New Helm

Options
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
So has anyone on any server gotten the helm from the new pack? I have yet to see it on the HT Server. If you've seen it selling, how much was it going for? No guesstimates as to what you think it will sell for, I'd like to know what it was ACTUALLY selling for. Just curious.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    while I don't monitor wc 24/7, I haven't seen it in DW.
    there is a bunch of pretty rich guys almost constantly wc'ing for it too xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Deveosety got it. He is keeping it. He got an offer of 1bil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The chance of getting the helm swissy is 1 in 125,000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The chance of getting the helm swissy is 1 in 125,000

Since when does 0.0002% translate as 1 in 125,000?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So I would like to know how someone is able to hold that many charms if they decided to open 10k packs, they don't stack lol
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So I would like to know how someone is able to hold that many charms if they decided to open 10k packs, they don't stack lol

Suppose once you spent that much, you could bribe the GMs into some solution easily :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol Placer, would have been nice to get the Matchless Wings and Helm in those 10k packs lol. I'm probably going to upgrade my robe this weekend. I just need the cheinkuns to keep the 4 primevals and the +10.
  • Placer - Morai
    Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol Placer, would have been nice to get the Matchless Wings and Helm in those 10k packs lol. I'm probably going to upgrade my robe this weekend. I just need the cheinkuns to keep the 4 primevals and the +10.

Yeah it would have been pretty cool, but the odds are really bad q_q I haven't seen anyone with that helm so far in RT either, maybe it just needs time but still :s
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow opening 10k packs will pretty much set someone up for a long time. Place got 3 sky covers, basically a 2nd cast cube neck, Matchless, the latest mount and flyer, more than enough charms to last years, 2 warsong belts, damn and 194 best of lucks lol that's 97m turning them into big notes. But the amount of real money spent on 10k packs would be a house payment.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well it's a 1:500,000 chance for the helm.
    Considering the packs cost around 50 cents each that means for every one you see PWE has made a quarter of a million dollars from selling that pack...

I'm sure someday this will be easier to get, just look at what happened to rank 8, nirv, rank 9, rank 9 recast, warsoul. All are an order of magnitude cheaper to get now than they were originally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    what would be funny would be to make it an upgrade from forest wisdom (ofc with bunch of items needed to craft) , since u can basically only get it by best lucks now XD
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Everyone, please use this thread to ask SweetieBot requests to open packs please.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Everyone, please use this thread to ask SweetieBot requests to open packs please.

I'll add a message directing people to off-topic when they make pwdb-type requests in General Discussion
    I'm finding those to be a bit annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I see the new helm has min strength requirement of 75.
    There is no arcane version?
    b:sad
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options

To reiterate, this. Thanks. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Look what that helm gives, sacrificing a bit of str is damn worth it!
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Look what that helm gives, sacrificing a bit of str is damn worth it!

This.

Stats aside, this alone should be more than enough reason to restat ~20 strength points:

T3 AA Nirvana helm at +12 gives you 1387 HP, while this helm gives you 2850 HP at +12.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Can anyone link the helm or the name of it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Oh look, its a caster who needs to stat in a useless stat to use equipment, what a shame that PWI is going to allow such bahavior, kill the devs asap.

infakt, it should have STR requirement like an heavy helmet, so 90-100 STR, be lucky its just 75
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I see nothing on this helmet that makes it worth a bill.
    and such a helmet lvl req. shoud be 100.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Ocypete - Lost City
    Ocypete - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

First off, it refines better than any other helm in the game. 2850 hp at +12 that would be any AA or LA's wet dream. **** even HA should be jelly.

Second, the +9 attack level set bonus when you have the cape and helm, thats just insane.

Thirdly, its got stats that are useful for any and all classes. Who doesn't want more att and def levels plus crit and run speed.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

The worth is in its rarity.
  • skaitavia
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First off, it refines better than any other helm in the game. 2850 hp at +12 that would be any AA or LA's wet dream. **** even HA should be jelly.

Second, the +9 attack level set bonus when you have the cape and helm, thats just insane.

Thirdly, its got stats that are useful for any and all classes. Who doesn't want more att and def levels plus crit and run speed.

Actually the set bonus is 8 attack levels. It was a textual error.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

It's hardly insane. If it were defense levels, then it would be better than just "meh."
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Actually the set bonus is 8 attack levels. It was a textual error.

The set bonus is +9, check out the stats

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=923401
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

It was confirmed in the last patch notes that it was a mistake/error.

Anyway, no sign of it on Sanctuary yet. I'm curious to see who gets it first.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • skaitavia
    edited July 2013
    Options

That is why I said it was a textual error. It was confirmed that it was actually +8 attack levels, even though it says +9.

Link to confirmation can be found here.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Options

I agree with the kitty.

1) That's a lot of hp, but considering the price it would only come into account once you're already +12 on all your other gear. If there's no other improvement you can do, sure. But at that point, for an AA, I don't think the magic points (str req + lost mag adds on other hat) vs the hp is all that obvious.

2) +8 attack lvls is noth insane. It's an improvement but nothing really amazing considering a r999 (which is probably the gear of someone buying that helmet) has above 100 attack lvls even with o'malloy blessing.

3) G15 and G16 nirvana headgear has usefull adds for the intended classes as well. So have many many many other equipment.

Sure, it's a good piece of equipement. At this moment, it's the best from survival objective. But that doesn't make it worth any price. I still have a crapton to spend before that helmet becoming anywhere cost efficient b:laugh

At this moment, it's rare so it's expensive, so since it's expensive it must be OP, and since it's OP it's worth any price.