat wrote: »
    With the recent r9 sales and cheap cans/raps any derp derp can go r9s3
    Plz keep trolling this guy.

Nice Hyperbole. Plz go somewhere else.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Back on topic:

I suggest this build to conserve herbs

http://pwcalc.com/0678a52280655542

ok

enough trolling; if you can't afford endgame shards atm then just buy some flawless citrines, the best placeholder gems in the game
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OP didn't make a post about 'time' being spent. So sometimes, for some people, can't immediately shard + refine their Rank 9 gear when they have it.

Are we talking about in 1 year or 6 months or 2 years or 5 years or hehehe?