meridian system completing first cycle

Options
Ignathas - Sanctuary
Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
i have a question.. i have opened all the gates in this circle, and then final window appeared with blue lights..
before it was 25 living gates, 10 living gates 6 living gates 5 and 4.. i done all that

the new thing says 10 living gates. then i click on it and its 'death' nothing happens, i get to click again (wasting pills). and then eventually i click on a blue 'life' gate.
And Then i have option to Click Again.. its of course 'death' and the gate 'shuts'.. meaning have another 16x3 = 48 tries

wasted 40 pills on that gate, it kept shutting the entire time, what the hell is this nonesence? do i have to click on 10 'life' gates in a row?? the probability of that is close to impossible.
the guide to this meridian system doesnt explain anything, just the basic principle. or is it simply too early
Post edited by Ignathas - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    ZaioBaio - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i have a question.. i have opened all the gates in this circle, and then final window appeared with blue lights..
    before it was 25 living gates, 10 living gates 6 living gates 5 and 4.. i done all that

the new thing says 10 living gates. then i click on it and its 'death' nothing happens, i get to click again (wasting pills). and then eventually i click on a blue 'life' gate.
    And Then i have option to Click Again.. its of course 'death' and the gate 'shuts'.. meaning have another 16x3 = 48 tries

wasted 40 pills on that gate, it kept shutting the entire time, what the hell is this nonesence? do i have to click on 10 'life' gates in a row?? the probability of that is close to impossible.
    the guide to this meridian system doesnt explain anything, just the basic principle. or is it simply too early

you need to click on two live gates in a row to finish it. if you find live gate remember the place, after reset the position of the live gates do not change. gl!
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    thanks, maybe ive never managed to open 2 gates in a row.. not in 30 or 40 tries..

but ur wrong, position of live gates does change, ive tried that
  • ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    ZaioBaio - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    thanks, maybe ive never managed to open 2 gates in a row.. not in 30 or 40 tries..

but ur wrong, position of live gates does change, ive tried that

One guild mate say they dont change. Sorry about the wrong information.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Does all gates reset if you fail the 2nd living one? or do they dead ones still appear as red dots on the system? If not then....it will be nearly impossible to open the last gates >.<
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • JezAreamea - Heavens Tear
    JezAreamea - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I am having the same issue and feel the total frustration. My living gates are changing also very difficult to hit a moving target! :(
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've been taking my sweet time. I've completed part 1 yesterday, on to part 2. I refuse to buy pills. All I do is log in and do the school teacher timer and the daily quest. As far as all the issues with that last gate and the dot's changing on you, this is why they sell the pills, so that you are eventually frustrated enough to have to spend money on enough pills to complete it. I could give a sh*t if I complete it, it's such a small amount stats added to my overall toon, no point in rushing it. Granted, it's nice, and an added bonus, but not worth spending money on. It's the same like the reflective matts they sell to double the exp you get, what's the rush, the game is not going anywhere.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    To complete the "Flame" in the center of the first circle, I believe you need to find 10 total open gates (not necessarily in a row).

Once you find an open gate, it will reset if you click another death gate. When it resets, the locations of the open gates may change (however it seems that certain gates have a higher probability of being "open" gates). My hypothesis is that one of the following is true:

- there are preset patterns of open gates and a new one is chosen each time it resets, or
    - each time it resets there is a chance for each of the open gates to move to a new location.

Here are the locations I tried (green denotes open, red is death). I started at the bottom-left red circle and proceded to make a star pattern in a counter-clockwise rotation (the pattern is out of boredom and so I can remember which ones I tried when it reset, not because it has a better chance of finding an open gate).

Each time that it reset after I found the first open gate, I clicked it again and it was still an open gate. After I found the second one, the meridian did not complete. After it reset this time, the first open gate still worked, but the second one did not. I tried clicking the first gate followed by a different gate, but didn't find any other open gates. In the end, it eventually opened even though i didn't find any additional open gates (however it completed on the 10th time I clicked an open gate).

Also, someone said in another thread that when you get to the next circle, then you have to find 2 in a row to open each meridian. That is not true. On the second circle I have opened 2 of the meridians and each only required finding 1 open gate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ok completed first circle.
    Needed to hit two open gates in a row to open second circle, Flame.
    Once opened only need one gate open to go to next point in circle.
    Currently about 1/4 way around Flame.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm at this point too and I don't really get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You have to get two life gates in a row. The entire puzzle resets if you get a life gate followed by a death gate. The life gates are not in the same location after reset. There is no strategy to it whatsoever, you just keep using pills until you get lucky.

In other words, it's another PWI moneymaking device. Don't take it too seriously.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ok completed first circle.
    Needed to hit two open gates in a row to open second circle, Flame.
    Once opened only need one gate open to go to next point in circle.
    Currently about 1/4 way around Flame.

