Seeker more balence in PK

Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Seeker
i have been playing seeker for some time now, and to me it seems seeker have a bit, if not alot of a disadvantage in PK. it balence that a bit more i would like some of the seeker skills changed just a bit

●Quid Pro Quo silence to 5 sec/ same as what most class's got

Last Stand change cooldown to like 60 sec, most class's got some kind of defence skill that got like 30 or 60 sec cooldown

the biggest change has to go to the seeker status buff when it proc on a player it shouldnt beable to get purityed by the r9rr caster weapon/cleric purity/●Bubble of Life(mainly the weapon proc)

and when a status is used in tandem with it's activting skill it should have 100% accuracy

feel free to add your thought on this

Post edited by Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BigCojones - Dreamweaver
    BigCojones - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seekers are fine in pk and you are probably doing something wrong:S
  • SmexyChelsea - Raging Tide
    SmexyChelsea - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what gear are you using..
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LMAO really are u trolling? Seekers are one of the hardest classes to kill if played well. If u are having a hard time it may be ur gear, if not ur gear then ur skill. Sorry but thats just the truth. Not with seekers but any class, if u cant kill or die alot in pk its either ur gear or ur skill lvl in that class. Just because u have been playing seeker a long time doesnt mean ur actually good at it. Every class in this game can be deadly if played well, thats just my opinion. b:surrender
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He's talking about a seeker's lack of control skills.

Seekers get voidstep, qpq, heartseeker, parchblade+stalag proc, rewinding gesture for voidstep and that's about it, save for occult ice or something. None of them are pargicularly long lasting or super reliable. Voidstep is a spark stun for 3 seconds compared to bm drake bash for lol, 7.5 sec if demon. Parchblade doesn't have to proc when you want it to and as grim said stalagstrike could just miss.

Edit: pk is very different from mass pvp
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voidstep is a spark stun for 3 seconds compared to bm drake bash for lol, 7.5 sec if demon.

You really can't compare the stun between those two. i mean, stunning is bm's 'thing', is what they're known for ~_~ comparing seeker's stun and bm's stun is kinda stupid ijs
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    beside the stance messing with heartseeker and ion spike procs, seeker skill are pretty damn fine in my opinion. if you cannot control someone as a seeker, there is a prob.

heartseeker freeze last 7 sec on a 15 sec cooldown, that is a brutal long range control i think... only if you play smart and stay at range. Controling bm and barbs is easy has a seeker and sage unfetter make it hard for them to control us. arcane class, its just staying close to them and having parchedbladed stance on and procing it often. (said stance can be proced faster then most bm stuns)

b:bye so yeah, if you have a problem with seeker control skills, try to combo more the skills and keep your distance. Voidstep range make it viable to kite out of caster range so you can jump bakc on them after they waste their genie catching up to you or their sparks
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the biggest change has to go to the seeker status buff when it proc on a player it shouldnt beable to get purityed by the r9rr caster weapon/cleric purify/●Bubble of Life(mainly the weapon proc)

I consider purifying status effects off to be a tactic of mine to, y'know, avoid being oneshot? Living usually helps in PvP.
    Other classes' debuffs are easily Quidded away, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to remove your debuffs, too.b:surrender
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    wow just wow, -removed- they suck in PK, almost 0 control, status get purity more then it procs.... what are you ppl smokeing i could use some of it

and what is that bull**** with seekers being hard to kill Infamous, iam r9rr with 20k hp and i got 1 shot by a wiz in NW and my defence is far from bad, 20k p.def 10k m.def and 70 def lvls, also wizards have alot more def and control then a seeker also, and no iam not bad at my class, i have beated lots of players with way better refine and shards then me, but casters just are to OP right now, i stand a good chance vs all but caster's

all iam point out is that seekers got a big disadvantage vs the casters class's like mystic, psys, veno and wizards

in r9rr vs r9rr it is a big disadvantage in form of control
    edited July 2013
    if you get one shot by a wizard, that mean you are letting it one shot you b:surrender
    try to invest into more defensive genie and other items first, then see how that fair.

