Lunar Vs. Nirvana

Options
Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear
Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Assassin
I will be gathering the mats i need for my armor soon. And was wondering, what's the difference between going lunar route other than nirvana route?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Post edited by Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Think this has been answered many times before. Basically, lunar has higher magical defense values and tt/nv has 4% phy./ mag defense bonuses for full sets. But when you make them into NV 3rd cast, none of that matters. The lunar nv3 armor is tradeable but is more expensive to make, while armor made from the tt one binds the moment you equip it.
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Pro tip, read prev post, decide on what you want and then keep them on the same gear family, since combining (Lunar based 2nd cast Helm and HH based 2nd cast pants) does not give you the attack bonus.

Also, decide if you want to go -int or a defense full LA build.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    it's lunar nirv VS tt nirv
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I went lunar because I did lunar more often then TT and because it's tradable. It's way more expensive over all though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Celestris - Sanctuary
    Celestris - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A small thing to add if you are going going for an APS build with G13/G15 pants or bracers. There is a difference between the two pieces with respect to your defenses. Take a look at the two links below (I've used pants as an example, but the same applies to the bracers):

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25691 - Lunar version
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25709 - TT version

Notice that the lunar version has a higher base defense stat and an HP add, while the TT version has lower base defense, VIT add, and +% defense adds. You may want to consider how those will affect your build (particularly lunar version's higher base def vs. TT's lower base defense but having %defense adds).

Defense wise, If you're going all out on your sin and getting a lot of high defense pieces, the TT version may work out better for you. If not, the lunar version might work better for you.