You have to get two life gates in a row. The entire puzzle resets if you get a life gate followed by a death gate. The life gates are not in the same location after reset. There is no strategy to it whatsoever, you just keep using pills until you get lucky.

In other words, it's another PWI moneymaking device. Don't take it too seriously.

As I pointed out in my previous post, this is not correct. Simply getting 2 "open" gates in a row does not unlock the meridian. While completing this part I got 2 in a row three times without unlocking the meridian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is no strategy to it whatsoever, you just keep using pills until you get lucky.

I don't need pills to get lucky lol b:laugh
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As I pointed out in my previous post, this is not correct. Simply getting 2 "open" gates in a row does not unlock the meridian. While completing this part I got 2 in a row three times without unlocking the meridian.

You broke it. b:lipcurl

I've done it on several toons and 2 in a row has worked every time.

Ticket?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    f:stare

I'm on my 5th toon and 2 in a row has worked on none of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Worked fine for me.

By "In a row" we mean "Click - Life gate - Click - Life gate" A death gate between them shuts it again. It's not good enough to go "Click - Life gate - click - death gate - click life gate again"

But if the first thing happens (just luck, life gates do seem to re-randomise each time) and it doesn't open, then I suggest a ticket.

Of course, since PWI never tell you how stuff is MEANT to work... this is all a guess.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't remember if I saved it, but I took a screen capture of three simultaneous open gates on "Flame" for one of my characters and it still did not unlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is what it is. You have to open 2 life gates in a row. If you open a life gate then don't get the second one it shuts and resets the entire dot circle thingamajig. Honestly this is what I did. I failed quite a few times then I had a single life gate open. I got pills the next day closed my eyes and randomly clicked and it worked for me ijs. Eye closing ftw.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    same, once i opened 2 in a row it opened on up. now i just need one gate at a time
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options

I am sorry but your client must be glitched I would recheck my client files if i was you.
    Because I and others have done what is impossible according to you.

As hard as it may seem to you its not always some one elses issue, as much as you may wish to believe, sometimes the problem lies much closer to home.
  • $WetDream$ - Lost City
    $WetDream$ - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    something else i can spend money on woohoo..jksb:chuckle
    im am to stuck on this flame silly thing it is...the stats are ok it helps.I like it but it not easyb:laughb:victory
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You should really try to get a screenie, and if you get two open at the same time, post it as well, make a ticket because that is not how it is supposed to work, at all.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I am sorry but your client must be glitched I would recheck my client files if i was you.

As hard as it may seem to you its not always some one elses issue, as much as you may wish to believe, sometimes the problem lies much closer to home.

I submitted a ticket with a screenshot. I will post the response when I get one. Also, I keep a backup of the PWI directory on my computer with a verified installation. Every time I have an issue or PWI crashes (which is usually what causes the files to become corrupt) I copy the backup over the regular PWI directory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Keeping a back up like that is actually a great idea! Good job ^.^ Mind if I copy it?

I just keep a repository of every update file since the last client release without Arc, so in case of emergency, I can just run them and update that way, hehe.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I just started at the 4th circle now (after Frost), and every time I got a shut gate, everything is randomly recreated.

I think this is the way it are meant to work, or it would be too easy to get to the end.

And btw, to open frost to get to the 4th circle, requires a pretty good amount of luck.
    You need 3 living gates in order to open it...
    Guess next time it will be 4 b:surrender

I also made a video of it on the tube :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've a question
    not sure if any1 else noticed it but sometimes the word "death" is smaller than usual e.g.
    death gate

does it mean anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've a question
    not sure if any1 else noticed it but sometimes the word "death" is smaller than usual e.g.
    death gate

does it mean anything?

Miracle Max: "It means that the gate is only MOSTLY dead."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options

The response I received to my ticket indicates that they don't know whether it is supposed to work this way or not. The ticket says they will update it if they receive feedback from China that my experience was a glitch.

f:worry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    you need to click on two live gates in a row to finish it. if you find live gate remember the place, after reset the position of the live gates do not change. gl!

That's not true. I took a screenshot of the gates I had opened before failing again. The next time I tried to open the gate that was alive, and this time it was a dead gate. I think everytime you fail, it will scramble all the positions.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The response I received to my ticket indicates that they don't know whether it is supposed to work this way or not. The ticket says they will update it if they receive feedback from China that my experience was a glitch.

f:worry

My bet is its broken/glitched when doing the first circle had to go from CV low to CV high then GV low to GV high to complete.

On the second time around have had to go CV low to CV high then GV high to GV low currently GV 4 with one open gate to find and 3 more meridian points to finish second round.

Not sure but with the initial text mistakes/inconsistent logic and behavior also no-ones ability to explain clearly how its meant to work I am betting its poor design/coding and testing before release.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm 3 GVs away from completing my first cycle.. but I lost interest on it.
This discussion has been closed.