also, unless you are comparing yourself to +12 josd, full nw ornaments caster, r9 3rd seeker are quite balanced to other r9 3rd caster. id say more now but id be insulting and thats not something i wanna do
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Before I left the game, seekers became one of the most OP class in pvp due to qpq, massive rebuff transfers, and zerk crits that would hit a full refined r9 cata barb in tw for 200k damage. For wiz best I saw was 94k could be higher now but still no where near a seeker. Did they nerfed seeker skills or is the OP inexperienced in pvping?
    edited July 2013
    Before I left the game, seekers became one of the most OP class in pvp due to qpq, massive rebuff transfers, and zerk crits that would hit a full refined r9 cata barb in tw for 200k damage. For wiz best I saw was 94k could be higher now but still no where near a seeker. Did they nerfed seeker skills or is the OP inexperienced in pvping?

Nope, no nerf where made to seeker that involved that, beside making it impossible to transfer hp reduction debuff b:cute
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited July 2013

still suck ya got busted and they did that modification XD
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited July 2013

i would like to see that SS of a seeker hitting a r9 barb for 200k

best i have ever hit a barb for was 54k, but he was HF'ed,amp and purged
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seeker OP. Only classes I have trouble with are Wizards, Assassins with all their Tidal nonsense, and other Seekers I guess. HOORAY FOR ONLY HAVING PLAYED A SEEKER FOR LIKE AN HOUR!

Really though Seekers are pretty beast no complain!
    edited July 2013
    Seeker OP. Only classes I have trouble with are Wizards, Assassins with all their Tidal nonsense, and other Seekers I guess. HOORAY FOR ONLY HAVING PLAYED A SEEKER FOR LIKE AN HOUR!

Really though Seekers are pretty beast no complain!

yeah seeker are pretty beast in PvE, but not in PvP, you need to be in way better gear then the person you are fighting to stand a good chance vs casters
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah seeker are pretty beast in PvE, but not in PvP, you need to be in way better gear then the person you are fighting to stand a good chance vs casters

But.. I one shot a fully jaded Psy in white? Then did it again in black? Dem zerk crits 2beast.

The only caster I've had a problem with (only fought two to be fair though) is Wizards because of their naturally high all around defense. I've fought a Seeker or two on my Cleric though, won every fight so perhaps they have issue with Clerics. At least DPH ones do. Can't win 'em all though.
  • SLITNOT - Heavens Tear
    SLITNOT - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seeker to OP Flail just 1 hits most stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eagCnF1hpqc
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can hit high numbers with towers debuff in tw. It multiplies your crit damage by folds. People who complains seekers are weak are too inexperienced in the art of seeker pvp. I remember seeing Daruvial in sanc taking on higher level and gear ppl with his plus 5 gear and win. Though, many times he would die but that's because his opponents were plus 10 or higher. I also saw josd seekers fail to worse gear classes and tbh it was mainly because he didn't have a clue on how to combo and use seeker + genie control skills. Being a lazy bum is no excuse for failure till you have +12 r9rr. After that rolling your face over the keyboard will one shot most arcanes, many light armors, and debuffed HA. I remember daru rolling that goddessnoa's +12 dagger +10 armor sin 90% of his fights with only +5-7 armor and weapon (r8 weapon).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Just for reference, here's my experience from last night.

We were in TW against a fairly equally geared faction. A few ultra-geared R9 players, but most of them were R8, R8r, and moderate G14-16.

I'm sitting on my seeker and for the most part, my battles were either 1 vs 1, me vs 2 or 3, or I was supporting other group attacks.

In the majority of the 1 vs 1 battles, as long as I wasn't stupid enough to go up against the R9 Psy, Seeker, or a couple of their barbs whose gear I didn't really take the time to look at, (Although I could have, those battles lasted a minute or two), it was a pretty simple battle. Stun, attack, stun, they die.
    In the slightly better geared opponents, it was Stun, attack, stun, get sealed/debuffed/poisoned/whatever, QpQ, they die.
    No I didn't win all of the battles, there were a couple of archers that knew how to use BV and kite me properly, and I usually lost those if I couldn't get close in fast enough. Seeker vs seeker is always fun, and it's hit or miss with skills and crits on an even battlefield.

