Pet Changes (not directly evolution related)

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Venomancer
Stuff other people probably noticed long before me...

Pet damage is no longer fixed (for a given defence) but now has a random component?

Does anyone know how that works now? The fluctuation doesn't seem very large though. Is that just "We've taken x% of your attack, which is a range"?

this isn't technically new - but... the old befuddling mist + blinding sand trick? Not 100% (hasn't been for years) but now that you can be using your (evolved) nix to tank again, and don't have the strong buff setting evasion to 0%, this seems useful again.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• EllyFire - Dreamweaver
    EllyFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The fluctuation could be related to the fact it inherits stats from the veno. This is only a valid theory if it is for the evolved pets only. To test this we should use a weapon with a small gap between min and max atk and one with a huge difference.
    "How do you turn this on?"
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That appears to be the case. My 78 overclocked mechrab was doing consistent damage on warrior slaves; my 100 spadetail scorpion had a small variation in damage when summoned with **Immortal Indulgence ・Nirvana (wand), and a greater variation when summoned with **Enchanted Edge: Sky (magic sword). Summoned without a weapon, again, the damage was consistent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga