book drops

Purple_fury - Sanctuary
Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
since the elimination of solo/duoing seat and aba ( not even sure if the bosses even drop books anymore) will we get a new way to get the books that isnt gambling in those forges? im a sage bm i wish i bought all my books back before demon was the standard but now its not like there are any sage bm books floating around other then useless ones ( that people try to sell for insane amounts of money lol) or a decent book which at most should be worth afew mil being sold for up to 10 times what its worth..

now i know people will say just use the forges and i would if i could choose the book i would make but i cant its a gamble and my luck is pretty much always bad so spending tons of money just to get **** skills or duplicates that i wont even be able to sell is not something i will do.

so how bout taking all the 89/92 books and stuffing them into brim/eden and taking the 99 books and letting them drop from the bh bosses in seat and aba.

and the reason i think this should happen is because other then the lvl 100 specialty skills it shouldnt be this difficult just to max out your skills or in my case pretty much impossible b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Purple_fury - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Abba still drops books since old peachy drops old molds, but this was a really stupid move (greedy move) from PWI killing SoT this was the place I farmed my r9, etc. They probably want people to CS more and slowly killing any solo farming...
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hellfire abomination still drops books as well, it's just next to impossible currently to solo it b:bye
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another problem for me at least is there are 2 psychic books that only drop in seat. So I could CS till the cows come home and never see them. Anyone know if this is just psys or any other classes have books they can't get anywhere else?
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another problem for me at least is there are 2 psychic books that only drop in seat. So I could CS till the cows come home and never see them. Anyone know if this is just psys or any other classes have books they can't get anywhere else?

Assassin twin strike i think only drops from SoT or aba.

The psychic books also drop from both SoT and aba.

The drops are still there, they just made the instances harder, which is a good thing.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Abba still drops books since old peachy drops old molds, but this was a really stupid move (greedy move) from PWI killing SoT this was the place I farmed my r9, etc. They probably want people to CS more and slowly killing any solo farming...

1. whether you farmed sot and bought gold or cashed and got gold to buy your r9 is the same for pwi; someone cashed

2. harder to get book = book worths more coins = book worths more gold. so if you want to farm it, farm it; the market will adjust to the added challenge.

3. solo farming should be very limited in the first place; one toon soloing a supposed end-game dungeon is ****. I'd rather play a game were I can invite a ton of friends and play together without worrying about maximizing my gains; and pwi is slowly yet steadily becoming such a game: WS = team farming gear, Weeklys = team farming gems.

for the record I'm doing a fair amount of solo farming myself but that's because it's a necessity in the current state, not cause I enjoy it.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2013

sins shadow walk also, its just the tideborns that they did that with
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    1. whether you farmed sot and bought gold or cashed and got gold to buy your r9 is the same for pwi; someone cashed

2. harder to get book = book worths more coins = book worths more gold. so if you want to farm it, farm it; the market will adjust to the added challenge.

3. solo farming should be very limited in the first place; one toon soloing a supposed end-game dungeon is ****. I'd rather play a game were I can invite a ton of friends and play together without worrying about maximizing my gains; and pwi is slowly yet steadily becoming such a game: WS = team farming gear, Weeklys = team farming gems.

for the record I'm doing a fair amount of solo farming myself but that's because it's a necessity in the current state, not cause I enjoy it.

no one is going to farm the bosses for book drops and even if they did with how rare book drops are im not going to be spending 100m for a on basic (lvl 89/92) skill books that shouldnt be that hard to get..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

No1 said I enjoy it, farming is extremely dull and monotonous, and at this point I need insane sums of money to upgrade any of my current gear, thus it sux that my income has been cut off, tried TT 3-3 just now, I can`t even kill GBF boss or Steelation, farming is dead for me, only what`s left is to stagnate b:nosebleed
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make BH Aba parties and keep the instance after. Then go solo Peach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited June 2013
    Make BH Aba parties and keep the instance after. Then go solo Peach.

yea so i got to wait for bh aba days and hope that it drops a book which is extremely unlikely even with x2 then again hope its a sage bm book >.>
    before this crappy update i could do a bunch of runs in a day and even then i probably would at most get 1 or 2 book drops every 20-30 runs and of course no sage bm books..

so doing like you say i wonder how many years it would take me to get the books i need b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    yea so i got to wait for bh aba days and hope that it drops a book which is extremely unlikely even with x2 then again hope its a sage bm book >.>
    before this crappy update i could do a bunch of runs in a day and even then i probably would at most get 1 or 2 book drops every 20-30 runs and of course no sage bm books..

so doing like you say i wonder how many years it would take me to get the books i need b:surrender

Book drops are not influenced by 2x, they drop from an additional table, and the drops are once in a blue moon, for this lame action they did, the rate should be increased to 10 pct at least from current 0,6 pct, I can only imagine the price tag on sage Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast, already then they had insane prices which I enjoyed. b:chuckle
    edited June 2013
    Book drops are not influenced by 2x, they drop from an additional table, and the drops are once in a blue moon, for this lame action they did, the rate should be increased to 10 pct at least from current 0,6 pct, I can only imagine the price tag on sage Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast, already then they had insane prices which I enjoyed. b:chuckle

i was totally planning to make a sage psy but after this update i wont ever make a high lvl caster b:surrender its lame i cant get books for my bm but casters got screwed even harder in some ways XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2013

the chance for peach to drop a book IS 10%
    the 0.6% is the chance for any particular book to drop in the event that the additional book drop table is triggered. (because it is 1 of 160 possible books)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]