Sins were super easy. Find, target, Voidstep, attack and they fall over.

When I died, most of the time it was because of the following reasons...
    1. I was stupid and got stuck in range of a tower. Couldn't keep up with damage/stuns from the tower and the opponent I was working on.
    2. Casters hitting me for just a wee bit more HP than I had.
    3. Veno purge and a lucky archer/BM/seeker.
    4. Three of them on one of me. always seemed to be the same BM/Barb/Archer combo, which was kinda fun. Ignore the barb, take out the Archer, focus on the BM, and either die, or support would arrive to I could hop out and recover. Usually I would die as the support was dealing with another larger group.

It was an awesome 3-hour battle, and I got to try a few different tactics out on various classes. Because the gear differences wasn't huge it made for a very educational night. I only wish I had thought to record the entire battle so I could segment it out for some tutorials.

Also, just for reference, I'm still using the Divine Comprehension +6, and +5 TT90 green with a full load of immaculate citrines. My hp buffed was at 10.8k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purpleseeker - Dreamweaver
    Purpleseeker - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i have been playing seeker for some time now, and to me it seems seeker have a bit, if not alot of a disadvantage in PK. it balence that a bit more i would like some of the seeker skills changed just a bit

Last Stand change cooldown to like 60 sec, most class's got some kind of defence skill that got like 30 or 60 sec cooldown

the biggest change has to go to the seeker status buff when it proc on a player it shouldnt beable to get purityed by the r9rr caster weapon/cleric purity/●Bubble of Life(mainly the weapon proc)

and when a status is used in tandem with it's activting skill it should have 100% accuracy

well i do agree on the bore status being purifed by the r9rr casters is really annoying especially when dealing with very OP mag classes.. and 100% accu on the status would be awesome *-*

also adrenal numbness should be unpurgeable, if our bore status are purified, to be fair lool b:laughb:victory (although that wouldn't happen lolz)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013

*impersonates anime face* WHAAAAAA!? No seriously... I really think their disadvantages are so ridicolously unnoticeable is isn't even funny.

They are by far imho the most oped/powerful "melee" class available in game. Give me a seeker anyday over a barb, sin and espeically a bm... when it comes to be able to actually do something in mass pvp. (unlike any of those three classes they can survive quite well, as well as do quite a decent amount of damage regardless or who their opponent is, be it an melee, caster, or even another seeker.)

Again one of the most useful tools in this game/any game/place where there are attacks happening... ranged + decent/superior fire power wins out any day of having to get up close. (Look at what happen to the medieval times... once people started realizing how useful/overwhelming guns were they took over... aka their range + superior damage won out)

Sure there may be a few things that would make them even more useful, but I really think they're fine as is.

Also while this may have been pointed out already... (as some of my post has likely already done the same) the status effects... just be glad they don't cost chi, and most have quite a reasonable cooldown period. (it's super annoying how that proc purify's hfs/gs/other debuffs off of them.... 2 sparks wasted is such BS... especially when they CAN miss... albeit only rarely that still can miss... its really quite sickening/maddening.)

EDIT: My seeker isn't even in end game gear, and I do just fine on it imho.. .one thing is for sure I am far more relaxed on it than my bm. (both had compareable gear when I made this observation... neither was charmed, nor did I use apo on either/any of my characters.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    r9rr with 20k hp and i got 1 shot by a wiz in NW and my defence is far from bad, 20k p.def 10k m.def and 70 def lvls

That with buffs or without? I'd hope without >.< My g16 nirvy seeker +6 gets to 16800 hp with level 11 bki, pushes 24k pdef, and 8800 mdef with bm/cleric buffs. Blessing and weapon buff dependant I push up to 74 defense levels (omalley + krav maga). Its been a while since I've been one shot by anything in NW. 2 shot maybe by a well refined r9rr player - but something equivalently geared won't oneshot me.

NW I do die a lot more than I kill, but I also go in uncharmed and get ganked a lot. People like to gank on seekers because they see them as a hard to kill target.. Id probably do a lot better with a charm on D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Purpleseeker - Dreamweaver
    Purpleseeker - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    that is with buffs baalbak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]