Slaying Level Effect on [?] Mobs

Options
tweakz
tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
One of the new pet skills for venomancers is Demon Hunting. It increases slaying and warding levels for pets by 15 ea.

The test used normal attacks which varied but no more than by 10 points.

1st was no buffs:

2nd was with Demon Hunting

3rd was Demon Hunting + Claw (30% atk buff)

4th was just Claw

Tanking

Tanking with Demon Hunting
Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
Post edited by tweakz on

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Probably want this in the venomancer forum

I can't be sure in saying this but it may also depend on the type of [?] mobs
    Hopefully someone will know for sure
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Probably want this in the venomancer forum

NO!

Using the pet was simply a way to effectively test the effect of slaying levels on [?]. This thread is not about venomancers.

A pet gives (or used to give) consistent results and still has more consistent results than other players.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ah kk
    I was just confused since pets and characters are not equal to one another
    Though I have a higher p. def than my pet, mobs do more damage to me than him
    Just giving an example
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Interesting, I wonder how this will continue to fill out on variances as time go's by.....

Thank you for thinking about posting this as a thread, this one will be interesting to read as time go's by and people add more data on it...b:thanks
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I've noticed that my Barb with PvE axes is the only barb I ever see holding aggro in Rebirth on the mobs which are [?]. Part of this is that many of them are lazy and just derp derp like most sins, but I'm guessing that it has to do with the Slaying level effect if I'm holding against wiz/psy/etc.

This revelation may sway me to just refine my BM's Morai axes rather than get G16 Lunar Axes or Hammers to share with Barb (who already has Morai +10). I've been surprised hearing the dmg from the G16 axes in RB already which made me hold off on changing.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hnn... this is interesting.
    The last time I was in an Abba BH, one of my factionmates had the PvE morai daggers that added to her slaying level.... but because the boss was [?], and thus much higher than her, her slaying level would not come into effect. And she was really upset about her damage being halved(due to lack of slaying level) 'in dungeons' until she figured that factour out.

I know that venomancer pets are not effected by levels' damage reduction, so it would make sense for them to bypass it, so I don't get the impression that the slaying level thing for players would have changed.... regardless it is still interesting.

Edit:: Hnn. So it did change since then, then? Neat...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    [COLOR"]Hnn... this is interesting.
    The last time I was in an Abba BH, one of my factionmates had the PvE morai daggers that added to her slaying level.... but because the boss was [?], and thus much higher than her, her slaying level would not come into effect. And she was really upset about her damage being halved(due to lack of slaying level) 'in dungeons' until she figured that factour out.

The damage is reduced for everyone against [?], except for pets/ summons; not just PvE.
    I know that venomancer pets are not effected by levels' damage reduction, so it would make sense for them to bypass it, so I don't get the impression that the slaying level thing for players would have changed.... regardless it is still interesting.

This may be the case, which is why discussion is pertinent at this point. For a long time now I've been concerned about this issue and no one is posting their findings on it, other than speculation (like the sin with pve daggers).
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Because pets do not suffer the same damage reductions we do, this test can't really be extrapolated to players as Venier has pointed out. Also, moderation shouldn't be discussed on the forums so if anyone has a question, I'd appreciate it if you pm'ed me.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Because pets do not suffer the same damage reductions we do, this test can't really be extrapolated to players as Venier has pointed out.

Damage reduction doesn't come into play in this test: A pet (the same pet) was used for all tests to show that Slaying level and Warding level has an effect on [?] mobs at least for pets. That is to say that they're not being treated as lvl 150 in regards to the pve only stats. If someone can show that this only applies to pets; then this may belong in the veno section.

The question begs to be answered as to whether this applies to non pets / summons.

I can only offer anecdotal evidence as to their effectiveness. I'm not however familiar with bm/barb dmg like I am with mages, and I have no experience with mage pve weapons.

Now that there's evidence, can anyone provide more insight (actual data) into whether players also get slayer/warding level advantages on [?] mobs?

ps: thank you oVenusArmanio
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Please take the time to read what Asterelle linked. Slaying levels are completely unaffected by mob levels. Warding levels *are* affected by mob levels. That is all.